Neutral Auto-Deploy

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby Seamus76 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Question: Can you have a neutral region, that with every players turn (or top of the round) receives a neutral auto-deploy? Then once it is conquered the player receives a normal auto-deploy, etc.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain Seamus76
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Medals: 106
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (31) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (5)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby Gilligan on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Seamus76 wrote:Question: Can you have a neutral region, that with every players turn (or top of the round) receives a neutral auto-deploy? Then once it is conquered the player receives a normal auto-deploy, etc.


No, not possible.
Image
User avatar
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby jonofperu on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:04 am

It would be cool to have that feature though!
Image
User avatar
Brigadier jonofperu
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:57 am
Location: Peru
Medals: 73
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (14) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby Gilligan on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah, it would. Give some objectives a neutral autodeploy that become harder and harder to take as time goes on.
Image
User avatar
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby zimmah on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm

Actually this is possible now.

If you need a map with this feature i could do the XML for you.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 am

This is now done via transformations. The transformations for the neutral auto deploy and or decay and normal bonus systems for the auto deploy.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 am

koontz1973 wrote:This is now done via transformations. The transformations for the neutral auto deploy and or decay and normal bonus systems for the auto deploy.

Please link to where it is described.
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3963
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby zimmah on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:11 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:This is now done via transformations. The transformations for the neutral auto deploy and or decay and normal bonus systems for the auto deploy.

Please link to where it is described.


link
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Neutral Auto-Deploy

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:52 pm

zimmah wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:This is now done via transformations. The transformations for the neutral auto deploy and or decay and normal bonus systems for the auto deploy.

Please link to where it is described.


link


I've recently edited that post since bigWham has done a few changes! :D

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)


Return to Foundry Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login