[Vacation valid until July 2014] Alamo

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alamo map 29/9

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:51 am

koontz1973 wrote:Mexico good, America bad. Revert to the original American ones.

Actually they look spot on. Sans the Bowie who needs a knife. I like the new ones. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Mexico good, America bad. Revert to the original American ones.

Actually they look spot on. Sans the Bowie who needs a knife. I like the new ones. :)

But they look like the Americans ones but with a colour placed over the tunic rather badly.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby generalhead on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

But they look like the Americans ones but with a colour placed over the tunic rather badly.

I agree they don't look good. They look like they are from WWII and not the Alamo. I will change them.
Sergeant generalhead

Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (14) General Contribution (1)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:05 am

You need some like so..

Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby generalhead on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks Bruceswar. I have tried figures like this before. when you scale them down they end up not looking right. I have tried probably around 6 or so different figures sets just like this. I wish they would look like this when they were done. I will see what I can do.
Sergeant generalhead

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby RedBaron0 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:24 pm

I dunno about the Texan figures.... To me Travis looks like Wolverine to me, and Davy Crockett almost seems a little obscene to me. Mexicans look ok to me. just okay.

Still think you need to add in a representation of the familiar facade of the Alamo, somewhere to be sure.

ImageImageImage
Major RedBaron0
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 83
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (12)

Postby generalhead on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 pm

RedBaron0 wrote:I dunno about the Texan figures.... To me Travis looks like Wolverine to me, and Davy Crockett almost seems a little obscene to me. Mexicans look ok to me. just okay.

Still think you need to add in a representation of the familiar facade of the Alamo, somewhere to be sure.

Thanks RB0. I had the facade in there early on, but it was very intrusive. I always liked it myself. I will see if I can add it back in.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:24 am

-Salut Gen--
I haven't visited here in a while, and let Me tell Ya, Lovin everything about this, all the changes and improvements since I last saw it, very clear and very ready to become played upon I believe from what I see,, Send this to the list of maps so We can play it 4SURE!! Great job Gen, and all who've helped along the way-- >>>>>---------MAG-OUT----------> '')
Major MagnusGreeol

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby generalhead on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:42 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:-Salut Gen--
I haven't visited here in a while, and let Me tell Ya, Lovin everything about this, all the changes and improvements since I last saw it, very clear and very ready to become played upon I believe from what I see,, Send this to the list of maps so We can play it 4SURE!! Great job Gen, and all who've helped along the way-- >>>>>---------MAG-OUT----------> '')

Thanks bro' appreciate that.

I am trying a layout change and should have it posted in a few days to see if it is approved. It combines the legends into one legend at the bottom and opens up the map. It will also help me incorporate a facade of the Alamo into the title. If you want me to post what I have before it is finished let me know.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Absolutely don't post before Your finished,, An artist doesn't show his canvass until he''s ready too,, And as a fan of the Alamo map, I await patiently for the release of it '')
Major MagnusGreeol

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby generalhead on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:28 am

Seeking to see which version is liked better.
Plus how the new figures look?
Original map
Click image to enlarge.

Combined legend map
The reason for this request is because this layout opens the board up and only gives you one place to look for the instructions
I know the glows need worked on and the items in the legend need aligned, but I wanted to see if
this version is liked better before I go too far with it.
Click image to enlarge.

Test
Click image to enlarge.

Test
Click image to enlarge.

test
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by generalhead on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
Sergeant generalhead

Re: Alamo map 10/17 (pg 22) board layout change vote

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:50 pm

GH, this will take a bit longer than a little bit of time to really look at. You have changed the dynamics of the game play a bit. Let mew look into it tomorrow with a fresh head, speak to ian about it and see if we can OK the new layout without too much fuss.

From my opinion, it has not been too dramatic though and the ability to include the façade of the Alamo will negate any problems.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby generalhead on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:00 pm

koontz1973 wrote:GH, this will take a bit longer than a little bit of time to really look at. You have changed the dynamics of the game play a bit. Let mew look into it tomorrow with a fresh head, speak to ian about it and see if we can OK the new layout without too much fuss.

From my opinion, it has not been too dramatic though and the ability to include the façade of the Alamo will negate any problems.

Thanks koontz. I can wait on the approval, I was just wondering if you liked it better?
Sergeant generalhead

Postby DearCyrus on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:05 pm

I love the new layout!
Corporal DearCyrus

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:47 pm

generalhead wrote:Thanks koontz. I can wait on the approval, I was just wondering if you liked it better?

It is better and would be worth keeping.

Postby generalhead on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 am

DearCyrus wrote:I love the new layout!

koontz1973 wrote:It is better and would be worth keeping.

Awesome, thank you.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:19 pm

DearCyrus wrote:I love the new layout!

+1
koontz1973 wrote:It is better and would be worth keeping.

+1
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby generalhead on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:44 am

Changed the Alamo facade, Alamo text, Legend background, Bump.
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant generalhead

Re: Alamo map 10/27 (pg 23)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:51 am

That is a lot better. Also not going to remove the stamp so all is good to carry on with graphics. Makethe title part of the facing. Remove remember and go with alamo only for the map.

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:23 am

A couple of things that jump out right now:

1. This is more game-play, but Ceza looks like it can also attack Smith. Draw in a border so that it doesn't look like it does.
2. Along the left side, it looks like you don't have a layer positioned correctly, if so it needs to be moved to the left a few pixels.

That's it for now!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby generalhead on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 am

koontz1973 wrote:That is a lot better. Also not going to remove the stamp so all is good to carry on with graphics. Makethe title part of the facing. Remove remember and go with alamo only for the map.

I removed the remember the part but I don't understand what you mean by making the title part of the facing. If you could elaborate that would
be awesome. I tried a few other textures in this version for the legend.

The bevel on the facade covered up some of the letters in the legend. The bottom of the bevel needs to be fixed also. I will fix that next version
if it stays.
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by generalhead on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:40 am

Use the wood effect you have now but make it a lot smaller so it looks like the name above the door.

Postby generalhead on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 am

koontz1973 wrote:Use the wood effect you have now but make it a lot smaller so it looks like the name above the door.

10-4 buddy, thanks.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby generalhead on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:55 am

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 pm

What happened here then? Have you been smoking too much wacko tobacco?

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box