Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Night 2] Vodean Lynch

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Seriously guys?? Both of you are experienced! :x
[quote=lordvoldemort]11. Once your death scene has been posted, it's over for you. You can no longer post anything related to the game. Whining is alright, **Voices from beyond the grave** are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed. This means you can post something like "Damn you mafia!" or "Oh well. Go town!" but you cannot post and add to the discussion. This is a serious offence.[/quote]
Vodean's 1st post is quite within this rule however due to Betiko's fishing (seriously he's dead!!) Because of that Vod's next post is not within Rule 11. . .which could effect the game in one way or another. I am going to try to ignore it as much as possible.
and thus i break Rule 13 to post this. . . (as well as a few others). Sry LoVo i'll let you be the mod from now on. :-#
[quote=lordvoldemort]13. Night talk is not allowed at all. No need for it...keep the thread clean. [/quote]
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:36 pm

rishaed wrote:Seriously guys?? Both of you are experienced! :x
[quote= "lordvoldemort"]11. Once your death scene has been posted, it's over for you. You can no longer post anything related to the game. Whining is alright, **Voices from beyond the grave** are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed. This means you can post something like "Damn you mafia!" or "Oh well. Go town!" but you cannot post and add to the discussion. This is a serious offence.

Vodean's 1st post is quite within this rule however due to Betiko's fishing (seriously he's dead!!) Because of that Vod's next post is not within Rule 11. . .which could effect the game in one way or another. I am going to try to ignore it as much as possible.
and thus i break Rule 13 to post this. . . (as well as a few others). Sry LoVo i'll let you be the mod from now on. :-#
[quote= "lordvoldemort"]13. Night talk is not allowed at all. No need for it...keep the thread clean. [/quote][/quote]
EBWOP
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:10 pm

:-$ :oops: :?
Major betiko

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Wtf. Really? Are you an actual complete idiot vodean??
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby rishaed on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:56 pm

is night scene coming up soon?

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Yeah. Just woke up...Just going through it all now. Should be out soon :)

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 3]

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:29 pm

And so the infighting begins. It had to be expected when they set up Arkham City. All these career criminals stuck in one place. With batman and his team on the prowl. How could shit not hit the fan. So much reckless hate filled the streets with blood on this night.

dRoz - Mayor Quincy Sharp (governor) has been brutally murdered.
Gillipig - Ra's al Ghul (JOAT) Has been shot in the face.
jonty125 - Has wound up dead. No one having any idea who he is or what he did.

With 16 now alive. It takes 9 to lynch. You have a deadline of 10 days.

Postby / on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 pm

..... hmmm that sucks
And we have a janitor type role out there...
Flavor is interesting; none of the kills seem batman-esque (in that they are kills). It seems also that we have two more kills than yesterday.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day3] So much reckless hate

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 pm

To Mr. S:

Who did you bus last night?
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm

So Vodean really had gone nowhere night 1 I guess. Gillipig's death was likely a Vigilante and my first guess for the third murder would be Zsasz.

I'm not going to read into the Vodean comment, as a dead player he shouldn't have said it and considering I already know myself to be a town member and he included Lovo in the list...yeah...I'm going to assume it was a bad joke.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 3] Strike Clean

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 pm

lord voldemort wrote:Gillipig - Ra's al Ghul (JOAT) Has been shot in the face.
Damn it, if you had just claimed JOAT we could have avoided wasting so much time on you yesterday and potentially better deployed or actions last night.
betiko wrote:
show
And thus we have a perfect example of why rules need to be followed and why Vodean should be blacklisted.
strike wolf wrote:So Vodean really had gone nowhere night 1 I guess.
Which raises the question of why a scum roleblocker would ever not go anywhere.
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Either he actually ran out of time because of inactivity or he himself was blocked. At least those are the only two scenarios that occur to me.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:Either he actually ran out of time because of inactivity or he himself was blocked. At least those are the only two scenarios that occur to me.

