Conquer Club

Hard to read

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Hard to read

Postby Agonizer on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:42 am

I am new here and enjoying the game very much but I have some problems. I hate to complain and Im not asking to change everything just for me but Im hoping maybe there is something I can do to help myself.

1. I am having a hard time determining which countries are mine especially when they are pink and yellow. I was thinking maybe changing the color of the number ring so it contrasts more.

2. Most of the time I cannot see where the countries connect or where the routes connect them. Western Europe is really hard for me. Could there be some way to perhaps open a pop-up windowfor the map to better expand the map. It doesnt have to be the map being played just large and scrollable.

I guess Im going color blind and cant tell where all my territories are but a location to hold larger maps would be great.

Thanks
Private Agonizer

Postby edocsil on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:54 am

get BOB there is a color blind thing that helps http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15149
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby RjBeals on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:55 am

You need to be using Firefox (not internet explorer) for the addon script to work. You'll be very happy once you see the benefits. :)
Private RjBeals

Postby edocsil on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:01 am

ehh, ya forgot not every1 uses firefox
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Agonizer on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:58 pm

I pulled it up using Firefox and it looks the same in both browsers and Im looking at the large map. I dont know anything about an addon for either browser and Im not sure about all that scripting since I wont know what Im doing.
I just wish the colors were more contrast and not have colors like yellow and pink, they are so hard to see hear and Im not color-blind. Bigger maps would do a lot of good though. I could print it out to have beside me so I can know which routes are available. Oh well, guess I gotta try my best anyways if I like the game.
Private Agonizer

Postby hecter on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:06 pm

To get the script that he told you to get, you must first get greasemonkey by pressing the big green button on this page.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby sully800 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:04 pm

You're not colorblind but you can't see the yellow and pink? Those are often the easiest colors to see!

Anyway, as others said, get greasemonkey from hecter's link (which is a fireflox add on) then get BOB which is a script that will run through greasemonkey. It will make your world a whole lot better for all of the problems you are having.
Major sully800

Return to Foundry Discussions