CURRENT UPDATE INFO - 2012-11-28
Thanks Nolefan for the great info. I tried to make as many changes as I could.
- Updated bonus numbers according to Nolefan's feedback.
Zebulon -- something doesn't sit right with me that 1 territory can yield a +2 bonus. I also don't like that it is the only way to get into Asher from the Warzone because of the river. So you have the tough decision of either keeping the starting neutral low to allow easy access into Asher but making it too easy to take, or keeping the neutral high to make it harder to take, but then reducing movement into Asher. What do you think?
- Personally I don't think the movement into Asher is really reduced. Players are still only 1 tert away from that region, it's just once they take Rimmon they get a bonus. This makes for a strategy decision of moving more guys into Asher or leaving a large number to protect the bonus. The bonus, as pointed out, can then be attacked by the War Zone, which makes it pretty hard to hold, but so are the Swords and Sling Shots. Which is why Zebulun can not be more than those weapons. I would like to keep it the way it is, unless there is strong opposition or we get into Beta play and there is negative feedback.
- Added a bridge from Jerusalem to Beth-nimrah
Benjamin at +3 is way too high. This should be a +1 at most, maybe a +2 if you remove the impassable between Jerusalem and the Warzone. And a starting neutral will need to be placed here.
- I lowered Benjamin to a +1, but with the addition of the bridge from Jerusalem, it can now be attacked by 4 terts. I think it should prob go up to +2 instead. Thoughts?
- Added the capital Edrei to the Eastern War Zone.
- Adjusted the Capital Bonus from +2 for 3 to +2 for 4
The capital bonus also has me a little worried as well. They will all need to start as neutral to prevent bonus dropping, which takes care of the starting neutral issue for the smaller continents. How strongly do you feel about leaving that bonus in? Are you ok with reducing it somewhat (maybe +2 for 4 or something like that)?
- Are making the capitals starting neutral a must? Personally I think leaving them as possible starting positions brings them into play more. If they all start neutral I don't think anyone would purposefully take them to achieve the bonus, but rather would take them only to move around the map if need be. Instead, would it be better to make it a rather low bonus, something like +1 for 4?
- Updated all borders and glows to fit within my background image.
Need to do:
- Finish adding drop shadows to all icons.
- Finalize colors and post colorblind versions.CURRENT MAP VERSION
:v9.0 - Large (840x800)