Conquer Club

World 2.1 REVAMP?

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: World 2.1 REVAMP?

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Many moons ago, i recall being asked to examine this map for a revamp, but because of size restrictions it was impossible.
I think that with new sizing limits it certainly could do with enlargement, but still retain the same colours, style.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:07 pm

If its not broken, don't fix it. There are other maps that need revamping. WWII Europe comes to mind but not 2.1. When someone joins CC plays 2.1 then plays on newer maps, they can gain a feel for how far CC has come along on the map making process and quality of maps.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby MrBenn on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 pm

If I remember correctly, the original map was drawn in vector graphics, so should be able to be upsized with ease.... All we need is somebody to trawl the original thread to see if the vector files are still available...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 pm

DiM wrote:i agree with both of you even if i'm not a big fan of revamps. to be honest i'd be ok with world 2.1 getting just a simple straight forward resize.

didn't you have a world 3.0 somewhere back in the day?
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:
DiM wrote:i agree with both of you even if i'm not a big fan of revamps. to be honest i'd be ok with world 2.1 getting just a simple straight forward resize.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=25870&start=0
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:54 pm

DiM wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:

hm, maybe I was thinking of one by WM (probably, but not sure) where the map was a shit load of squares in a rectangular frame, but it was colored like the world map.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:03 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Anyone want to do this? Though I foresee a problem with the Copyright agreement. Someone will have to claim the copyright on it.

I'm down for this.
That's if you want my help, sir.
Don't hurt me.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:
DiM wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:

hm, maybe I was thinking of one by WM (probably, but not sure) where the map was a shit load of squares in a rectangular frame, but it was colored like the world map.

i think you're talking about pixel world http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24298
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby ender516 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 pm

I would only be in favour of a revamp if the site decided to support three map sizes instead of two, with the new one being larger than the existing large. World 2.1 is big enough now.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Unit_2 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't think the map needs much of a revamp, it just needs to be bigger so you can tell what you'r attacking. Europe and the Middle east, Central America as well, are hard to tell.
Corporal 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Return to Foundry Discussions