Conquer Club

We want you!

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: We want you!

Postby DiM on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:10 pm

i hate to bitch about this but it's been 2-3 weeks since we got the new FAs that were supposed to help Industrial Helix run the drafting room and yet nothing is happening.
Helix has 3 posts in the last 18 days, last one being 11 days ago.
bisonking has absolutely ZERO official posts in the drafting room since he was named FA.
and ironsij, except for the posts in his quad cities map thread has ZERO posts in any other parts of the foundry in the last 6 weeks.

i thought getting more FAs was supposed to speed things up, help the drafting room develop.
i thought we needed more officials in order to provide an adequate environment for new mapmakers. to make them feel welcome in the foundry, to guide them and help them develop their maps.
the nobodies, who's supposed to be more of a supervisor actually posted much much more than the above 3 combined.
so i ask again, why do we have a CA and 2 FAs in the drafting room?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 pm

You're right.
But for some serious RL reasons, that I'm not going to explain here, Helix won't be back before September, i think.
When we planned the FA addition, Helix was supposed to be the trainer, but considering his absence things are going a bit more slow than the original plan.

That's the main reason I'm currently following the DR more than usually.
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
But don't worry I promise you to find at least a temporary solution by the end of the current week. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 pm

I hope that's that result of good things; I'd hate if anything bad happened to Helix :(

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby gimil on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:08 am

Hope everything is alright with Helix.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:16 am

i might be wrong but i seem to remember that a long time ago CAs had a thread where they would announce when they go on vacation or become unavailable so that people knew they needed to contact somebody else in case there was a problem.
maybe something similar could be done now.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 am

DiM wrote:i might be wrong but i seem to remember that a long time ago CAs had a thread where they would announce when they go on vacation or become unavailable so that people knew they needed to contact somebody else in case there was a problem.

We do, but in Helix's case , a RL situation came up that landed him in the hospital for a while (which I also won't get into details). And he did contact me of FB apprising me of the situation once he was able to. So please have patience, as RL affects all of us at times.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:50 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
DiM wrote:i might be wrong but i seem to remember that a long time ago CAs had a thread where they would announce when they go on vacation or become unavailable so that people knew they needed to contact somebody else in case there was a problem.

We do, but in Helix's case , a RL situation came up that landed him in the hospital for a while (which I also won't get into details). And he did contact me of FB apprising me of the situation once he was able to. So please have patience, as RL affects all of us at times.

:shock: :( That doesn't sound good... :( I hope things get better for him...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby jcarter1 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself:

My name is Dennis - username: jcarter1 - and I am very interested in helping in the map making process. I am a german computer scientist, working with the US government in the Washington D.C area. I am very familiar with XML, which is probably the area I could be most useful in for you. I am not a strong graphic designer, hence I am looking for someone with exactly opposed strengths (strong in graphics, maybe weak or non existent XML knowledge). What would you guys suggest I do in order to find such a person here? I am still relatively new on this site, so I do not have many contacts yet.

Thanks for your help in advance. Hopefully someone can point me into a good direction.

Also: Hope everything is ok with Helix!
Major jcarter1
SoC Training Adviser

Postby natty dread on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:10 am

I'd like to offer my help in XML checking. I could probably check at least a couple of XML:s per week.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 am

If someone else is interested in helping with the Foundry, please send me a PM --> thenobodies80

Thanks
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions