greenoaks wrote:the numbers in the legend don't line up.
the top field has the number much closer than the bottom one is. they seem to slowly move further from the left edge of the box as you go down.
Bruceswar wrote:Next Version should be out soon. I will have some other minor fixes plus a few big ones. Also I have a special guest helper.
Bruceswar wrote:Besides the small map what is left to do?
lanyards wrote:Bruceswar wrote:Besides the small map what is left to do?
Just focus on improving the map as much as you can
- Lat/long lines should go under all the black land and region borders. Also under all the text labels such as "Baltic Sea," and under the bird symbol. These don't actually seem necessary to me at all.
- Some of the region name labels are awkwardly positioned. I feel these and the troop locations could be arranged better still.
- All text will fit horizontally.
- Is there some reason there appears to be top/middle/bottom sections divided by similar colors? Like are these nation states? And also is that why some borders look thicker than others?
- Left edge of the map has more space between the line then the right edge.
- Move Sigs and Special Thanks inside the border. might look better
- The example river has a weird color which is not the same as what is found on the map
lanyards wrote:Okay colors do appear to be representative of the 3 states. In that case maybe you could make the "Baltic States" title a more neutral color not used on the map and make the three countries names under the title the same colors used in the countries on the map. Make Estonia first and Lituania last.
Also it looks like the thicker borders separate the different states also. I think all borders should be the same smaller size (including the borders between land and water and between the playable regions and the dead space areas.
- The legend is pretty plain now, but other than that I think maybe you could just list em north to south
Again, I think you should figure out a way to do this with the names of the countries you put under the title. There are many ways to do this: stroke, glow, or mess around with darker blues or different color all together.greenoaks wrote:the legend use to say North/South Estonia, etc. now there is no mention of the countries anywhere on the map that are the Baltic States. i'm not suggesting a return to South West Latvia or some other such thing in the legend. but those countries should have their name somewhere. maybe on the map, maybe somehow on the legend. i don't know how, just throwing that out there for your consideration.
Something needs to be done.ManBungalow wrote:One thing while I'm here:
The grid you have on top of everything looks a little uncomfortable. Like it needs to be a darker colour (near black) and set the layer mode to overlay or something.
LOOOOOTS. In the Auks Tatia area for example, every single region's name is shoved in a corner.Bruceswar wrote:Point 2: Which regions and or numbers?
I think the thicker borders looks kinda dumb in some of the detailed areas and the islands. (Klaipeda & Tallinn + islands)Bruceswar wrote:And the border should be thinker and I will leave them that way.
greenoaks wrote:on the legend, the 3 for the 2nd last region looks out of line to the rest.
the names of states looks good but which is which? i'm guessing they are listed bottom to top but should i be guessing? is it relevant to know?
this is a cosmetic thing so decline if you like - i would prefer to see the place names more central in their regions. places like Utena, Panevezys & Siauliai are labeled to the side and could be moved left or right to look more like Vilnius, Saldus and Druskininkai. with that said i'd like to see Marijampole moved up and a little to the right, Liepaja up a little and a fraction right to get it away from the borders, and Jurbarkas moved a little right.
ok back to the legend, going down 2, 5, 2, 5, 3 are straight, then 4, 3, 4, 2, 2 are a pixel right, with the following 3 a pixel left (aligned with top group) and the final '2' a pixel right (aligned with middle group) - or is that just my eyes
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest