Conquer Club

aNonYMous Wa5 h3r3

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: aNonYMous Wa5 h3r3

Postby Frox333 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:43 pm

this is a very mean joke for april fools
Major Frox333

Postby darth emperor on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Frox333 wrote:this is a very mean joke for april fools

it would be meaner to do it another day
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby Darkended Blade on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:04 pm

darth emperor wrote:
Frox333 wrote:this is a very mean joke for april fools

it would be meaner to do it another day
Image Generating witty rebuke...
Corporal Darkended Blade

Postby sensfan on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Ouch. I fell for it. For like, the first 10 seconds.

This was possibly the world's most unfunny April Fools Joke.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:51 pm

If the admi menu is also legitimate...who will zero it out? And if its real that means to me that Conquer Club CAN be rigged like so many complain about. If that is the case you will lose a premium member here.
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby Paddy The Cat on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 pm

:lol: i thought it was funny. They get me every year.
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Postby SaucyJack on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:55 pm

To those who are saying it's the worst April Fools' joke because it didn't fool you...do you think it could possibly have something to do with, you know, the fact that people are *diligently on the lookout for April Fools jokes* on April Fools Day?

If they do it on another day, it's not an April Fools joke. If they do it on April Fools' Day, then they have to deal with a populus that has its guard up a lot higher than it would be at any other time of the year. Such is life.

The first step to achieving a great April Fools joke is to have people forget that it's April Fools' Day...which also happens to be the most difficult step.
Lieutenant SaucyJack

Postby darth emperor on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:10 pm

SaucyJack wrote:To those who are saying it's the worst April Fools' joke because it didn't fool you...do you think it could possibly have something to do with, you know, the fact that people are *diligently on the lookout for April Fools jokes* on April Fools Day?

If they do it on another day, it's not an April Fools joke. If they do it on April Fools' Day, then they have to deal with a populus that has its guard up a lot higher than it would be at any other time of the year. Such is life.

The first step to achieving a great April Fools joke is to have people forget that it's April Fools' Day...which also happens to be the most difficult step.

In the spanish countries is on 12/28, they could try it then... :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby DarthBlood on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:42 pm

SaucyJack wrote:To those who are saying it's the worst April Fools' joke because it didn't fool you...do you think it could possibly have something to do with, you know, the fact that people are *diligently on the lookout for April Fools jokes* on April Fools Day?

my reason for thinking this is a bad joke has nothing to do with that. in fact, i did fall for it...until i looked at the forums. i don't think it's funny simply because of the dice adjustments panel. it's not funny to joke about rigging the game like that. and how do we know that this isn't actually true. that the real admins truly DO have the power to adjust dice?
Brigadier DarthBlood

Postby denominator on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm

DarthBlood wrote:

my reason for thinking this is a bad joke has nothing to do with that. in fact, i did fall for it...until i looked at the forums. i don't think it's funny simply because of the dice adjustments panel. it's not funny to joke about rigging the game like that. and how do we know that this isn't actually true. that the real admins truly DO have the power to adjust dice?

If you truly believe the administrators have that kind of power, you should not be on this site. It's been proven time and time again that the dice are fair and balanced, despite continual complaints of unfair, unrealistic, or biased dice. Not to mention you have the ability to look up anyone's recent dice stats - including the administrators.

It shows that CC is aware of what the community values and thus what would make an appropriate joke.
Lieutenant denominator

Postby pmchugh on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:07 pm

DarthBlood wrote:

Oh yes, everyone should take things in life more seriously... that is what we need.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby bman8397 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Lol, at first I thought wow somebody must've screwed up and aren't I lucky. Then I realized wait its april fools. Then I saw it was hacked and thought yay, as long as they don't steal personal info from me. Then it hit me and I realized wait, why would april fools day be the holiday they do nothing for. (Plus the whole admin tools seemed weird to me) they had me going for a while. I felt kind of dumb at first for not noticing. I always love a good april fools day joke.
Private 1st Class bman8397

Postby Jimayo on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:07 pm

bman8397 wrote:Lol, at first I thought wow somebody must've screwed up and aren't I lucky. Then I realized wait its april fools. Then I saw it was hacked and thought yay, as long as they don't steal personal info from me. Then it hit me and I realized wait, why would april fools day be the holiday they do nothing for. (Plus the whole admin tools seemed weird to me) they had me going for a while. I felt kind of dumb at first for not noticing. I always love a good april fools day joke.

The dice adjustment thing was a dead giveaway. If they'd made an admin menu that looked real I might have fallen for it, but that was obviously fake.
Corporal 1st Class Jimayo

Postby bman8397 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Yea, at first I was a little too excited that I just got lucky to realize it
Private 1st Class bman8397

Postby Falkomagno on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 pm

and for all the complainers....this is a very well executed joke, so good indeed that certain "clever" actually think that you can "fix" the dice.

If you want an example of a disastrous CC aprils joke, remeber Cutesy Club....oh, my eyes are still sore
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby firsal901 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:18 pm

lool nice one admins

They hate you as much as you hate them
Cook firsal901

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:21 pm

This was awesome, well played CC
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Edric Wolfswift wrote:If the admi menu is also legitimate...who will zero it out? And if its real that means to me that Conquer Club CAN be rigged like so many complain about. If that is the case you will lose a premium member here.

You're...special. ;)
Major drunkmonkey

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:37 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
Edric Wolfswift wrote:If the admi menu is also legitimate...who will zero it out? And if its real that means to me that Conquer Club CAN be rigged like so many complain about. If that is the case you will lose a premium member here.

You're...special. ;)

If it WAS a real legitimate bug, the first mod who would have seen it would have alerted lackattack immediately, like any other mass bug that happens.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Sprocc on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:39 am

Got me – In my defence it isn’t April 1st where I am, but still completely thought it was serious.
Colonel Sprocc

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 am

Sprocc wrote:Got me – In my defence it isn’t April 1st where I am, but still completely thought it was serious.

It's not April? Where are you from?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 am

chapcrap wrote:
Sprocc wrote:Got me – In my defence it isn’t April 1st where I am, but still completely thought it was serious.

It's not April? Where are you from?

Some countries do this on December 28, news to me too.
Captain Gilligan

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:55 am

Ahoy Everyone,

It is great to be back in control! I wanted to thank you all for indulging in our little April Fools gag, hopefully you managed to have some fun with it and it helped give you a chuckle over the weekend. And don't worry, there really is no 'Dice Adjustments' tool---I can't even begin to imagine how such a feature would work if it could exist! And as denominator pointed out in his post, there is too much of a paper trail for such a tool to exist! And if it did, I'm fairly certain Lackattack, King Achilles, and Myself would be into officer status, instead of the middling ranks we currently are! Haha.

I must say it was pretty amusing to watch the "reasons" users were using for their various actions in the dummy-admin menu items. Here are some stats, and a couple of gems that I liked:

Dice Adjustment - 1870 entries
Paddle - 849 entries
Premium Membership Granting - 1029 entries

========

For the Dice Adjustments, I chuckled that the first couple of entries actually followed the made-up guideline of ~15%, but within a couple of more minutes the 99%'s started rolling in! dollarsnosense used the "tool" the most with 48 entries!

For the Paddle, Crazyirishman used the "tool" the most, with 46 entries! And here are some random entries I found amusing:

show

For the Premium Granting, lmcarreiro used the "tool" the most, but only with 9 entries! However, there were 286 entries in which someone awarded 99 months of Premium Membership! Most of the reasons seem to revolve around someone wanting to give themselves or their friends Premium since they couldn't afford it at this time, or for simply because they deserved it for making Conquer Club the unique community it is! Here are some random entries I found amusing:

show

=========

Many thanks to all those concerned citizens who sent in E-tickets as well, it was great to see you cared enough to take some action!

And all April Fools' joking aside, Lackattack really is into coding the next update...based on a popular suggestion that has been around for a long while!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby skychaser on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

you put this "the next update" thing here and didnt tell what it was... Come on! April fools' over.

Pics or didn't happen.

Could it be shuffle teams so I could play team games?
Colonel skychaser

Postby Chives1337 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:17 pm

2351 Chives1337 | P 69 | cos 69 is the best number ever (good april fools joke) | Chives1337

'Nuff sed.
RSN: Chives
IRC Nick: Chives
#Leech Pride

2108 - Major - 7/26/2012
Lieutenant Chives1337

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives