Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D4 22/25

Postby VioIet on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:50 am

chapcrap wrote:
Rodion wrote:Roleblocked?

rishaed wrote:Or was it because there was not a final VC? This could become slightly interesting.

I was inactive. :(

I stated this a long time ago......
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Major VioIet

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby VioIet on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:09 am

Rodion wrote:
Anyway, why would you have to activate this ability, Chap? To me it looks like a passive skill. Do you have multiple abilities to choose from? Are there limited shots (if there are, we need to know in order to optimize them)?

He would have to actually send in his action to edoc, I would imagine.

strike wolf wrote:
As far as Rodion's comment about Edoc "clearing" Chap, actually if I was the mod and I didn't want the game to become handicapped because everyone was waiting for an inactive player, I would have said roughly the same thing. I believe that chap is town, the role is easily falsified if there is only one anti-town faction in the game, however I won't confirm him as town. Doing so too early is potentially detrimental.

QFT

aage wrote:Oh, you should not have said this. In the extremely likely case there is a roleblocker in the mafia team (which is probably pretty large) you won't get results for the rest of the game. I'm going to pray to God there is a busdriver.

There most likely is a busdriver in a game this large. I think a mafia roleblocker would have blocked chap's ability regardless, even without stating that information.

aage wrote:I didn't get the impression he has multiple abilities. From what he says I suspect he has to send a PM to Edoc saying "how many?" and then Edoc sends back a number, but that would be an odd ability to have: why send the PM if you do the exact same thing every night?

This is the same impression that I got as well.

safariguy5 wrote:I think that chap's role might be something like a cop role where you have to choose to ask the question. Also, with regards to a roleblocker, it's probably a good deterrent that we have a claimed watcher. With a watcher alive, the doc roles can probably go protect someone other than chap so we know that the only people who visit chap would be mafia. Of course, this might be "telegraphing" an action but the more info chap can gather the better and between a watcher and chap's role, I think chap has the more important role.

That said, I'd think we be better off pressuring someone who hasn't claimed yet tomorrow. I doubt we'd be able to get much info out of DroZ that would sway us to vote him one way or another.

QFT
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Major VioIet

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby edocsil on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:45 am

Pardon for the missed deadline, I am settled back in at school and will be able to enforce the deadline tonight. In that vein, the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be hung as always.

Vote Count

vodean (3) ~ aage, jonty, SamG,
Rodion (1) ~ Vodean

@SamG, thanks for the unofficial. However I do not see gregwolf's vote, and unless someone can link it it will not be counted.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 am

edocsil wrote:Pardon for the missed deadline, I am settled back in at school and will be able to enforce the deadline tonight. In that vein, the person with the most votes at the end of the day will be hung as always.

Vote Count

vodean (3) ~ aage, jonty, SamG,
Rodion (1) ~ Vodean

@SamG, thanks for the unofficial. However I do not see gregwolf's vote, and unless someone can link it it will not be counted.

I think the votes that town have been waiting for are in place,other votes are for future reference at this point. Unless somebody has something extraordinary to say, deadline when you get the time.
Sergeant jgordon1111

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I think that chap's role might be something like a cop role where you have to choose to ask the question. Also, with regards to a roleblocker, it's probably a good deterrent that we have a claimed watcher. With a watcher alive, the doc roles can probably go protect someone other than chap so we know that the only people who visit chap would be mafia. Of course, this might be "telegraphing" an action but the more info chap can gather the better and between a watcher and chap's role, I think chap has the more important role.

That said, I'd think we be better off pressuring someone who hasn't claimed yet tomorrow. I doubt we'd be able to get much info out of DroZ that would sway us to vote him one way or another.

As I stated earlier:

Everyone with a night action, do what you think is best. Don't let anyone here tell you what to do. We don't want the mafia to know what anyone's actions will be. You can argue for protecting me, watching me, protecting others, watching others. It doesn't matter. Do what you think it best.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 169
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 pm

I think I will have time soon. Give me until the end of the weekend to catch up and I can replace. If you need a replacement...
How long will the fight against ISIS take?
John Kerry wrote:We will engage in this campaign for as long as it takes to prevail.
Lieutenant DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:01 am

Alrighty, that's time then. Deadline has been reached. Scene tomorrow.
Edoc'sil

Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby edocsil on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:35 pm

3 days had come and gone and three nights as well with no sign of their enemy. Now this had changed. They had found their foe. A demon stalked the land, preying on the Saints. As he bent to raise up another man ready to turn to the worship the lords of hell six golden rays of light appeared. The light solidified and six angels spread their wings. Each held a weapon of his own choosing, hand-and-a-half swords, greatswords, spears, maces, hammers, bows, and even a quarterstaff were loosely held in the hands of once angel or another. The demon looked at the unforgiving faces arrayed against him, and knelt begging for mercy. "I am no foe of yours! I am merely looking to survive these trouble times," he cried. The angels knew the lie for what it was, there was no middle ground in Satan's war. By the end all would have to choose a side, there was no other option.

