Conquer Club

CAN ARMY NUMBERS BE 100% CENTERED?

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you think that army numbers can be 100% centered in army shadow circle

Total votes : 0

CAN ARMY NUMBERS BE 100% CENTERED?

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:22 am

My answer its no, but maybe some have solution for these.
Now i here pictures with circles and number 1.
You can see that original numbers 1 hold 7px horisontal and 12 px vertical, and all circles must have equal number px vertical and horisontal.
If you have solution for these problem i want to hear.

NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby caspertk on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:50 am

where is option D 'not important enough'

don't mean to be a dick, but how relevant is it when it's 1 pixle off-center
Lieutenant caspertk

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 am

caspertk wrote
where is option D 'not important enough'

don't mean to be a dick, but how relevant is it when it's 1 pixle off-center

You complete right, i will definitle vote for these, but there have people who these wery wery import to be strictly 100% centralised.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: CAN ARMY NUMBERS BE 100% CENTERED?

Postby AndrewB on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:56 am

qwert wrote:My answer its no, but maybe some have solution for these.
Now i here pictures with circles and number 1.
You can see that original numbers 1 hold 7px horisontal and 12 px vertical, and all circles must have equal number px vertical and horisontal.
If you have solution for these problem i want to hear.

How about:

Select your circle size to make sure that it is centered horizontally (odd number, for example circle size 25). If you do that then vertically you will be off 1 pixel from the center. Just make sure it is the same in every country, either one pixel up or 1 pixel down.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:02 pm

AndrewB wrote
How about:
Select your circle size to make sure that it is centered horizontally (odd number, for example circle size 25). If you do that then vertically you will be off 1 pixel from the center. Just make sure it is the same in every country, either one pixel up or 1 pixel down.

No these not problem with circle, original army numbers its not same dimension. If i put like you say then i will apply for these number becouse he got 7px, but number 2,3 ,4, have 8px.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:13 pm

Over here in Europe they cannot be centered but they can be centred! ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:13 pm

Dont understand what you mean Ruben?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby onbekende on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:33 pm

aaah, those circles seem to float, AAAAAH

I don't mind as long as I can read the numbrs
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby Ruben Cassar on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:44 pm

Qwert I was just joking. :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Teya on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Keyogi figured out why your numbers aren't centered. You dont need to be making stupid polls like this.
Your army circles are not the same size. FIX THEM
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Teya wrote
Keyogi figured out why your numbers aren't centered. You dont need to be making stupid polls like this.
Your army circles are not the same size. FIX THEM

Why you insult me? These not stupid polls. If somebody say that these not right, and dont show just say can you belive hem?
You ar stupid or just pretend to be stupid, becouse every smart person will understand whene you have numbers with even and odd horisontal value can not be share though circle have 25x25 or 24x25 or 23x24, or some diferent value of circle.
If i must write you in matematic formula to understand these i will teach you do calculate.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teya on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:28 pm

I insulted this poll, not you.
Why dont I make 1
Should army shadows on a map all be the same size?

Keyogi wrote in your thread that if you fix the circles so they are all the same size the problem will be solved.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:35 pm

No, if you want to listen you will understand that only when circle and army numbers same vertical and horisontal value, then numbers can be 100% centralised, its wery simple, but i can not change numbers to be equal.
Example: when all circle 24x24px and where all numbers 8x12px.
Now we have numbers with 2 diferent value 12x8px and 12x7px, and if you change circle to be 24x24 or 24x25 you never can modulate if you change only 1 side.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Qwert just go back to your map thread. It doesn't matter if numbers can be 100% centred. Some of yours really aren't anywhere near 100%. Just work on those. Its obvious to me and everyone else. No-one is going to mind 0.01px off centre but some of yours are noticably off.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Wisse on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:44 pm

i don't mind if they are exactly in the middle, they just may not reach the border of the army shadow
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Teya on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:44 pm

qwert wrote:No, if you want to listen you will understand that only when circle and army numbers same vertical and horisontal value, then numbers can be 100% centralised, its wery simple, but i can not change numbers to be equal.
Now we have numbers with 2 diferent value 12x8px and 12x7px, and if you change circle to be 24x24 or 24x25 you never can modulate if you change only 1 side.

I dont think YOU understand. You claim ALL your circles are the same - 24x24 They aren't. If you fix that you should be fine.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Wisse on Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Teya wrote:
qwert wrote:No, if you want to listen you will understand that only when circle and army numbers same vertical and horisontal value, then numbers can be 100% centralised, its wery simple, but i can not change numbers to be equal.

I dont think YOU understand. You claim ALL your circles are the same - 24x24 They aren't. If you fix that you should be fine.

you must first read... its a example, look before you speak ;)
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:23 pm

As long as all the numbers are based off the same central point and all the army shadows are same size it should look right.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Teya on Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:33 pm

Wisse wrote:
Teya wrote:

Yeah, thats fine. But he is using this "example" as an excuse not to do the work on his army shadows to fix a very simple problem. As usual, HE is prolonging his map making process. His map should have been finished weeks ago but simple things seem hard for qwert to do.

As Keyogi said. If numbers are based off the same central point it should be fine. But if that central point can't be the same because army shadows are different sizes, you are just going to go back and forth with the argument that the numbers aren't central. The argument has already gone on for a few pages. Now that a solution has been found it will be interesting to see how long it takes to fix.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby Wisse on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:04 pm

Teya wrote:
Wisse wrote:
Teya wrote:

Yeah, thats fine. But he is using this "example" as an excuse not to do the work on his army shadows to fix a very simple problem. As usual, HE is prolonging his map making process. His map should have been finished weeks ago but simple things seem hard for qwert to do.

As Keyogi said. If numbers are based off the same central point it should be fine. But if that central point can't be the same because army shadows are different sizes, you are just going to go back and forth with the argument that the numbers aren't central. The argument has already gone on for a few pages. Now that a solution has been found it will be interesting to see how long it takes to fix.

don't be to hard on qwert, i thought he was stupid too in the beginning but you need to know him longer than that ;)
hes doing the best he can :)
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Teya on Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:24 pm

I dont see that I am being too hard on him. All Im saying is he could make simple easy changes that would take 10 minutes and the number situation would be fixed.
At the moment, Its the only thing I can see holding the map back.
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:30 pm

Of course Qwert, it won't be perfect. But it can be done near perfectly with effort and time. It is an important part of the map creation. You just can't skip over parts you'd rather not do! :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:06 am

AndyDufresne wrote
Of course Qwert, it won't be perfect. But it can be done near perfectly with effort and time. It is an important part of the map creation. You just can't skip over parts you'd rather not do!

--Andy

Its you anwer no its not posible to army numbers be 100% centralised?
Sound like that.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:06 pm

:arrow:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby bedplay on Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:28 pm

qwert stop bumping this thread and stop pissing everyone off.

we know youve spent ages, and we know your mad at andy for not commenting, but hes only commented on my map once, do i care? no, because I know, like me he has a life to live.

I know armies can never be 100% central, but if you make every army coordinate in the centre of a 25 di circle they will look centralised, and you can tell anyone else to f*ck off.

the trouble is, your army circles need to be all the same, and some of your numbers and truly centred, in the middle of the circle.

put a 1 in every circle, until every single 1 is in the same place, then try it again with random numbers, it will look fine!

Just stop argueing and get your goddamn map finished!!!
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur
Private 1st Class bedplay

Return to Foundry Discussions