(The topic will be posted within the next few days - I'm still ironing out some minor details)
It's time for another cup design contest!
You Can Design the Season 5 TPA Shield and Signature!
Seasons One and Two of the TPA had very nice logos, with Tournament Cups designed by Sir Ricco.
In each of the past two seasons, we have held a contest to design the TPA Cup - and in both years, that contest was won by ndrs!
Do you have what it takes to wrest the Cup Designer's Cup* from the two-time reigning champion, as ndrs himself did two years ago?
*Unfortunately, the Cup Designer's Cup is not actually a thing - it just sounds cool, and gets the point across.
If you think you do, we want you to prove it!
First, have a look at the four previous Cups:
(note that there was no signature for TPA1, TPA2, or TPA3)
As you can see, despite their similarities, the Cups are clearly distinctive.
There is no mistaking the one for the other, even without reading the year.
So now you know what we want:
The same, but different. Different, but the same. In other words, create a logo that is immediately recognizable as being in the same family as the others, but at the same time has a new and distinctive personality.
These are the guidelines that must be met by each submitted design for the TPA Shield:
- Your design must be based on the Standard CC Tournament Achievement Medal:
- Your design must include the CC star.
- Your design may (but doesn't have to) include the current year or season.
- Your design must include the letters "TPA" and the full title "Tournament Players Association"
- Your design must include a decorative wreath of some kind around the cup.
- The entire image should be in the neighborhood of 160 x 216 pixels.
We also have a set of guidelines governing signatures - these are in accordance with CC's general signature guidelines:
- Your design for the signature must be submitted along with your design for the shield.
- The signature must include a copy of your actual cup image from the stamp picture (must be the same cup).
- The signature must be no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall.
- The signature should be less than 500 KBs in file size.
- You have until August 26th, 23:59:59 CC Time (that's 2 full weeks, plus a few hours) to create your designs and submit them to sempaispellcheck using the PM Subject "TPA Cup Design Contest" (without the quotes).
- You must host your submitted images at least until the winners are announced.
- The entries will be judged by the Tournament Directors.
- The following prizes will be offered if and only if there is decent popular interest in this contest, consisting of at least 5 serious entries:
- Winner: A General Contribution medal as well as a choice of either 6 months of premium membership OR a pre-reserved spot in every TPA5 tournament.
- 1st Runner-Up: Choice of either 1 Conquer Cup entry (or equivalent value in Conquer Credits) OR a pre-reserved spot in all 4 TPA5 Majors.
- Fewer than 5 serious entries will result in no runner up prize.
- Meets all the guidelines set forth in the OP,
- Can be adopted in good conscience to represent the TDs and the TPA (no obscenities, profanities, etc.), AND
- Is the product of some effort on the part of the designer (as opposed to something that looks like it was done in 2 minutes in MS Paint).
By submitting an entry, you obviously grant CC and the TPA the right to use your graphic. You certify that this is your work. Nothing is created in a vacuum, but no blatant plagiarism, please.
Judging by some of the signatures and avatars out there, CC has no shortage of graphical genius, so this should be fun for a lot of you - and we sincerely hope it is.
All the best, and good luck!