What type of bonuses are possible?

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What type of bonuses are possible?

Postby Gillipig on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 am

I have some questions regarding what type of bonuses are possible to create.
1) Is it possible to wire it in a way that you lose a bonus if in addition to that bonus you hold a certain region?
2) And (is it possible) to lose a bonus if another certain bonus (multi region bonus) is held?
3) Is it possible to create a bonus that removes a negative bonus? Ex, hold region "a" to get rid of negative bonus aquired through holding region "b" and "c".
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: What type of bonuses are possible?

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 am

yes yes and yes.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby Gillipig on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 am

Great, didn't expect all of that to be possible since I can't think of any map where either has been done.
Okay, so now I know the map I've been planning in my head can actually be done.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:10 pm

I belive you guys mis-understand each other. I belive Gillipig meant "is it possible to nuke yourself if you hold a bonus and a certain region", so you lose your bonus if you hold that region. This probably applies to his other questions. (An example on Classic map: if you hold whole Australia bonus and London... on your turn, Australia gets wiped if you hold London by the start of a turn)
Colonel dakky21

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (20) Clan Achievement (28) Challenge Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 am

dakky21 wrote:I belive you guys mis-understand each other. I belive Gillipig meant "is it possible to nuke yourself if you hold a bonus and a certain region", so you lose your bonus if you hold that region. This probably applies to his other questions. (An example on Classic map: if you hold whole Australia bonus and London... on your turn, Australia gets wiped if you hold London by the start of a turn)

I honestly don't see how what I wrote could be interpreted that way. I didn't have nuclear spoils in mind, I was thinking of bonuses.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Foundry Discussions