Conquer Club

Two day break. [Back]

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Two day break. [Back]

Postby Coleman on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm going to be gone from foundry stuff for 2 days. I'll still play my games and work my tournaments and maybe suggest stuff for you behind the scenes, but I can't do this right now. I don't know where Andy is... It's just too much for me today.

Sorry everyone. Thought it was only right to let you know.
Last edited by Coleman on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Re: Two day break.

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Coleman wrote:I'm going to be gone from foundry stuff for 2 days. I'll still play my games and work my tournaments and maybe suggest stuff for you behind the scenes, but I can't do this right now. I don't know where Andy is... It's just too much for me today.

EESK - The end is nigh... the mighty Coleman is leaving us - Oh Noes!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: Two day break.

Postby militant on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Coleman wrote:I'm going to be gone from foundry stuff for 2 days. I'll still play my games and work my tournaments and maybe suggest stuff for you behind the scenes, but I can't do this right now. I don't know where Andy is... It's just too much for me today.

Have a nice break coleman
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby cena-rules on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:03 pm

*hides in a corner fearing the apocalypse*
19:41:22 ā€¹jakewilliamsā€ŗ I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Kaplowitz on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Coleman im dedicating my new sig to you!

Coleman wrote:We like to be really free with what you guys can do. It usually helps the progress... As of late it hasn't been so much, and I haven't really helped as much as I could have and may have caused some of it.

We need to be really careful not to insult each other during the map making progress. It really needs to stop. I've already apologized to cairnswk for my part and I hope he still accepts that apology. I know some of you have yet to apologize to the targets of your angst but I highly recommend it.

Anyway, like I said, we need to be careful, no more getting mad if updates are taking longer then you might like, no calling people retards, no accusing people of rigging polls. No more please.

I'm still going to not be doing much for a short while (2 days at least) but please keep this stuff in mind during my absence. For the most part mod squad will be taking care of you until we hear from Andy again. I trust their judgment with the general moderation. For production issues, you're in each other's hands.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby Kaplowitz on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:17 pm

Do you like it?! :P

Coleman wrote:We like to be really free with what you guys can do. It usually helps the progress... As of late it hasn't been so much, and I haven't really helped as much as I could have and may have caused some of it.

We need to be really careful not to insult each other during the map making progress. It really needs to stop. I've already apologized to cairnswk for my part and I hope he still accepts that apology. I know some of you have yet to apologize to the targets of your angst but I highly recommend it.

Anyway, like I said, we need to be careful, no more getting mad if updates are taking longer then you might like, no calling people retards, no accusing people of rigging polls. No more please.

I'm still going to not be doing much for a short while (2 days at least) but please keep this stuff in mind during my absence. For the most part mod squad will be taking care of you until we hear from Andy again. I trust their judgment with the general moderation. For production issues, you're in each other's hands.

Postby Coleman on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:Do you like it?! :P

I guarantee if you really made that your signature you are going to have a moderator tel you it's too big.

But I appreciate your support.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 pm

And bam sig restriction comes down on you :lol:

but on a serious note:

We like to be really free with what you guys can do. It usually helps the progress... As of late it hasn't been so much, and I haven't really helped as much as I could have and may have caused some of it.

This is true, the foundry has been suffering lately from a lack of respect wih people saying unacceptable things, reacting before thinking and people who dont have patience for hte system to work in their favour.

We are all here with the same general goal, but alot of the time we become to selfish and inconsiderate.

Outside the foundry we dont have a very good name and we are all to blame of this, guys you all need to understand that things HAVE to change around here.

So everyone whats it going to be? Play together or not at all?
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby JACKAZZTJM on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:37 pm

what the hell is this guys saying so he's taking a break from cc why does anyone care? im not tryin to be rude i just dont understand
Corporal 1st Class JACKAZZTJM

Postby edbeard on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:39 pm

I think things definitely need to change, but I don't think the foundry will ever have a good name no matter what we do. But, it'd still be nice to only have a 'bad' name because they don't like the maps we produce.

People will be mad that their ideas and feedback do not change the map. There are a wide range of opinions out there. No matter what maps come out, the majority of people will not like them. People have different ideas as to what games they want to play. Some games get a lot of play, but that does not necessarily reflect the majority of players.

At the least we can be civil and try to encourage people to post. I hate single word or line posts as much as the next guy, but I'm going to try to encourage more posts by not being curt. Possibly we can do this by just responding to these posts and letting them know we read what you had to say and want to hear more from you in the future.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Coleman on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm

JACKAZZTJM wrote:what the hell is this guys saying so he's taking a break from cc why does anyone care? im not tryin to be rude i just dont understand
No worries. Most people don't care, but as I usually mod this place I figured they should know not to ask me for things until I get back.

If you guys need poll deletion or something someone in mod squad can probably help you. Be sure to let them know we usually copy paste poll results into a post when we do that.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:41 pm

JACKAZZTJM wrote:what the hell is this guys saying so he's taking a break from cc why does anyone care? im not tryin to be rude i just dont understand

He taking a break from the foundry, and being the foundry mod thats pritty relevent and people care . . .

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby mibi on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:03 pm

you'll be back.
Captain mibi

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:04 pm

mibi wrote:you'll be back.

In 2 day's, like he said :wink:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby RjBeals on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm sure you need a break Coleman. I'm surprised you lasted this long. Look at Andy - he takes breaks!
Private RjBeals

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:18 pm

RjBeals wrote:I'm sure you need a break Coleman. I'm surprised you lasted this long. Look at Andy - he takes breaks!

He had a funny time with his internet connection, hes all better and back on track now :wink:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Indeed...I'm all better now. My internet is working. Glad to hear we didn't start Nuclear war in my absence (or did we?). ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Indeed...I'm all better now. My internet is working. Glad to hear we didn't start Nuclear war in my absence (or did we?). ;)

--Andy

was very well close, fortunatly its only a flesh wound :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:29 pm

gimil wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Indeed...I'm all better now. My internet is working. Glad to hear we didn't start Nuclear war in my absence (or did we?). ;)

--Andy

And some bruised egos!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:29 pm

yeti_c wrote:
gimil wrote:

--Andy

And some bruised egos!!

C.

and signoff theft!!!

C.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby RjBeals on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Don't let Wicked get you down. As much as her avatar is intimidating, I don't think it's really her :wink:
Private RjBeals

Postby yeti_c on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 pm

gimil wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
gimil wrote:

--Andy

And some bruised egos!!

C.

and signoff theft!!!

C.

GRRRRRRRRRR

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:41 pm

RjBeals wrote:Don't let Wicked get you down. As much as her avatar is intimidating, I don't think it's really her :wink:

We just need to all learn to play nice.
Last edited by gimil on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Kaplowitz on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Coleman wrote:
Kaplowitz wrote:Do you like it?! :P

I guarantee if you really made that your signature you are going to have a moderator tel you it's too big.

But I appreciate your support.

lol, Twill sent me a warning!

Postby fireedud on Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:45 pm

Coleman wrote:
No worries. Most people don't care, but as I usually mod this place I figured they should know not to ask me for things until I get back.

If you guys need poll deletion or something someone in mod squad can probably help you. Be sure to let them know we usually copy paste poll results into a post when we do that.

don'y worry, I care. :wink:
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Next

Return to Foundry Discussions