Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:06 am

samgrossy wrote:
ShaggyDan wrote:Alright sorry for inactivity guys, it's a long story.

I am Mr X. Town JOAT (I'm guessing an algebra reference where x can be different values?)

Night one: Doc'd Geegel
Night two: Made self bulletproof (Wasn't told that this didn't work)
Night three: Tracked Elonpuckhog (Sigh)
Night four: No action (saving final ability)

I can't remember the rationale for each of these choices (seems so long ago...) but I can re-read and do my best if its a big deal.

I'm not fully caught up yet, just saw that this was desperately needed, going to catch up briefly on other games then come back here.


Just in case you wanted my input, this passed my test. JOAT can do all sorts of things. X is the most common variable in math. IMHO shaggy is telling the truth.

This day can't be going on much longer. We need to really make a decision about the lynch.

I'm still not very comfortable with relying so heavily on flavor to verify a claim. There seems to be a lot of rationalizing after the fact.

For example, could you tell me what zimmah (Mr. T) was? If zimmah came out and claimed something, than you would come up with some reason for his flavor to fit his role. But it's not like you can use that solely to clear/incriminate someone.

I'd like to bring up a very quick aside as the vodean modkill. We know there were 2 kills on Night 1. One was mafia and one was SKer. After vodean was modkilled, we haven't had more than 1 NK a night for 2 consecutive nights. If the SKer was still alive, it would incredible luck to kill the same person as the mafia/have the target be saved twice in a row. While I don't have concrete evidence, the numbers seem to point at vodean being the SKer.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby aage on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:31 am

Saf, Zimmah v1.0 was the serial killer. He died during night 1.

I honestly don't know what you both are rambling on about. Shaggy has zero evidence to back up his claim. Obviously he would choose the letter X because he knew we'd pay attention to that. He doesn't tell us what his final ability is. All his previous actions have yielded zero result.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 am

ok guys I'm giving a 90ish hour warning at this point. This gives you a full 3 days and then most of a 4th day to make a decision. If someone can do votecounts during this time I would appreciate it as I'm dealing with a death in the family at the moment and might be sparce on the computer for the next 3 days.
LSU Fighting Tigers The 2003 & 2007 National Football Champions
Irony at its finest
Yomiel wrote:As I said, I DID. He responded very badly both times. He won't even consider that he made a mistake, and this behavior is hurting the game.
Private 1st Class LSU Tiger Josh
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:00 pm
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:52 am

Vote count update although only one new vote since the last one

3 Safari: Red, DJ, Hippo
2 Red: Sam, Edocsil

It takes 6 to lynch
Last edited by LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LSU Fighting Tigers The 2003 & 2007 National Football Champions
Irony at its finest
Yomiel wrote:As I said, I DID. He responded very badly both times. He won't even consider that he made a mistake, and this behavior is hurting the game.
Private 1st Class LSU Tiger Josh
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:00 pm
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

redhedge47 wrote:as it happens every one jumped on my statement that I was a granny and I didn’t say PGO the fact is they are both the same thing it happens I have always played with the term granny (maybe because I play on epicmafia a lot more that CC mafia) & never used PGO it is just a personal preference I didn’t expect it to make too much of a difference I’m sorry for the confusion


That would explain why you chose to fake claim as Granny then? Clear admission of guilt in my eyes.


Vote red
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8114
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm Mr V btw if anyone was still querying.
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8114
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:05 pm

aage wrote:Saf, Zimmah v1.0 was the serial killer. He died during night 1.

I honestly don't know what you both are rambling on about. Shaggy has zero evidence to back up his claim. Obviously he would choose the letter X because he knew we'd pay attention to that. He doesn't tell us what his final ability is. All his previous actions have yielded zero result.

:oops: Man do I feel stupid.

But it's true, with shaggy not revealing the final ability, we cannot assume he's cleared. Especially since nobody else has cleared him and his night actions are inconclusive.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby redhedge47 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:40 am

nagerous wrote:
redhedge47 wrote:as it happens every one jumped on my statement that I was a granny and I didn’t say PGO the fact is they are both the same thing it happens I have always played with the term granny (maybe because I play on epicmafia a lot more that CC mafia) & never used PGO it is just a personal preference I didn’t expect it to make too much of a difference I’m sorry for the confusion


That would explain why you chose to fake claim as Granny then? Clear admission of guilt in my eyes.


Vote red

I never withdrew my claim I still say I am PGO
User avatar
Private 1st Class redhedge47
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:36 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby samgrossy on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Here's what I don't understand and what I do understand.

I understand that we are pretty close to LyLo (Lynch or Lose) because the cult could be about to overrun town.

I understand that we have yet to lynch a scum and we don't know about Vodean because the modkill doesn't show his alignment. That means we have a lot of scum still out there.

I understand that between available scum and cult, there are probably alot of bad guys.

What I don't understand is that in order for scum to win, they also need to eliminate the cult and therefore should be aiming for cult targets to help themselves win. So, why aren't more scum trying to help out us town? Did the cult turn all the scum? Mafia should be able to rat out at least one of their turned colleages.

What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 8:41 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby edocsil on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Need a VC so we can kill red. This day has gone on long enough.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 pm

People really need to stop skimming. There is a votecount about 4 or so posts above the one claiming that one is "needed"
LSU Fighting Tigers The 2003 & 2007 National Football Champions
Irony at its finest
Yomiel wrote:As I said, I DID. He responded very badly both times. He won't even consider that he made a mistake, and this behavior is hurting the game.
Private 1st Class LSU Tiger Josh
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:00 pm
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm

unvote vote red
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:01 pm

@red ... can you say anything more than "I am a PGO"? I think I may have been daydreaming or something but your claim seemed solid until you trivialise it with pith. So, seriously, I'd be happy to hammer if you simply aren't going to make an effort here. I can't help but think you may be telling the truth but warm fuzzies aren't going to cut the mustard I am afraid - can you prove you are a PGO? If not then bye bye!
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:56 am

There is no way to really tell he is a pgo....except for someone unlucky to hammer. The best way I feel is to look at what he has posted and his known meta.
I have played with him once and he was bad..And thats the only read I have. I buy his shit about granny and pgo mix up. Sort of...like it depends on how often you go back and read your role. Like I never re read unless im a super imp power role or a joat etc. If i am a pgo i juts go yep...okay on with it. Same as this game. Yep I am a governor okay on with it. honestly this game is fubar because of the mod kill..specifically the no reveal...Cause it puts the game potentially at lylo because we learnt nothing from it.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby aage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:52 am

samgrossy wrote:What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.

Let me make this very clear.

We should NOT lynch the CL today.

What we should do is find out who he is so that I can jail him. That way, he cannot be killed by scum (therefore town cannot be endgamed by majority) and he cannot recruit me (therefore he cannot win by recruiting all town). Scum cannot NK me since they would hand the victory over to the CL.

This is the only way I see out of this scenario. In order to fulfill it, we have to a) know who the cult leader is and b) lynch scum. Every day.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby nagerous on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:00 pm

aage wrote:
samgrossy wrote:What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.

Let me make this very clear.

We should NOT lynch the CL today.

What we should do is find out who he is so that I can jail him. That way, he cannot be killed by scum (therefore town cannot be endgamed by majority) and he cannot recruit me (therefore he cannot win by recruiting all town). Scum cannot NK me since they would hand the victory over to the CL.

This is the only way I see out of this scenario. In order to fulfill it, we have to a) know who the cult leader is and b) lynch scum. Every day.


You make it sound so easy.
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8114
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby nagerous on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:00 pm

aage wrote:
samgrossy wrote:What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.

Let me make this very clear.

We should NOT lynch the CL today.

What we should do is find out who he is so that I can jail him. That way, he cannot be killed by scum (therefore town cannot be endgamed by majority) and he cannot recruit me (therefore he cannot win by recruiting all town). Scum cannot NK me since they would hand the victory over to the CL.

This is the only way I see out of this scenario. In order to fulfill it, we have to a) know who the cult leader is and b) lynch scum. Every day.


You make it sound so easy.
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8114
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:09 pm

aage wrote:
samgrossy wrote:What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.

Let me make this very clear.

We should NOT lynch the CL today.

What we should do is find out who he is so that I can jail him. That way, he cannot be killed by scum (therefore town cannot be endgamed by majority) and he cannot recruit me (therefore he cannot win by recruiting all town). Scum cannot NK me since they would hand the victory over to the CL.

This is the only way I see out of this scenario. In order to fulfill it, we have to a) know who the cult leader is and b) lynch scum. Every day.

If that's the case, then scum plus cult could easily force no lynches every day.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby aage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
aage wrote:
samgrossy wrote:What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.

Let me make this very clear.

We should NOT lynch the CL today.

What we should do is find out who he is so that I can jail him. That way, he cannot be killed by scum (therefore town cannot be endgamed by majority) and he cannot recruit me (therefore he cannot win by recruiting all town). Scum cannot NK me since they would hand the victory over to the CL.

This is the only way I see out of this scenario. In order to fulfill it, we have to a) know who the cult leader is and b) lynch scum. Every day.

If that's the case, then scum plus cult could easily force no lynches every day.

It is the case, and you have been able to for quite some time. I'm surprised you hadn't proposed it yet yourself. I can only assume that doing this is not in your favor or the cult's, since you cannot both win. There are 10 people, four of which are scum, which means that none of us have the majority. As far as I can see we are at an impasse and we'll all probably put our foot down. Right now I can only suggest that we cripple the cult's ability to spread and decrease the number of mafia members in the group, since the reverse will not yield a good result for town. If we lynch the CL today, town loses and mafia wins. I cannot willingly allow that to happen. Therefore I suggest we vote saf as he is 100% known to be scum, meaning no party will either win or lose tonight.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby aage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:28 pm

nagerous wrote:
aage wrote:
samgrossy wrote:What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.

Let me make this very clear.

We should NOT lynch the CL today.

What we should do is find out who he is so that I can jail him. That way, he cannot be killed by scum (therefore town cannot be endgamed by majority) and he cannot recruit me (therefore he cannot win by recruiting all town). Scum cannot NK me since they would hand the victory over to the CL.

This is the only way I see out of this scenario. In order to fulfill it, we have to a) know who the cult leader is and b) lynch scum. Every day.


You make it sound so easy.

Thank you for your contribution.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby samgrossy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:28 pm

aage wrote:
samgrossy wrote:What I don't understand is that while we are arguing who the cult leader is and who is what, time is ticking away and several people have pointed to RED being at least cult if not CL or scum and people aren't voting for him. At this point, why wait to lynch someone who people think is scum? What advantage does it hold for town? This is not a rush to lynch call. This is a "get off your butt and vote so that we can at least have a fighting chance" call. We don't even have a change to win this if we have a no lynch today.

Let me make this very clear.

We should NOT lynch the CL today.

What we should do is find out who he is so that I can jail him. That way, he cannot be killed by scum (therefore town cannot be endgamed by majority) and he cannot recruit me (therefore he cannot win by recruiting all town). Scum cannot NK me since they would hand the victory over to the CL.

This is the only way I see out of this scenario. In order to fulfill it, we have to a) know who the cult leader is and b) lynch scum. Every day.


This is the first post in a while that makes a whole lotta sense, as I agree that we are close to lylo. Although, Nag is right is in that it is easier said than done.

So if there is a Doc, we need to protect you every night so that we can jail keep the CL if we can nail him. We then just play that strategy for a couple of days and we are back at even. But we NEED THE MAFIA to go along with it. If cult overruns town and mafia, its because we couldn't work together for now.

So the question is that you say that Saf is 100% scum. I am not sure that he is. I don't remember thinking his claims were that out of line or thinking he was so very suspicious. I know that there were pages of discussion about it, but I didn't see much out of line with it. I, on the other hand, think its almost a sure thing that RED is a better target than Saf. Can we come to a consensus quick? If we mislynch, we are done.
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 8:41 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:52 pm

I think that red is a better target for a lynch. At least I can use my night action to hunt for the cult leader. I think we all can agree that if we can lynch the cult leader, everyone will be better off.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby samgrossy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm

I know this is crazy, but I would have expected you to say that. It just seems weird that you are saying this instead of reiterating some defense and then saying this. Unless you have completely given up and don't really care, it seems like this post is saying "Yup, I'm mafia too"
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 8:41 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:06 pm

samgrossy wrote:I know this is crazy, but I would have expected you to say that. It just seems weird that you are saying this instead of reiterating some defense and then saying this. Unless you have completely given up and don't really care, it seems like this post is saying "Yup, I'm mafia too"

What defense do I have really? I've roleclaimed, I've provided clearance for 2 people (which has been verified by those two people) and I now know who the possible CL's are. All anyone really has against me is an innocent result by the insane cop.

