Trench Warfare

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Team, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby SimplyObsessed on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 pm

I wouldn't like it red either, not easy on the eye. People should just be careful when joining games.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class SimplyObsessed
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:35 am
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 am

How about an option to disable the trench effect once its clear that a player has lost? Require both sides to vote/agree for it to be disabled... I dont know how to prevent abuse of this for medal grabbing tho (ex- immediately vote to disable)
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:41 pm
Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (29)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Mr_Adams on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 am

This sounds disgusting... :P def a no cards game
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
User avatar
Lieutenant Mr_Adams
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:33 pm
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Great-Ollie on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Great update! Thanks for something new CC!
Image
User avatar
Major Great-Ollie
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 pm
Location: Northern British Columbia
Medals: 118
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:57 pm

if you make silver in the time period will it give you auto entry :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:19 pm

eddie2 wrote:if you make silver in the time period will it give you auto entry :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately not, but you can be among the first to get silver or gold...and have some bragging rights still! :D

Looks like 27 players, as of this post time, have earned a spot in the Conquer Cup III lottery!

Best of luck, hopefully more will continue to earn the medal by May 1st!


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25358
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:27 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
eddie2 wrote:if you make silver in the time period will it give you auto entry :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately not, but you can be among the first to get silver or gold...and have some bragging rights still! :D

Looks like 27 players, as of this post time, have earned a spot in the Conquer Cup III lottery!

Best of luck, hopefully more will continue to earn the medal by May 1st!


--Andy


I'm one of those but I already preregistered. :/
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:41 pm
Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (29)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:32 pm

If the lottery winner is already pre-registered, we can probably bump your registration to Conquer Cup IV I assume. We'll cross that bridge if we need to on May 1st!


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25358
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:35 pm

just to double check as lost the post will the players who have played this setting for the past 2 years be getting unique defeats against all we have before the issue of this option like with other medals.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Pirlo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:39 pm

eddie2 wrote:just to double check as lost the post will the players who have played this setting for the past 2 years be getting unique defeats against all we have before the issue of this option like with other medals.


I think some mod (maybe Gilligan) said no because it's so hard to check and find those people.

Q: how could anyone play this setting for two years when it came up a week ago only anyway?
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 118
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Pirlo wrote:
eddie2 wrote:just to double check as lost the post will the players who have played this setting for the past 2 years be getting unique defeats against all we have before the issue of this option like with other medals.


I think some mod (maybe Gilligan) said no because it's so hard to check and find those people.

Q: how could anyone play this setting for two years when it came up a week ago only anyway?


Unfortunately the medal isn't going to be issued retroactively, because it would be difficult to trackdown the games, but even more difficult would be to determine if 'rules' of engagement were really followed!

Some players have been playing this with a sort of 'Players Rules of Engagement'...there were a number of callouts and a couple of tournaments exclusively with players playing on the honor system!


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25358
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Pirlo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:54 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
eddie2 wrote:just to double check as lost the post will the players who have played this setting for the past 2 years be getting unique defeats against all we have before the issue of this option like with other medals.


I think some mod (maybe Gilligan) said no because it's so hard to check and find those people.

Q: how could anyone play this setting for two years when it came up a week ago only anyway?


Unfortunately the medal isn't going to be issued retroactively, because it would be difficult to trackdown the games, but even more difficult would be to determine if 'rules' of engagement were really followed!

Some players have been playing this with a sort of 'Players Rules of Engagement'...there were a number of callouts and a couple of tournaments exclusively with players playing on the honor system!


--Andy


got it.. thanks for clarification!

*hands bananas in return
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 118
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:09 pm

I wonder if anyone has noticed that we just invented, for the first time in CC I think, a setting that allows 1 vs 1 stalemates to occur. Has anyone noticed as well, or is it just me?
Conqueror Kaskavel
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm
Medals: 48
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 pm

never came across a stalemate there is always a way round it
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Q.
Can New Recruits play trench games ?
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Gillipig on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Kaskavel wrote:I wonder if anyone has noticed that we just invented, for the first time in CC I think, a setting that allows 1 vs 1 stalemates to occur. Has anyone noticed as well, or is it just me?

Stalemates can be prevented with round limit. Might be a good idea to use round limit when you play trench. Even on 1v1.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3442
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Q.
Can New Recruits play trench games ?


New Recruits are blocked from Trench games.

Gillipig wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:I wonder if anyone has noticed that we just invented, for the first time in CC I think, a setting that allows 1 vs 1 stalemates to occur. Has anyone noticed as well, or is it just me?

Stalemates can be prevented with round limit. Might be a good idea to use round limit when you play trench. Even on 1v1.


Round Limits in general are handy, even if you only use the 50 or 100 to just save you from getting stuck in endless games. ;)


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25358
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:22 pm

eddie2 wrote:never came across a stalemate there is always a way round it


You have a stack of 80, opponent has a stack of 78 and there is a single area in between. One of the players gets 32 troops per turn, the other one gets, lets say, 34 troops per turn. All the map has been conquered and there is this single "boarder". Or, you can imagine, 2-3 of those "boarders" around the board. Both players should conquer the boardering region(s) without advancing their stacks. At the end of time, one of the players will have 3400 troops, the other one 3200, but still, the stronger player cannot advance, because he will lose to the opponent's attacking advantage.
Conqueror Kaskavel
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm
Medals: 48
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Pirlo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Kaskavel wrote:
eddie2 wrote:never came across a stalemate there is always a way round it


You have a stack of 80, opponent has a stack of 78 and there is a single area in between. One of the players gets 32 troops per turn, the other one gets, lets say, 34 troops per turn. All the map has been conquered and there is this single "boarder". Or, you can imagine, 2-3 of those "boarders" around the board. Both players should conquer the boardering region(s) without advancing their stacks. At the end of time, one of the players will have 3400 troops, the other one 3200, but still, the stronger player cannot advance, because he will lose to the opponent's attacking advantage.


I noticed this tactical problem.. even in dubs not only 1v1.. but I can imagine it's even worse in 1v1 as you dun have a partner to which you can pass troops when he gets in the right position to get the attacker's advantage!
User avatar
Major Pirlo
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Homeless
Medals: 118
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby pmchugh on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Pirlo wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:
eddie2 wrote:never came across a stalemate there is always a way round it


You have a stack of 80, opponent has a stack of 78 and there is a single area in between. One of the players gets 32 troops per turn, the other one gets, lets say, 34 troops per turn. All the map has been conquered and there is this single "boarder". Or, you can imagine, 2-3 of those "boarders" around the board. Both players should conquer the boardering region(s) without advancing their stacks. At the end of time, one of the players will have 3400 troops, the other one 3200, but still, the stronger player cannot advance, because he will lose to the opponent's attacking advantage.


I noticed this tactical problem.. even in dubs not only 1v1.. but I can imagine it's even worse in 1v1 as you dun have a partner to which you can pass troops when he gets in the right position to get the attacker's advantage!


I noticed this pretty quickly, the stalemates broke up in no time because of other factors but the problem is there.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
User avatar
Major pmchugh
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:40 pm
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) General Contribution (1)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Keredrex on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 pm

love this idea. gonna try it soon. ......
any possibility of unlimited Adjacent Fortifications... the ability to fortify troops from any one territ to an adjacent territ... but instead of just once... you can do it for any territory that has troops. each territ would only be able to move to one adjacent territ and both territs involved would be locked off, that way you can't leap frog troops as if it were chained. just a thought
User avatar
Lieutenant Keredrex
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:41 am
Location: New York
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:35 am

sorry i still do not see the thing with stalemates i can see it could be possible but to get yourself into that kind of situation means you have not played the best strategy for the setting.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby codierose on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:21 am

or all your opponents are playing the best strategy happened to me many of times in a 3 player game or when theres 3 players left reason why i like round limits
Image
User avatar
Colonel codierose
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: RANDOMBULLSHIT.ORG
Medals: 98
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby OliverFA on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am

eddie2 wrote:sorry i still do not see the thing with stalemates i can see it could be possible but to get yourself into that kind of situation means you have not played the best strategy for the setting.


+1. We have been playing those games for years with the honour rules, and any deadlock we found was in fact a temporal one. If you see a "stalemate" its more likely because both players have trully similar skill levels.

And which map has only 1 border that divides two equally reinforced areas?
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class OliverFA
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:30 am
Location: Somewhere in Spain
Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (5)

Re: Trench Warfare

Postby Kaskavel on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:30 am

you dont need one. Can happen with 2 or 3. I dont say trench is bad, I like it. I just say it adds a new senario.
Conqueror Kaskavel
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:08 pm
Medals: 48
Conqueror Achievement (1) Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1)
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login