Conquer Club

The Great War

The official source of Conquer Club news

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Great War

Postby hwhrhett on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Casual Tournaments: Quest For The Stars - Silver

this is being listed under the banner on top for the great war challenge... this is not a part of that challenge is it?
Image
User avatar
Cook hwhrhett
 
Posts: 3119
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:55 pm
Location: TEXAS --- The Imperial Dragoons
Medals: 140
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (19) Clan Achievement (11) Challenge Achievement (28) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:59 am

hwhrhett wrote:Casual Tournaments: Quest For The Stars - Silver

this is being listed under the banner on top for the great war challenge... this is not a part of that challenge is it?

No, it's not.

Technical glitch. Should be fixed soon. The Great War tournament that should have launched today is Race to the Sea.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great War

Postby thelord on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:07 am

Race to the sea. I'm getting message have already joined another in the series???
User avatar
Major thelord
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 1:55 am
Location: winton NZ
Medals: 97
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (31) Challenge Achievement (3)

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 am

thelord wrote:Race to the sea. I'm getting message have already joined another in the series???

Fixed. I hope.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great War

Postby Kid Moe on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:58 am

wes.jackson24 deadbeats all his games in the final of the Battle of Cer. These are 4 player assassin games. Unlike standard escalating games when the person deadbeats his territories go to neutral and not the end of the world, in assassin game territories do not go to neutral, they go to another player, which causes an unfair advantage for all. This needs to be addressed. A suggestion would be to remake the games with the next player in line, in this case the player who finished 5th would be in the final 4. This is just an FYI.
User avatar
Cook Kid Moe
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (24) Challenge Achievement (12) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:35 am

Kid Moe wrote:wes.jackson24 deadbeats all his games in the final of the Battle of Cer. These are 4 player assassin games. Unlike standard escalating games when the person deadbeats his territories go to neutral and not the end of the world, in assassin game territories do not go to neutral, they go to another player, which causes an unfair advantage for all. This needs to be addressed. A suggestion would be to remake the games with the next player in line, in this case the player who finished 5th would be in the final 4. This is just an FYI.

If this was a manually-run tournament, we might have done that. Opening up an autotournament and remaking games is much more difficult.

I understand that you've gotten screwed as a result of this, but it does happen in Assassin games all the time. Someone deadbeats, and the kill you're perfectly set up for is now completely impossible. If anything, I would make a wider suggestion that maybe Assassin games should automatically transform to Terminator if someone deadbeats. That's totally outside of the scope of my powers here, though.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great War

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Kid Moe wrote:wes.jackson24 deadbeats all his games in the final of the Battle of Cer. These are 4 player assassin games. Unlike standard escalating games when the person deadbeats his territories go to neutral and not the end of the world, in assassin game territories do not go to neutral, they go to another player, which causes an unfair advantage for all. This needs to be addressed. A suggestion would be to remake the games with the next player in line, in this case the player who finished 5th would be in the final 4. This is just an FYI.

If this was a manually-run tournament, we might have done that. Opening up an autotournament and remaking games is much more difficult.

I understand that you've gotten screwed as a result of this, but it does happen in Assassin games all the time. Someone deadbeats, and the kill you're perfectly set up for is now completely impossible. If anything, I would make a wider suggestion that maybe Assassin games should automatically transform to Terminator if someone deadbeats. That's totally outside of the scope of my powers here, though.


Since when does this happen?

Last I knew the territories went neutral and the target of whoever deadbeat becomes the deadbeat's assassin's target.
ATN. MDK.
User avatar
Major iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 8590
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 122
The Championships Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Great War

Postby shoop76 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:50 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Kid Moe wrote:wes.jackson24 deadbeats all his games in the final of the Battle of Cer. These are 4 player assassin games. Unlike standard escalating games when the person deadbeats his territories go to neutral and not the end of the world, in assassin game territories do not go to neutral, they go to another player, which causes an unfair advantage for all. This needs to be addressed. A suggestion would be to remake the games with the next player in line, in this case the player who finished 5th would be in the final 4. This is just an FYI.

If this was a manually-run tournament, we might have done that. Opening up an autotournament and remaking games is much more difficult.

I understand that you've gotten screwed as a result of this, but it does happen in Assassin games all the time. Someone deadbeats, and the kill you're perfectly set up for is now completely impossible. If anything, I would make a wider suggestion that maybe Assassin games should automatically transform to Terminator if someone deadbeats. That's totally outside of the scope of my powers here, though.


Since when does this happen?

Last I knew the territories went neutral and the target of whoever deadbeat becomes the deadbeat's assassin's target.


Pretty sure they did become neutral. I had him as a target in 2 games as well and agree that it messed up the tournament, but I believe we all had the same problem. These kind of problems happen often in autotournaments.
User avatar
Sergeant shoop76
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 am
Medals: 201
The Championships Silver (1) The Championships Bronze (1) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (20) Clan Achievement (33)
Challenge Achievement (11) Tribe Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great War

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:59 pm

shoop76 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Kid Moe wrote:wes.jackson24 deadbeats all his games in the final of the Battle of Cer. These are 4 player assassin games. Unlike standard escalating games when the person deadbeats his territories go to neutral and not the end of the world, in assassin game territories do not go to neutral, they go to another player, which causes an unfair advantage for all. This needs to be addressed. A suggestion would be to remake the games with the next player in line, in this case the player who finished 5th would be in the final 4. This is just an FYI.

If this was a manually-run tournament, we might have done that. Opening up an autotournament and remaking games is much more difficult.

I understand that you've gotten screwed as a result of this, but it does happen in Assassin games all the time. Someone deadbeats, and the kill you're perfectly set up for is now completely impossible. If anything, I would make a wider suggestion that maybe Assassin games should automatically transform to Terminator if someone deadbeats. That's totally outside of the scope of my powers here, though.


Since when does this happen?

Last I knew the territories went neutral and the target of whoever deadbeat becomes the deadbeat's assassin's target.


Pretty sure they did become neutral. I had him as a target in 2 games as well and agree that it messed up the tournament, but I believe we all had the same problem. These kind of problems happen often in autotournaments.


That would make a lot more sense.

Unfortunately auto-tournaments come with this kind of potential disadvantage, but hopefully they can be tweaked as time goes on.
ATN. MDK.
User avatar
Major iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 8590
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 122
The Championships Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:13 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
shoop76 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Kid Moe wrote:wes.jackson24 deadbeats all his games in the final of the Battle of Cer. These are 4 player assassin games. Unlike standard escalating games when the person deadbeats his territories go to neutral and not the end of the world, in assassin game territories do not go to neutral, they go to another player, which causes an unfair advantage for all. This needs to be addressed. A suggestion would be to remake the games with the next player in line, in this case the player who finished 5th would be in the final 4. This is just an FYI.

If this was a manually-run tournament, we might have done that. Opening up an autotournament and remaking games is much more difficult.

I understand that you've gotten screwed as a result of this, but it does happen in Assassin games all the time. Someone deadbeats, and the kill you're perfectly set up for is now completely impossible. If anything, I would make a wider suggestion that maybe Assassin games should automatically transform to Terminator if someone deadbeats. That's totally outside of the scope of my powers here, though.


Since when does this happen?

Last I knew the territories went neutral and the target of whoever deadbeat becomes the deadbeat's assassin's target.


Pretty sure they did become neutral. I had him as a target in 2 games as well and agree that it messed up the tournament, but I believe we all had the same problem. These kind of problems happen often in autotournaments.


That would make a lot more sense.

Unfortunately auto-tournaments come with this kind of potential disadvantage, but hopefully they can be tweaked as time goes on.

Yeah, the territories do go neutral.

