The Foundry Newsletter: 21st Issue

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Foundry Newsletter: 21st Issue

Postby owenshooter on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:53 pm

TaCktiX wrote:On a slightly more downer note, we tried to feature a lot of things in a "1 year retrospective" sort of light, and on a lot of our community participating things, nobody replied.

sad, but not shocking or unbelievable... as witnessed in a thread for another newsletter, when the broader CC community was asked what was wrong with the foundry, every opinion was met with stiff resistance and a counter as to how that opinion was wrong.. and now, you read this newsletter, and it seems as if there really is something wrong with the foundry, in terms of participation. so, although this is sad, i am not at all shocked by this. and yes, i am still poking about the foundry, enjoying threads and trying to understand how it all works a little better... anyway, what a sad opener...-0
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Lieutenant owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:17 pm

sailorseal wrote:
yeti_c wrote:I assume that Inklosed didn't proofread Gimil's bit!?!?

C.

It wouldn't be a piece by gimil if he had

Uh...what? By that logic, no newspaper column is every anyone's but the editor's...that doesn't make sense.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby the.killing.44 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 am

It's a joke … gimil's spelling and grammar is notoriously bad :P

Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Return to Foundry Discussions