Mad Men Mafia - Day 2 (6/9) Town Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 pm

They're killing me out of spite anyway, so what's the point? They're determined to make good on that vow to stop me from playing Mafia here.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby / on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:45 pm

vodean wrote:cant we just kill him and get it over with? ya, it might help scum, but what if yomiel IS scum? or else we will just be saved from a random D1 lynch.

FOS DiM

That's very scummy, we have flavor to go off of after all.
vote vode again
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby / on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Yomiel wrote:They're killing me out of spite anyway, so what's the point? They're determined to make good on that vow to stop me from playing Mafia here.

You really should claim then, please, if you are town, claiming now will let us determine who is scum.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby DiM on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm

/ wrote:tha's minus one, not two I beleive FOS DiM, for skimming the votes


you had me fricking re-reading all the pages looking for the votes again at 4:44 am.
when you're the one that had me confused in the first place with your unvoting a few pages back.

indeed he's at L-1 so i'll unvote but only to avoid giving a mafia an easy lynch.
i'll revote again if he fails to provide any form of defence other than (you're spiteful, you're a bully, you vote me in every game, you stalk me)

so yomiel. L-2. claim time, again.... think seriously this time before saying you refuse to claim.


fastposted by yomiel's complain we vote out of spite.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 pm

No. I will not be bullied into claiming. If you want to hand the game to the Mafia, you can do it yourself. I'm not being targeted because of suspicion. Lynching someone for things like that is just being a poor sport. Dim can insult me and lie about me all he wants, but it isn't going to make me surrender to the Mafia.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby DiM on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Yomiel wrote:No. I will not be bullied into claiming.


nobody is bullying you. this is how games work. people vote a claim time is reached. you build a defence and try to convince people not to lynch you.

Yomiel wrote: If you want to hand the game to the Mafia, you can do it yourself.


i just unvoted you because i DON"T want to hand you to mafia.

Yomiel wrote:I'm not being targeted because of suspicion. Lynching someone for things like that is just being a poor sport.


actually you ARE targeted because of suspicion. and the suspicious thing was that you weren't trying to put pressure on people to force a claim or cause them to slip and say something incriminating. you were rushing to get a lynch no matter what. and this is a scum tell. however when people started voting for you, you immediately got all defensive and claimed being bullied. another scumtell. and if that's not all you're also refusing to claim. yet another scumtell.
i'd say the suspicion is pretty big right now. so do us all a favour and at least try to clear up some of that suspicion.

Yomiel wrote: Dim can insult me and lie about me all he wants, but it isn't going to make me surrender to the Mafia.


and now you start saying your usual things. i thought campin and vodean were insulting and bullying you. now i'm doing it too? you don't suppose we're all mafia, right? because last game we were in together you accused a lot of people of being mafia. basically most of those that voted you.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby vodean on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:04 pm

/ wrote:
vodean wrote:cant we just kill him and get it over with? ya, it might help scum, but what if yomiel IS scum? or else we will just be saved from a random D1 lynch.

FOS DiM

That's very scummy, we have flavor to go off of after all.
vote vode again

you see the irony in my statement, right?
im trying to show yomiel that he is doing exactly what he is accusing us of doing.
Image
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
User avatar
Sergeant vodean
 
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:37 pm
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby / on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Yomiel wrote:No. I will not be bullied into claiming. If you want to hand the game to the Mafia, you can do it yourself. I'm not being targeted because of suspicion. Lynching someone for things like that is just being a poor sport. Dim can insult me and lie about me all he wants, but it isn't going to make me surrender to the Mafia.

Regardless of the reasons being poor, it is still the same as a random lynch.
But if you don't claim, we won't know if we are making a mistake or not if you are lynched, if you are town that will empower the mafia further, wasting a day, and wasting a night.
If you are town, and you claim, we won't lynch you, and we can refocus our efforts faster to finding mafia this day phase.

Why do you not want to claim on principle, despite it being the best thing for town's sake?

and to vodean, hm "irony", sure, just like how you totally were "just setting trap" with your scummy post that time you were the godfather... :|
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Campin_Killer on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:54 pm

I sure wasn't bringing it up this time Yomiel, your last post brought it up yet again.

Tbh, can we just lynch him if he doesn't claim, because he is pissing me off
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore
Image

Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Campin_Killer
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:47 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby / on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:13 pm

I just realized something, we don't have to claim roles, just say your character's name and we get out of revealing our hand to scum.
An alignment should logically be proven, and you are not telling the scum anything that would put town in an unfavorable position.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:23 am

Sorry, but I'm not claiming Day 1. This is not playing the game. People are voting me solely because they dislike me, while certain other people continue to disrupt the game. It's one of them we should be voting for.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:25 am

The game is just going to continue like this, with them harassing me at every turn. Every time I try to make an argument, Dim will start saying it's because I thought the person was bulling me. Campin will claim I didn't answer a question the answer was obvious to. And LSU will just troll.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby / on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:22 am

What on earth are you talking about?
LSU is not even in this game.
It's day one, we have nothing solid to go on, you say you are willing to play, so play, the pressure is currently on you. if you allow town to lynch you as town you lead to our defeat.

We aren't even asking your role, just your character's name, it's completely insignificant if you are town, heck ask me right now and I would gladly claim my character's name.

Either claim your character's name, or tell us exactly why claiming your character's name is objectively bad for town.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:27 am

went to sleep thinking i'll see some common sense when i wake up and we'll get yomiel acting properly. instead we got the 2 posts above.

you seem to constantly ignore what you don't like and keep on repeating people harass you at every turn, trolling you, bullying you.

DiM wrote:
Yomiel wrote:I'm not being targeted because of suspicion. Lynching someone for things like that is just being a poor sport.


actually you ARE targeted because of suspicion. and the suspicious thing was that you weren't trying to put pressure on people to force a claim or cause them to slip and say something incriminating. you were rushing to get a lynch no matter what. and this is a scum tell. however when people started voting for you, you immediately got all defensive and claimed being bullied. another scumtell. and if that's not all you're also refusing to claim. yet another scumtell.
i'd say the suspicion is pretty big right now. so do us all a favour and at least try to clear up some of that suspicion.


i'd like answer to this and a claim or some sort of defence other than "omg you're all bullies for voting me, i refuse to be bullied"

that being said i would like to ask the mod to seriously consider replacing yomiel.
to support my case for this replacement i'd like to point out to the 30+ pages of drama in the ncis mafia thread that culminated with yomiel being lynched despite him being a very important town power role. it's the exact same thing that's happening here. people vote for him, he starts complaining of being bullied and refuses to defend, then things get really awkward with him accusing people of murdering and raping his sister in real life and stalking him on various websites to cyber-bully him. i'd really like to avoid all that nonsense and i'd also like to avoid having to lynch him in D1 just to get rid of him
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:40 am

This is NOT playing. It's just people lynching me because I annoy them. At least when I voted, it was because Vodean was acting suspicious and interfering with the game. I will not claim, especially not on the first Day. When Vodean had the same number of votes against him, no one tried to force him to claim. Dim even admits in his post before yours he's just lynching me to get rid of me.

And I'm getting sick of Dim making these false claims in every thread. I have asked you same group of people to stop making comments about my sister and stop telling lies about her and claiming I've said things I haven't. /, you seriously going to tell me him talking about my sister like that is not instigating? That has no business being said in a Mafia game.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:57 am

and again you ignore this:

DiM wrote:
Yomiel wrote:I'm not being targeted because of suspicion. Lynching someone for things like that is just being a poor sport.


actually you ARE targeted because of suspicion. and the suspicious thing was that you weren't trying to put pressure on people to force a claim or cause them to slip and say something incriminating. you were rushing to get a lynch no matter what. and this is a scum tell. however when people started voting for you, you immediately got all defensive and claimed being bullied. another scumtell. and if that's not all you're also refusing to claim. yet another scumtell.
i'd say the suspicion is pretty big right now. so do us all a favour and at least try to clear up some of that suspicion.



and keep claiming we are voting you out of hate and not because of suspicion.
i already explained plenty of suspicious things in your behaviour.
start explaining or ask for a replacement if you don't know how to play.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:59 am

You already said that was why you are voting me.

