Preliminary Reviews

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Preliminary Reviews

Postby MrBenn on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:13 pm

MrBenn wrote:lzrman's Conquer Mart Map is currently stickied as an Advanced Draft. In order to gauge public support, and to help determine whether the map is ready to advance to the main foundry, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby oaktown on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 am

i'll join your list if you join mine! :D
Captain oaktown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby MrBenn on Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:28 pm

MrBenn wrote:LED ZEPPELINER's Treasure Map is currently stickied as an Advanced Draft. In order to gauge public support, and to help determine whether or not the map is ready to advance to the main foundry, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby MrBenn on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am

MrBenn wrote:Jamaica by cairnswk, and Long Island by LED ZEPPELINER have just moved into the Main Foundry. In order to help their development, and as a measure of ongoing public support, I would be grateful for more critiques and initial reviews.
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby MrBenn on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:35 pm

MrBenn wrote:Beko the Great's First Crusade Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby LED ZEPPELINER on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 pm

MrBenn wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Jamaica by cairnswk, and Long Island by LED ZEPPELINER have just moved into the Main Foundry. In order to help their development, and as a measure of ongoing public support, I would be grateful for more critiques and initial reviews.

aren't maps usually called to priliminary review before they make it into the main foundry? and thank you
Sergeant LED ZEPPELINER

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:27 pm

LED ZEPPELINER wrote:aren't maps usually called to priliminary review before they make it into the main foundry? and thank you

Not always. Anyway this system seems to be working very well, as there is a large influx in comments on any map linked in one of these PMs.

Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby MrBenn on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

MrBenn wrote:the.killing.44's Greenland Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby ustus on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 pm

ooo! ooo!! i'm in i'm in!!! i wanna help!
Corporal ustus

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby MrBenn on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:48 am

MrBenn wrote:Pamoa's Austerlitz Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge public support, I would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:42 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:lzrman's Conquer National Bank Map and Oaktown's Route 66 Map are almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge the level of community support, the Foundry Assistants would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of these maps.
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Preliminary Reviews

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Tisha's Native America Map and sully800's World Cities Map are almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge the level of community support, the Foundry Assistants would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of these maps.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby naxus on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Could i be added?
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:17 pm

in
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby MrBenn on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm

naxus wrote:Could i be added?

whitestazn88 wrote:in

Both of you will be added to the list ;-)
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby Merker on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:50 pm

Can you add me in while your at it Benn? ;)
MrBenn wrote:On an a side-note, as a child I used to have a recurring nightmare about being chased round a supermarket by a crocodile pushing a shopping trolley and wearing an "I ♥ Shopping" t-shirt...

-----Spanish Civil War: Vacationed
Cook Merker

Medals: 1
Doubles Achievement (1)

Postby MrBenn on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:01 pm

Merker wrote:Can you add me in while your at it Benn? ;)

Yep ;-)

PS. Your signature really freaked me out... I forgot I'd written that in the Supermarket map thread! For a moment I thought you'd got inside my head or something :shock:
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby Merker on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Haha, who knows Benn, who knows?

:lol:
MrBenn wrote:On an a side-note, as a child I used to have a recurring nightmare about being chased round a supermarket by a crocodile pushing a shopping trolley and wearing an "I ♥ Shopping" t-shirt...

-----Spanish Civil War: Vacationed
Cook Merker

Medals: 1
Doubles Achievement (1)

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:36 pm

I'll be happy to help as well
[b]On Sabatacle ... Sorry [b]
Cook dolomite13
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 35
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (4)

Postby MrBenn on Sat May 02, 2009 4:25 am

dolomite13 wrote:I'll be happy to help as well

Added to the PM list....

Also:
MrBenn wrote:Dolomite13's Monsters Map is currently stickied as an Advanced Draft. In order to gauge the level of community support, and to help determine whether the map is ready to advance to the main foundry, the Foundry Assistants would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Postby TaCktiX on Wed May 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Len44's Ancient Judea Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge the level of community support, the Foundry Assistants would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

Postby TaCktiX on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:08 am

Industrial Helix's Thirteen American Colonies map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge the level of community support, the Foundry Assistants would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (6)

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Danyael's Goblin Tribes Map is almost ready to make the transition from the Drafting Room to the Main Foundry. In order to gauge the level of community support, the Foundry Assistants would be grateful for more critiques as part of the preliminary review of this map.
All PMs are autobinned.

Postby sully800 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 am

Hey, please add me to this list :)
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:14 pm

sully800 wrote:Hey, please add me to this list :)

Sure thing ;-)
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Next

Return to Foundry Discussions