Conquer Club

Borders

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Borders

Postby mikeyjay on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:19 pm

I am used to playing the classic version of the game, where borders/paths to the various countries are very well defined. In some of the "non-traditional" maps (at least for me), discerning where you can/can't attack to and from is not as easy. FOr example, in the Asia map, can Tibet conquer Nepal or vice versa?

Maybe clearer definitions on the maps would help
Private mikeyjay

Postby onbekende on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:49 am

We try to make maps as readable as possible, in that case no, there is a inpassable border that prevents it
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby ZawBanjito on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:19 am

Generally on the maps here if there is something other than a thin black line (or a drawn line... or sometimes, bridges... and stuff) between the countries, there's no border. Mountains, rivers, barbed wire, random thicker lines... the borders are designed to fit the map theme, so there's no common one.

Everyone gets a little surprised by something the first time they play a new map. Just have to play them over and over, and then laugh evilly when someone else makes the same mistake.
Colonel ZawBanjito

Postby Guiscard on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:48 am

I find its best just to ask in game chat. Usually at least one of the other players will know what's going on and they're not going to lie to help their game (unless they're very unsporting).
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby cleveridea on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:53 pm

I'm new to Conquer Club and I can say:

ZawBanjito wrote:Everyone gets a little surprised by something the first time they play a new map.

Done.

ZawBanjito wrote:...then laugh evilly when someone else makes the same mistake.

And done.
Corporal 1st Class cleveridea

Return to Foundry Discussions