And I also explained several times already that I always try to keep things moving, in every game I play. it has nothing to do with my role.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:02 am

ok i've given you plenty of chances, but since you insist on dragging things and refuse to act like a grown-up you give me no choice:

vote yomiel

with this you're at L-1 so it's literally your last chance to come up with a proper defence.

i'd rather see you do it now and fast while i'm still online and can unvote if necessary.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:06 am

You just aren't listening. i have already explained my play style, but you just keep demanding some defense. I've said all I'm going to say, so if you want to mess things up for the Town, that's on you. When I turn out to be Town, I hope the others get wise and vote for you.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:08 am

And not only that, but you continue to insult me, which just shows that YOU are the one not acting like a grown up. I don't like you, but I don't say that kind of nasty stuff about you or mock you about a personal tragedy.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 am

Also, you haven't actually posted anything to defend myself from, other than saying I'm trying to rush the lynch, which you are all aware I ALWAYS do, and which I have already explained. This just further proves what I've been saying.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby / on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:11 am

@yomiel, you are correct in saying our personal lives are our own business and should not be brought up.
@dim. you do realize as you post to bring up the past, you incite the situation further, right?

I try to be the good, every day I strive to be kind and responsible, and I am certainly not going to allow a game to make me lose my cool...

But this all is getting rather pathetic, if anyone thinks this is how the mod wants the game to be, or that this is in any way to play any game, I honestly am sorry, mafia is no longer the game for me.

The mod is working hard to help, so I will attempt one more time to save this game from insanity.

I hope everyone tries this, it will honestly help you become a better mafia player,
1. Unvote
2. reread
3. Say in plain english, without mentioning each others personality flaws, past, etc etc. that has nothing to do with alignment, who do you think is mafia, and why they are, in your opinion, more likely to be mafia than town.
4. read everyone's opinions carefully.
5.vote with discretion
6. if you are voted, calmly logically argue your counterpoint to their suspicion, or claim so as not to hold up the game.

end of discussion, everyone please try this just this once so we can get back on track and start anew, or go ahead and lynch or replace me.

fastposted a couple of times,
yomiel, do you think that name claiming and avoiding a mislynch is bad for the town?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:19 am

I think that Vodean and Dim are Mafia. Vodean has just struck me as suspicious from the beginning, and you saw it too, since you also voted for him. Dim keeps trying to get me to claim, while acting like there's some great case against me that I need to defend myself against, when there really isn't.

I think claiming in any way is reckless, especially early in a game. Even a character name can give hints to the Mafia.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:24 am

/ wrote:@dim. you do realize as you post to bring up the past, you incite the situation further, right?


i have to bring it up as an argument on my request for yomiel's replacement.

also yomiel seems to have no trouble talking about past occurrences even if they're nothing more than insane drivel.
like how we have a vow to keep him from playing mafia here :lol:
he also mentions past games here, here, here and plenty of other posts.

/ wrote:3. Say in plain english, without mentioning each others personality flaws, past, etc etc. that has nothing to do with alignment, who do you think is mafia, and why they are, in your opinion, more likely to be mafia than town.


i already explained in plain english why i vote for yomiel and asked him several times to give a proper response to this:

DiM wrote:
Yomiel wrote:I'm not being targeted because of suspicion. Lynching someone for things like that is just being a poor sport.


actually you ARE targeted because of suspicion. and the suspicious thing was that you weren't trying to put pressure on people to force a claim or cause them to slip and say something incriminating. you were rushing to get a lynch no matter what. and this is a scum tell. however when people started voting for you, you immediately got all defensive and claimed being bullied. another scumtell. and if that's not all you're also refusing to claim. yet another scumtell.
i'd say the suspicion is pretty big right now. so do us all a favour and at least try to clear up some of that suspicion.



frankly i would not be surprised to see him turn out to be town. he already screwed up at least one game by acting like this and getting himself lynched. hence my firm belief he's nothing but a troll bent on screwing up games.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Mad Men Mafia - Day 1 (9/9)

Postby Yomiel on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:33 am

Several members, including edo and pancake, have actually publicly admitted that they are out to stop me from playing Mafia here. I also have the PMs still, I think.

Second, you have no business bringing up such personal stuff, especially when you don't even have your facts straight.

Third, it is other people who keep bringing up past games, like you just did.

/, I posted my suspects and my reasons again, quite clearly. Apparently, Dim is not willing to do the same, but instead prefers to continue pretending that he gave reasons that I have not defended myself against.
User avatar
New Recruit Yomiel
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login