The six remaining angels lunged for the demon and as their weapons pierced him he screamed and flashed to ash. Now one had fallen the angels knew, but how many yet stalked the land?

Vodean ~ Amon ~ Doc Switch has been killed.

It is now Night 4, you have 3 days to submit actions. Replacements will be added to this post.
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N4 21/25

Postby edocsil on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 pm

Few announcements before the scene. Doom has offered to replace, but I haven't heard from Lovo, Com9 or victor in a while. I am giving lovo and Com9 24 hours to post or they will both be modkilled. Doom will be replacing Victor if he accepts.

Also, if you haven't noticed, nights have tended to be long. Its for a few reasons, A) Nights are complicated here B) I have less time for CC then I would like C) Some actions are submitted late. I believe this pattern is likely to continue until I go on break on the 22nd and I get past this hellacious semester.

Anyhow, here is the scene.

Sabrael washed the blood from his hands as night fell. His spear he had already seen to, it was cleaned from the evenings kill, but his conscience was not as easy to clean as his spear and hands. The past few days had been quite the struggle for him. He had been pivotal in a few of the lynches of late and and he hand drawn the notice of the demons of the night by finally managing to eliminate one of them. He laid down on a narrow cot that had been hastily prepared for him. He closed his eyes to rest, but before he could come to rest he sensed a presence in the room leaping up Sabrael lunged for his spear but he was too late. Some massive force grabbed him from behind and before he could raise the alarm his head was torn from his shoulders, ending his worries and his burdens.

And so the night came to pass with another death, and so dawn came. Would Yahweh and his angels find another demon today? How many remained? How many remained faithful to Him? So many questions and so few answers.

JGordon ~ Sabreal Archangel ~ Compeller has been killed.

Day 5 has begun 20 alive 11 to lynch. 14 days to deadline, Yahweh willing.
Edoc'sil

Postby Rodion on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:58 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:vodean (3) ~ aage, jonty, SamG

0, 1, 2 or 3?

blakebowling wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the humans are non-town; though not necessarily anti-town.

Claim. And make it believable.
General Rodion

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D5 20/25

Postby edocsil on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:20 am

Doom Replaces Victor, Iliad replaces Com9 receiving his old role back.
Edoc'sil

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 am

Rodion wrote:

0, 1, 2 or 3?

+1
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:28 am

Rodion wrote:
blakebowling wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the humans are non-town; though not necessarily anti-town.

I'm not sure why you're asking for me to claim, I know I haven't been really active, but I don't directly attribute that to being scum. I don't see how that quote is related either.

If the majority of the game wants me to claim, I have no problem.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D1

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:47 am

ShaggyDan wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:I at this time have nothing of substance to add,except so far jak is the only one to really step out on the limb so to speak.

I can see what he is saying but as most of you know I am not a BW fan,and its all circumstance,lots of time til deadline,lets see who slips.

Translation: "I'm not going to add anything or stick my own neck out, but you guys go nuts and I'll be here to jump on someone else."

Unvote and Vote jgordon as good a reason as any to vote at this stage.

Note: This is only a semi-serious vote... I do realise we're still in that kind of twilight between joke votes / start of game and actual substance being posted.

Blakebowling. I am on page 9 and convinced you are scum. I want you to claim.
John Kerry wrote:We will engage in this campaign for as long as it takes to prevail.
Lieutenant DoomYoshi

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Rodion wrote:

0, 1, 2 or 3?

My original role was roleblocked. However, someone did gift me one cop investigation for last night. I'm not sure if I really want to reveal the information. If the result was guilty, I would, but since the person was innocent and not in question, I feel there is no need at this moment. Perhaps before the day is out...

I also want blake to claim. Do we really need to vote you to make this happen?
Captain chapcrap

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm

chapcrap wrote:My original role was roleblocked.

