Conquer Cup VII

The official source of Conquer Club news

Moderators: Media Team, Community Team, Global Moderators, Department Leaders

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Conquer Cup VII

Postby bigWham on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Image

Link to registration: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=cup1



This Conquer Cup goes to Midgard! And as in that classic coming of age tale by K.S.S. Bobkin, there are great prizes for the brave, the cunning, and the lucky.

In fact Midgard has the most precious 1st place prize in a Conquer Cup ever...

  • Winner: $500 USD Amazon Gift Certificate + 1 Red Conquer Star + 3000 Conquer Credits + Gold Super Achievement Medal
  • Finalists: $50 USD Amazon Gift Certificate + 1 Green Conquer Star + 2000 Conquer Credits + Silver Super Achievement Medal
  • Semi-Finalists: 2000 Conquer Credits + Bronze Super Achievement Medal
  • Quarter-Finalists: 500 Conquer Credits
The Conquer Cup VII will have 640 participants, first come first served. The Conquer Cup is fully automated, which means the games will automatically be created and players will be automatically matched and placed into games.

Good Luck and fair travels to ye all!
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby colton24 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Don't you get in free with premium, or am I just completely off base there?
Highest Rank: Lt | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!
User avatar
Private 1st Class colton24
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 am
Location: Alabama
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby dario2099 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Only 132 players?
Lieutenant dario2099
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:57 am
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby Gilligan on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:45 pm

colton24 wrote:Don't you get in free with premium, or am I just completely off base there?


Wayyyyyy off base.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12720
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:51 pm

colton24 wrote:Don't you get in free with premium, or am I just completely off base there?


How would the site make any money off it then :-s
Image
User avatar
Sergeant TheForgivenOne
 
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Lost somewhere in the snow. HELP ME
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby colton24 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:48 am

Only asked cause one of the options was to upgrade to permium
Highest Rank: Lt | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!
User avatar
Private 1st Class colton24
 
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 am
Location: Alabama
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:04 pm

How do past prized work? I should have an entry into this tournament, but I cannot seem to use it?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Major Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9571
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby bigWham on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Bruceswar wrote:How do past prized work? I should have an entry into this tournament, but I cannot seem to use it?


Not sure where this prize is coming from - the only prize that I know of to get entry into CC7 was placing highly in CC6. However if there are other such prizes please send the deets to king achilles who will help you out.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey, I thought we were supposed to get free entries to the next conquer cup for sharing that link on facebook lol

https://www.facebook.com/ConquerClub

post made june 25th :o
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby kizkiz on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:44 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Hey, I thought we were supposed to get free entries to the next conquer cup for sharing that link on facebook lol

https://www.facebook.com/ConquerClub

post made june 25th :o


That was free entry to the previous cup
Major kizkiz
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm
Medals: 58
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)
Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:59 pm

i'm in with 200 others.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:22 am

so it went from 5$ to 7$?? that's +40%!

If I remember well, when i got an Ipad i had the choice between an ipad or 450$. The finalists also had 50$
therefore, the real money prize pool has increased from 600$ to 650$ which isn't even 8% increase for a +40% entry fee.
So yeah, maybe you've put tons of conquer credits in the middle that cost practically nothing (less revenue for future conquer cups or renewed memberships though that can't be exactly quantified) but it's a bit cheeky to say that it's the most precious 1st place ever; best case scenario you multiply your bankroll by 75 instead of 90 like before. Therefore, thanks but not interested.

Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:32 pm

kizkiz wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Hey, I thought we were supposed to get free entries to the next conquer cup for sharing that link on facebook lol

https://www.facebook.com/ConquerClub

post made june 25th :o


That was free entry to the previous cup


Nope... he said "anyone who didnt get a free entry will get one for the next one". But I dont really care so much as to be a pain about it, just wondering if it still stands with the new leadership so I can expect to play/not to play.
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby king achilles on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Could you provide us a link to the post? If you meant this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=193051

It just states, "The (Havoc) tournament is FREE TO PLAY. All that we ask is that you SHARE the Kickstarter project on Facebook or Twitter if able".

===========

If the reference post was made on June, and CCup VI started on July, it is most likely that any free entry you are referring to was pertaining to CCup VI.
User avatar
Private 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin
 
Posts: 10377
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:47 pm

betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.


It's an Amazon gift card. You can use it to buy an iPad from Amazon.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4149
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby betiko on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.


It's an Amazon gift card. You can use it to buy an iPad from Amazon.


My example still works. Have you received gift cards for christmas? Not as cool as getting an actual present you ordered. Don t you prefer the way the prizes were presented for the conquer cup 6? Also i m interested to know if there is a real interest for conquer credits. There are many ways to win premium or conquer cup entries on the site throughout the year. Are conquer credits really usefull?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5507
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 pm

betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.


It's an Amazon gift card. You can use it to buy an iPad from Amazon.


My example still works. Have you received gift cards for christmas? Not as cool as getting an actual present you ordered. Don t you prefer the way the prizes were presented for the conquer cup 6? Also i m interested to know if there is a real interest for conquer credits. There are many ways to win premium or conquer cup entries on the site throughout the year. Are conquer credits really usefull?


I would totally prefer a gift card.

For example, I already have an ipad. Do I need another one?

With a gift card, you can get whatever you want.
With an ipad, you can get an ipad.

I also don't think options to win premium or conquer cup entries are as often and as easy as you say.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12720
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:38 pm

betiko wrote:so it went from 5$ to 7$?? that's +40%!


The last Conquer Cup was actually $7 entry fee as well. Though they did offer 3 free months premium for anyone who paid to get in. I remember this quite clearly because I took the opportunity to come back to CC for those three months as a premium.
User avatar
Lieutenant -=- Tanarri -=-
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: The Underworld
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby Godd on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:06 am

need the payment pop-up window to work properly to let some of us pay to enter
User avatar
Captain Godd
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:34 pm
Location: ok you found me now go find waldo
Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (24) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (1)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby bigWham on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 am

Godd wrote:need the payment pop-up window to work properly to let some of us pay to enter


Could you clarify? Are you referring to the "Pay With Card" option when you click through to purchase? Or could you provide a screenshot?

Other people are using this without a problem so if you have an issue it may relate to your config, which we will try and diagnose and fix.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:08 pm
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby greenoaks on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.


It's an Amazon gift card. You can use it to buy an iPad from Amazon.


My example still works. Have you received gift cards for christmas? Not as cool as getting an actual present you ordered. Don t you prefer the way the prizes were presented for the conquer cup 6? Also i m interested to know if there is a real interest for conquer credits. There are many ways to win premium or conquer cup entries on the site throughout the year. Are conquer credits really usefull?


I would totally prefer a gift card.

For example, I already have an ipad. Do I need another one?

With a gift card, you can get whatever you want.
With an ipad, you can get an ipad.

I also don't think options to win premium or conquer cup entries are as often and as easy as you say.

wouldn't an Amazon giftcard be worthless to those who don't have an Amazon in their country.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:32 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.


It's an Amazon gift card. You can use it to buy an iPad from Amazon.


My example still works. Have you received gift cards for christmas? Not as cool as getting an actual present you ordered. Don t you prefer the way the prizes were presented for the conquer cup 6? Also i m interested to know if there is a real interest for conquer credits. There are many ways to win premium or conquer cup entries on the site throughout the year. Are conquer credits really usefull?


I would totally prefer a gift card.

For example, I already have an ipad. Do I need another one?

With a gift card, you can get whatever you want.
With an ipad, you can get an ipad.

I also don't think options to win premium or conquer cup entries are as often and as easy as you say.

wouldn't an Amazon giftcard be worthless to those who don't have an Amazon in their country.

In the past, other accommodations were made for those...
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby Gilligan on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 pm

chapcrap wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
betiko wrote:Also, I think it's more fun to put a real prize in stake. I was really happy to win an ipad and to have an actual cool prize coming from cc. It's a bit like ofering money to your kids for christmas. Sure, the money is cool, but a gift is more special. during this cup everyone goes like "i'm gonna win this ipad!!" the "i'm going to win the 500 bucks" sounds like a poker game.


It's an Amazon gift card. You can use it to buy an iPad from Amazon.


My example still works. Have you received gift cards for christmas? Not as cool as getting an actual present you ordered. Don t you prefer the way the prizes were presented for the conquer cup 6? Also i m interested to know if there is a real interest for conquer credits. There are many ways to win premium or conquer cup entries on the site throughout the year. Are conquer credits really usefull?


I would totally prefer a gift card.

For example, I already have an ipad. Do I need another one?

With a gift card, you can get whatever you want.
With an ipad, you can get an ipad.

I also don't think options to win premium or conquer cup entries are as often and as easy as you say.

wouldn't an Amazon giftcard be worthless to those who don't have an Amazon in their country.

In the past, other accommodations were made for those...


Yes I would think they would do something special there.

How many countries don't have Amazon, though?
Image
User avatar
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12720
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Gilligan wrote:How many countries don't have Amazon, though?

It depends which sign of the China/Taiwan debate you fall on!! :evil:
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: Conquer Cup VII

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Gilligan wrote:How many countries don't have Amazon, though?

It depends which sign of the China/Taiwan debate you fall on!! :evil:

I believe the Kuomingtang is the legitimate government of all of China, and it's not too late to expel the Communists from the mainland. What does that get me?
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 10895
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login