The problem with deadbeats in assassin games is that the person who was the target of the deadbeater generally gets a big advantage, since the deadbeater failed to attack him for three turns. It's not so huge in 7- or 8- player assassin games, but it's huge in 4- player assassin games, as these were. Basically, I think (although I don't know for sure) the winner in each of the games was wes jackson's target.

Still, it's a problem of assassin games in general, not a problem specific to the Great War series or even to auto-tournaments. The only reason I was apologising was that if these were manual tournaments, I might been persuaded to remake the games, but with this being an autotournament it wasn't even an option.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great War

Postby Kid Moe on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:23 pm

I apologize for typing they did not go neutral, i thought they didn't......I just brought this up to address it now to have a plan for the future, unfortunately for me, by him dead beating it killed me the most......oh well....life happens......it was a good tourny regardless
User avatar
Cook Kid Moe
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:15 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (24) Challenge Achievement (12) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: The Great War

Postby stealth99 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:19 pm

Can we please try to include "expiry dates" in the tourney labels, so we can plan around how much time we have to join these things. Given that we have to earn tokens by playing reg games on maps that are limited and getting quite old, it's nice to at least know how much time we have to join. Thanks.
User avatar
Corporal stealth99
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america
Medals: 109
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (9) Tribe Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: The Great War

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

stealth99 wrote:Can we please try to include "expiry dates" in the tourney labels, so we can plan around how much time we have to join these things. Given that we have to earn tokens by playing reg games on maps that are limited and getting quite old, it's nice to at least know how much time we have to join. Thanks.


If you look in this thread in the current tournies, it lists when it expires.
Sergeant elonpuckhog
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Great War

Postby shoop76 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Can't we make a restriction that a player must have a certain percentage of turns taken? Probably 97%. There are organizers that ask for this in the community tournaments. This would considerably reduce this problem.
User avatar
Sergeant shoop76
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 am
Medals: 201
The Championships Silver (1) The Championships Bronze (1) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (20) Clan Achievement (33)
Challenge Achievement (11) Tribe Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:22 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:
stealth99 wrote:Can we please try to include "expiry dates" in the tourney labels, so we can plan around how much time we have to join these things. Given that we have to earn tokens by playing reg games on maps that are limited and getting quite old, it's nice to at least know how much time we have to join. Thanks.


If you look in this thread in the current tournies, it lists when it expires.

Yes, usually I put it right in the spoiler head of the tournament, although once in a while I forget.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=207817&p=4556459#p4556459

I forgot this time, but it's now fixed. Generally speaking, most of the autotourneys have had a 7-day timer. Only a few had a different time.

shoop76 wrote:Can't we make a restriction that a player must have a certain percentage of turns taken? Probably 97%. There are organizers that ask for this in the community tournaments. This would considerably reduce this problem.

That's a good idea. I don't know if it's technically feasible. I'll ask bigWham about it.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great War

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:18 pm

shoop76 wrote:Can't we make a restriction that a player must have a certain percentage of turns taken? Probably 97%. There are organizers that ask for this in the community tournaments. This would considerably reduce this problem.

I'm not sure that fixes the issue, unless you're looking at the restriction before each round begins.
Sergeant elonpuckhog
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Great War

Postby shoop76 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:57 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:
shoop76 wrote:Can't we make a restriction that a player must have a certain percentage of turns taken? Probably 97%. There are organizers that ask for this in the community tournaments. This would considerably reduce this problem.

I'm not sure that fixes the issue, unless you're looking at the restriction before each round begins.