I was worried that might happen.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Rodion on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Droz, who blocked Chap?
General Rodion

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D2 25/25

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

jak111 wrote:I'm feeling fine Pancake, but unless someone got information, it's best to leave the mafia in the dark and collect more and more info that we can use against them. Will someone die tonight? Most likely. Will we lose a power role by tomorrow, most definitely. However, we do not need to paint targets for mafia across the map, no, we need to keep them in the dark for now as much as we are and allow those with investigative roles get more information on what's going on.

With a game this size there COULD be up to 8 mafia, that's terrible to just start letting them get in without anyone with actions being able to counter their claims as to what they do.

To be honest, with a game this size and the number of it, I think angels are town, demons are mafia, and the humans are 3rd party. Though unless someone feels like giving us an example/claim I doubt I can really prove humans being in this game.

Have I lost my head? Maybe, but after playing over at Epic Mafia for what seems a longish time lately I have come to the realization that there are other ways to go about doing this. Taking advantage of a night with no kills is one of those advantages. To not take control of that advantage and gather more invaluable intel for the long days to come would be a waste. In fact, it'd be like the town wanted to lose.

We lynch/pressure today we most likely kill/out a town power role, we no lynch today and go into the night all the town pr's are anonymous and can work their magic in the night. Sure lynching is town's most powerful thing, but if we lynch with no real intel we are lynching blindly. To lynch blindly makes it easy for mafia to control votes, to let mafia control votes makes it more likely we lose 2 or more town powers by tomorrow than if we stay silent, leave mafia in the dark, and go into the night.

I dare you, tell me I'm wrong about our chances. If we don't use the valuable extra day of information now we wont get it later on when we gotta be constantly on edge.

Jak, you have posted a lot that I disagree with, but this may be the worst post I have ever read. Clearly, you put some thought into, and that's what makes it sad.

Don't ever mention EpicMafia again. It's unbecoming of a gentleman.
Lieutenant DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm

^Doom Jak was lynched already D3. I don't know why you're bringing up old stuff, but its not all that important right now other than to rip up a player atm.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Ah yes. I apologize. Certainly unbecoming behaviour there.
Lieutenant DoomYoshi

Postby aage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Rodion wrote:

Two things. First, I may have been skimming most posts due to a lack of time but why are we pressuring Blake? Second, I don't really enjoy the Gestapo act as much as you seem to.

Chap got blocked, well, I guess I informed you thusly. Really useful role, that, I suggest we stop trying to make it work for now and focus on getting some actual discussion on who to lynch. Chap was blocked today for a reason... I however don't know if that reason is that someone doesn't want us to know that there were demons between us three, or someone didn't want us to get cleared. DroZ, if you've watched Chap, could you tell us what you saw? And if you didn't, could you just tell us anyway? From there we can start forming theories, right now I have nothing.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:14 pm

rishaed wrote:^Doom Jak was lynched already D3. I don't know why you're bringing up old stuff, but its not all that important right now other than to rip up a player atm.

He's catching up on the game and making posts as he goes... Don't fault him too much.
Captain chapcrap

Postby aage on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 pm

chapcrap wrote:
rishaed wrote:^Doom Jak was lynched already D3. I don't know why you're bringing up old stuff, but its not all that important right now other than to rip up a player atm.

He's catching up on the game and making posts as he goes... Don't fault him too much.

Meh, could've checked the list of dead players on page one.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby strike wolf on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Rodion wrote:

0, 1, 2 or 3?

My original role was roleblocked. However, someone did gift me one cop investigation for last night. I'm not sure if I really want to reveal the information. If the result was guilty, I would, but since the person was innocent and not in question, I feel there is no need at this moment. Perhaps before the day is out...

I also want blake to claim. Do we really need to vote you to make this happen?

I would agree in saying that unless they are under pressure to be lynched that the information is best kept for yourself at this time.

@Rishaed: I believe Doom is currently reading back through. He probably responded to that as he got to it.

I am also interested in Blake.

@blake: the statement Rodion quotes is that you raised a position that appears to be at odds with how the game is set up. Namely that you stated that you believed humans are non-town. Since Jak came out as human town on the lynch, this can't be 100% true.

Fast posted: it appears I may have been wrong on Doom's motives for the post. Carry on.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm Emma of Ludger, modposter. When I initially posted that humans weren't necessarily town (I'm saying there could be non town humans, not that all aren't), I was trying to clarify simply that non-town and anti-town aren't necessarily the same thing.

As far as the modposting ability, I haven't yet used it as I couldn't think of how it would be useful. If you'd like, I can use the ability now to prove my claim.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives