Conquer Club

Map makers

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:09 pm

The inner depths of my soul dislikes the Indochina map. I can't stand it the way it currently is. Seems rather under par and unfinished. It has a chance to be a fun and playable map, but not in its current state.

The Middle East map is also another personal gripe of mine, it doesn't seem to mesh at all, and looks like it was created in about an hour and 10 minutes. I think a revamped version would be splendid; I know a few reworkings of maps are currently being developed.

The Germany map does seem a little 'bubbly', thouh I think it currently is much more playable than the Indochina map. All maps are a work in progress, I suspect many versions will be created of the current map selection.

It seems there is such haste to create a map and get it out there for people to play on. As this is nice, it doesn't seem very logical. I think a lot more time must be spent on many of the maps out there and of the maps currently being developed. Your first rough draft probably isn't going to be close to finished, though many seem to think only minor changes then are needed.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Return to Foundry Discussions