I'm just of the opinion that we should try to handle cult now. I'm not going anywhere, we can revisit the case on me tomorrow I think. At this point, I think I've been as helpful as I can be.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby aage on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 am

safariguy5 wrote:I think that red is a better target for a lynch. At least I can use my night action to hunt for the cult leader. I think we all can agree that if we can lynch the cult leader, everyone will be better off.

No, we cannot lynch Red because he is potentially the cult leader. I DO NOT WANT TO LYNCH THE CULT LEADER because then town will lose. We have to lynch scum every day now. I can only pray that all cult recruitees turn back to town once the CL dies, because if they don't we're screwed either way... but since that is my only hope of victory I have to go with that strategy. We cannot, I repeat we CANNOT, lynch the cult leader. He has to die during the night because we have to keep the amount of mafia low. Since this day is ending pretty soon we don't have much time to gather more information; in my opinion it is more prudent to lynch Safariguy today because we KNOW that he is scum (Jonty the insane cop got an innocent result on him during one of the first nights, and he claims to have used his cop-ability several times after that correctly which either means he's a cult recruitee who's VERY lucky in his guesses or he's a mafia member with the role (or without the role, and buddies who identified his "targets", either way he's mafia).


I've been waiting with pushing this agenda til the last minute because I wanted to jail the cult leader, and for that I needed to know who the cult leader was. Hippo, I suggest you use your vig powers on another member of the mafia members such as Sam (or on Red, I won't be jailing him tonight, that's for sure) because they will likely target you or me with their night kill.



2. Aage - jailer
4. Nagerous - claimed bulletproof towny
5. Hippo 2.0 - claimed town vig
7. Edocsil - claimed backup doc
8. Safariguy5 - claimed rolecop (but we know you're scum, saf)

11. SamGrossy - claimed nurse (but may still be mafia roleblocker)
12. redhedge47 - claimed PGO
14. ShaggyDan - claimed JOAT
15. DJFireside - busdriver
16. Lord Voldemort - govenor?

We have 5, potentially 6 people lying for sure (since the scumbag mod didn't tell us Vodean's role), since there are 4 mafia vowels, a U who I still don't know what role he has, and the CL.
We know DJ is a busdriver for sure (since Jonty wouldn't have gotten guilty otherwise), but we don't know his alignment.
We know Sam is a roleblocker for sure (since he definitely blocked someone during one of the first nights who didn't pop as cult upon death), but we don't know his alignment. We know I'm a jailer because I contacted Vodean during night 2 which he claimed in the wrong thread and for which he basically was modkilled. Hippo might have gotten the message I sent to SW during night 1 (I asked LSU to send it anyway if you hadn't gotten it yet). I know I'm town, but unfortunately you don't. We at least know that I'm not scum since lynching my own team would be a bad idea.
We basically know Hippo has a killing power because he knows his attack on Sam was blocked during night 3.

We have no hard evidence on the rest of you. All I can say is that I trust Hippo to be/have been town aligned (since there was another NK during the night he tried to kill Sam) so that leaves two more slots for town. Busdriver is essentially a scummy role so I'd assume DJfire is also scum (that puts it at 3 scum: Saf, Sam and DJ). Leaves one more scum, one Ms. U (whoever or whatever that is) and one CL among five people. 60% chance of hitting non-town, so I'm happy. First we have to ensure town survival though, which means we have to lynch Safariguy.

The rules state that I cannot directly quote PM's I received from the mod so I'm reluctant to copy-paste the PM's I received from Strike Wolf and Vodean.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login