The Foundry Newsletter: 10th Issue

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Foundry Newsletter: 10th Issue

Postby TaCktiX on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 pm

It's not at the end of the newsletter at all. I ask for it in the middle of the SECOND PARAGRAPH, and give two links right there to my profile for ease of PMing. I think you're trying to say that everyone's Theory X about submitting things to the Newsletter, which really sucks for the entire staff as we have to beg and plead for any content beyond what we write ourselves.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

Postby yeti_c on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:35 pm

TaCktiX wrote:It's not at the end of the newsletter at all. I ask for it in the middle of the SECOND PARAGRAPH, and give two links right there to my profile for ease of PMing. I think you're trying to say that everyone's Theory X about submitting things to the Newsletter, which really sucks for the entire staff as we have to beg and plead for any content beyond what we write ourselves.

Wow - and all I'm trying to do is help - and you're getting defensive & aggressive - perhaps that isn't helping your cause?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby TaCktiX on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm venting pent-up frustration from doing this for 11 issues and at the least 22 weeks (it's longer than that), and running into the same problems 99% of the time.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:54 pm

TaCktiX wrote:I'm venting pent-up frustration from doing this for 11 issues and at the least 22 weeks (it's longer than that), and running into the same problems 99% of the time.

I'm assuming that's a half apology...

So - The guys over in Tourneys often send a PM out to people to see if they want to provide some time/interview etc... perhaps you could try that?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby TaCktiX on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:07 pm

We do that for every issue. With exception of polls and blacky's perspective, everything has been solicited specifically thus far. We're running out of people to ask.

Postby MrBenn on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:47 am

This way to Issue 11 :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=68708
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Return to Foundry Discussions