Don't think it will totally fix the issue, but I think it will severely reduce it.
User avatar
Sergeant shoop76
 
Posts: 3783
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:44 am
Medals: 201
The Championships Silver (1) The Championships Bronze (1) Monthly Leader Silver (2) Monthly Leader Bronze (2) Standard Achievement (4)
Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (20) Clan Achievement (33)
Challenge Achievement (11) Tribe Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:13 am

A new DoomYoshi tournament:
show: the black sea raid 1500 jan 31st to 1500 feb 7th
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Sep 17th to Dec 17th 2014 autotourney archive

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:31 am

Archive of the auto-tournaments from Sept. 17th to Dec. 24th, 2014:

show: Battle of Cer, 10 PM Sep 17 - 10 PM Sep 21

show: Black and Aegean Seas 12 AM Sep 18 - 12 AM Sep 22

show: The Battle of Antivari, 5 AM Sep 18 - 5 AM Sep 22

show: The Battle of Tannenberg, 10 AM Sep 18 - 10 AM Sep 22

show: The Assassination of Franz Ferdinand, 12 PM Sep 18 - 12 PM Sep 22

show: The Siege of Tsingtao 8 PM Sep 24 - 8 PM Oct 1

show: Battle of the Drina, 11 PM Sep 24 - 11 PM Oct 1

show: First Battle of Masurian Lakes, 3 AM Sep 25 - 3 AM Oct 2

show: The Fall of Liege 2014-03-09 1300 to 2014-10-09 1300

October 3rd: the first Freemium-friendly tournament in this series!
show: Mulhouse-Lorraine 1500 Oct 3rd to 1500 Oct 10th

show: The Escape of the Goeben, 12 AM Oct 30

show: The Battle at Heligoland Bight Oct 13 3 PM - Oct 20 3 PM

show: battle off texel oct 19 0100 to oct 26 0100

show: silver helmets 1500 october 26th to 1500 November 2nd

show: u-boat part 1 nov 2nd 1500 to nov 9th 1500

show: charleroi namur and mons nov 5th 1500 to nov 12th 1500

show: trindade Nov 9th 1900 Nov 16th to 1900

show: maubeuge, le cateau and st. quentin nov 14th 1500 to nov 21st 1500

show: the brutalization of belgium Nov 23rd 1500 to Nov 30th 1500

The first great French victory

show: Marne

A new freemium-friendly tournament:
show: Bita Paka dec 7th 2100 to dec 14th 2100

The beginnings of the great Trench
show: first Aisne 1500 dec 14th to 1500 dec 21st

show: the defense of the realm act 1500 dec 17 to 1500 dec 24

show: the Christmas Truce Dec 24th 2120 to Dec 26th 2120
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great War

Postby GallantPellham on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 pm

played 3 trans sib games, won 2, my opponent got 1 at the beginning of the game? what gives mate, please explain.
[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKqihEFIH0[/YouTube]Image
User avatar
Major GallantPellham
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Jawga
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (26) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: The Great War

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:09 pm

GallantPellham wrote:played 3 trans sib games, won 2, my opponent got 1 at the beginning of the game? what gives mate, please explain.


Are you referring to the tokens? They're random, sometimes you get one at the beginning of a game, sometimes at the end, sometimes not at all.
ATN. MDK.
User avatar
Major iAmCaffeine
 
Posts: 8590
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Medals: 122
The Championships Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (4) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: The Great War

Postby GallantPellham on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:10 pm

thanks
[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKqihEFIH0[/YouTube]Image
User avatar
Major GallantPellham
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Jawga
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (26) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: The Great War

Postby robellis00 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Quick Question: Will you be adding WWI Ottoman Empire map to the list of maps that drop tokens? It might be a good addition to bring some new life to that list of maps. Thanks.
User avatar
Lieutenant robellis00
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:58 am
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (10) Challenge Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great War

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 am

robellis00 wrote:Quick Question: Will you be adding WWI Ottoman Empire map to the list of maps that drop tokens? It might be a good addition to bring some new life to that list of maps. Thanks.

Yes. Coming soon. I would say no less than two weeks and no more than a month.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator
 
Posts: 19594
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 212
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (4) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (24) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (25) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great War

Postby stealth99 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Thanks for including the Dates for new Tournaments guys. Much appreciated.
User avatar
Corporal stealth99
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america
Medals: 109
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (8) Challenge Achievement (9) Tribe Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nswift04, pconnolly365