Negative Comments

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Negative Comments

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:14 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
gimil wrote:I am another one guilty of not always saying what I think in a map thread. Many times I find myself in a map thread with a long list of issues but struggle to actually say what I want to say. I don't tend to have a problem with what people think of me after I leave negative feedback on a map, because I always make sure what I say is constructive and honest. But does anyone else ever write half a page of feedback then for no constructive reason, do not feel like it is worth posting?

It happens to me sometimes, I'll admit. I know what you mean.

-Sully

Yeah, sometimes I make an effort not to do it. But sometimes I don't. Like just now I wrote 2 paragraphs on a map and decided it wasn't worth posting :-$
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:19 am

gimil wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
gimil wrote:I am another one guilty of not always saying what I think in a map thread. Many times I find myself in a map thread with a long list of issues but struggle to actually say what I want to say. I don't tend to have a problem with what people think of me after I leave negative feedback on a map, because I always make sure what I say is constructive and honest. But does anyone else ever write half a page of feedback then for no constructive reason, do not feel like it is worth posting?

-Sully

Yeah, sometimes I make an effort not to do it. But sometimes I don't. Like just now I wrote 2 paragraphs on a map and decided it wasn't worth posting :-$

:-s :-k

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:04 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
gimil wrote:But does anyone else ever write half a page of feedback then for no constructive reason, do not feel like it is worth posting?

uuuu.. i just feel like smacking both in the back of your heads. why in the world would you guys do that?
it's like hooking up with a woman, flirting with her all night, kissing her, caressing her, getting all her clothes off, then leaving the room and going to play WoW. :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:49 pm

DiM wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
gimil wrote:But does anyone else ever write half a page of feedback then for no constructive reason, do not feel like it is worth posting?

uuuu.. i just feel like smacking both in the back of your heads. why in the world would you guys do that?
it's like hooking up with a woman, flirting with her all night, kissing her, caressing her, getting all her clothes off, then leaving the room and going to play WoW. :lol:

So what you are telling me, is that giving negative comments on CC, is sort of like playing with girls. :-|

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't get aroused in the build up to pushing the 'post' button. :P

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:56 pm

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

So what you are telling me, is that giving negative comments on CC, is sort of like playing with girls. :-|

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't get aroused in the build up to pushing the 'post' button. :P

when i post in the foundry i always do it naked. i'm not the only one am i? 8-[
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:04 pm

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

Not usually, but if your passionate about it, it would be criminal not to try!

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby natty dread on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:34 am

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

I post everywhere naked.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions