Conquer Club

Map Facelift

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Map Facelift

Postby DiM on Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:31 am

there are a lot of great graphic designers around but in the game there are some really ugly maps. why don't people talk to the original designers and improve the graphics. i'm not giving any map names because we all them. :wink:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Map Facelift

Postby Wisse on Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:33 am

DiM wrote:there are a lot of great graphic designers around but in the game there are some really ugly maps. why don't people talk to the original designers and improve the graphics. i'm not giving any map names because we all them. :wink:

look to the revamp of the middle east map of keyogie, and if you meant the brazil map too, ask marvadin he is still playing
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby RjBeals on Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:47 am

I actually like the brazil map. It's one of my fav's. Clean & Simple, clear borders & fun to play.
Private RjBeals

Postby DiM on Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:54 am

there's brazil and there's also montreal.
great maps with poor graphiscs
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Wisse on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:00 am

DiM wrote:there's brazil and there's also montreal.

read what i did say about the brazil map...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby DiM on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:23 am

Wisse wrote:
DiM wrote:there's brazil and there's also montreal.

read what i did say about the brazil map...

yes i read but i also mentioned montreal. this one probably has the worts graphics and it a really nice map :(
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:47 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10202

I suggested the same thing a while ago. I think a lot of maps could use some minor improvements, while some really need a big overhaul. It seemed most people were happy with the maps as they are.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby DiM on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:58 pm

you're a good map maker, why don't you contact the original map designers and propose them to improve the graphics. :P
it would be great.
Major DiM

Re: Map Facelift

Postby Balsiefen on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:59 pm

Wisse wrote:
DiM wrote:there are a lot of great graphic designers around but in the game there are some really ugly maps. why don't people talk to the original designers and improve the graphics. i'm not giving any map names because we all them. :wink:

look to the revamp of the middle east map of keyogie, and if you meant the brazil map too, ask marvadin he is still playing
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Return to Foundry Discussions