Map Incubator Experiment (Failed)

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Map Incubator Experiment

Postby alex951 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:29 am

alex here, i would like to help. i have alway wanted to make my own maps but just don't know how, but i would luv to help someone else achieve success.
Corporal 1st Class alex951

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Postby oaktown on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:12 am

alex951 wrote:alex here, i would like to help. i have alway wanted to make my own maps but just don't know how, but i would luv to help someone else achieve success.

Thanks alex! Unfortunately we are in the process of contacting a first group, but I've added your name to the list of volunteers who will be contacted if/when we need replacements or when we get a second team up and running.

All others are free to add your names here - we hope to get as many folks involved in this as possible.
Captain oaktown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby alex951 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:47 pm

oaktown wrote:
alex951 wrote:alex here, i would like to help. i have alway wanted to make my own maps but just don't know how, but i would luv to help someone else achieve success.

Thanks alex! Unfortunately we are in the process of contacting a first group, but I've added your name to the list of volunteers who will be contacted if/when we need replacements or when we get a second team up and running.

All others are free to add your names here - we hope to get as many folks involved in this as possible.

its all good just let me know when/if i'm needed. thank you
Corporal 1st Class alex951

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:40 pm

yo, can you show us who's on the first team? i don't wanna end up on the b-team with a bunch of scrubs if the first team is really good
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby oaktown on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:yo, can you show us who's on the first team? i don't wanna end up on the b-team with a bunch of scrubs if the first team is really good

gimil was preparing an announcement, but then he up and took off for a vacation. I'll try to post something shortly.
Captain oaktown

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:17 am

whitestazn88 wrote:yo, can you show us who's on the first team? i don't wanna end up on the b-team with a bunch of scrubs if the first team is really good

Oh dear, whitesatazn88, you don't wanna be on the B team with me. :(
I understand though what you're saying...
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby oaktown on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:30 am

Hi mapper,

Despite the recent handing in of our CA badges, the two of us haven't ended our quest to make the foundry ever better in a continually evolving Conquer Club. Recently you may have noticed our plan for a map incubator experiment. We heard from many interested parties, both foundry veterans and new faces, who took an interest in participating. Unfortunately we couldn't take everyone for this first; we tried to put together a group that had a range of experience levels, ranks, and points of view. Those of you that didn't get picked still may have a chance to play your part in the future - either to replace members who need to drop out, or in future teams.

Now without further ado, here is the very first Map Incubator Team (MIT):

1. Oaktown
    2. Gimil
    3. The.killing.44
    4. Sailorseal
    5. Lancehoch
    6. Bruceswar
    7. Lokisgal
    8. Hwhrhett
    9. S3xt0y
    10. GrimReaper.

The role of this team will be to follow a selection of map development threads within the foundry from start to finish, providing consistent and high quality feedback throughout the process. They will collectively discuss what it will take for a map to achieve its next stamp, and guide the mapmaker in that direction. The team will be working closely with the Cartography Assistants and Stampers to maintain the Foundry's high standards and expectations.

Should this initial experiment be successful we will look into expanding this experiment to involve more teams. We will also consider the possible advantages that such a team approach to mapmaking and feedback could have for the foundry at large.

So lets welcome our first incubator team!

Happy mapping,
gimil and oaktown
Captain oaktown

General Contribution (5)

Postby barterer2002 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:13 am

Oak if you're looking for B team members let me know I'm always willing to help out although I have no idea how to do any graphic stuff.
Lieutenant barterer2002

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (33) General Contribution (2)

Postby TaCktiX on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:49 pm

The question is which map is subject to the first Incubator? That's missing from the announcement in my opinion.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Medals: 36
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Japan
Flanders
Goblin Tribes
First Nations

I think I'm allowed to say that? :P
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby oaktown on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:08 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:Japan
Flanders
Goblin Tribes
First Nations

I think I'm allowed to say that? :P

Of course - I mentioned this in each of the threads, but failed to include it here. Thanks '44.
Captain oaktown

General Contribution (5)

Postby squishyg on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:34 pm

I volunteer to help incubate! I have little to no experience foundrying and am lovely and supportive to all.
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby sailorc on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:24 am

I'll do it.

I'm fairly new here but I plan on getting more involved in the foundry. I'm getting photoshop 6.0 today, maybe after I learn how to use it I could help others
Captain sailorc

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby whitestazn88 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 pm

i suppose cairns and i would make a solid foundation for the b-team lol
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:00 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:i suppose cairns and i would make a solid foundation for the b-team lol

That's nicely positive isn't it? :)
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Discussions