Those two scenarios are the ones that make sense. Anyone have any information we can go off of, I guess should be my first question? Also, I would also like to add that I believe Vodean's post was a bad joke, and that Im a little ticked that he posted it as it just adds so much wifom to the game :| . Thats pretty much all I have to add for now.
Sergeant new guy1

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Dr. Strange is gone

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm

spiesr wrote:
vodean wrote:
/ wrote:It is extremely hypocritical that someone who hasn't posted in 4 whole days wants someone who hasn't posted in three weeks replaced.
i dont want anyone replaced... i am just pointing out something that the target of my pressure has said.
You don't want anyone to be replaced? Not even Jak was has left the game or Illiad who hasn't posted in weeks? Or did you just not really think about what yours words meant when you wrote them?
vodean wrote:I think we need to look at the people who jumped on the bandwagon without waiting to hear a defense, and without giving appropriate reasons.
While I see that the speed with which things have turned is a bit surprising, are you sure you have to "appropriate" order of events correct? Isn't it supposed to go person makes a case, other people show their support, the person the case was pointed at makes their defense? Pointing your finger at people for voting for you before you make your response doesn't make any sense boy. If nobody is supporting an argument against you how much of a defense would really be required?
Anyhow, I thought you would know by now that launching a general accusation against those you voted for you doesn't really work in any sense. It certainly doesn't suffice as a substitute for a proper response.

All that said, I have mixed feelings about this case. Vodean definitely looks scummy right now, and most of his responses just make him look worse. In my past experience with him, Vodean tends drop quite a few, often fairly obvious, tells a scum. When you are his partner the game becomes a case of watching him incriminate himself and make associations with you and other scum-mates while you just have to watch and see how long it takes the town to pick up on it.
On the other hand, he also manages to do a commendable job of doing the exact same thing when he is playing as town.
So, I now have to wonder, how much of this case is just Vodean being Vodean, and how much could actually mean something.

I think that spiesr was fed up with his scumbuddy vodean yesterday. I believe he decided, for mafia's own good, to be an instigator of his death.

betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:so he go lynched without even claiming? that sucks. i think he was VT. thought he would claim and fight a little..
I am curious as to what led you to this conclusion.

it's just probable that he has no night action as gillipig suggests, and if he isn't scum that would give good chances for vt, it was my original thought on him let's see.

what were you thinking at that point before the result spiesr?

vote spiesr

Regarding the rest, sorry but i don't catch too much the jonty theme... Is that a role that transforms in another role and he will be back further in the game?
gillipig... I don't know, i really had a non scum vibe about him at some point. I think the whole wifom between me squirrel and crazy made the mafia not take too much risks.

but what do you guys think, which one killed droz which one killed gillipig? sk or mafia?
i hope our vigilante didn't do something that stupid as to kill one of these 2.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 pm

sorry in my previous post i quoted spiesr in red and just noticed that in the quoted post he wrote something in red before as well... the only thing i was underlining is the second paragraph.
Major betiko

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Need a replacement for Shaggydan

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Why would Gillipig be a bad kill? He had been connected with Vodean and with Vodean coming back mafia role blocker there was reasonable amount of evidence to assume that Gillipig had lied about his tracking action especially when there was already another tracker claim on the table. Seems like a fairly good vig kill to me.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 pm

strike wolf wrote:Why would Gillipig be a bad kill? He had been connected with Vodean and with Vodean coming back mafia role blocker there was reasonable amount of evidence to assume that Gillipig had lied about his tracking action especially when there was already another tracker claim on the table. Seems like a fairly good vig kill to me.

because gillipig promised some confessions today. we would ve had an extra info from his night actions in case he turned out town, even if we had decided to lynch him today. vig killing him could add nothing because after vodean turned out scum gillipig would ve definitely become town's number one suspect today and we were going to learn something!
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:40 pm

betiko wrote:gillipig... I don't know, i really had a non scum vibe about him at some point. I think the whole wifom between me squirrel and crazy made the mafia not take too much risks.

but what do you guys think, which one killed droz which one killed gillipig? sk or mafia?
In my opinion, there was enough doubt in Gillipig's claim that after Vodean popped as a role that should have gone somewhere Night 1 a vigilante would have been justified in killing him.
betiko wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:so he go lynched without even claiming? that sucks. i think he was VT. thought he would claim and fight a little..
it's just probable that he has no night action as gillipig suggests, and if he isn't scum that would give good chances for vt, it was my original thought on him let's see.
At that point in time we didn't have much to go in regards to Vodean's role beyond that he didn't go anywhere night 1. While night actions are kind of the default for power roles, there are plenty of roles of all alignments that could have not gone anywhere. Basically I really had know idea what his role might be and was curious as to how you had as much confidence in your thoughts about his role as you did. I haven't seen any evidence of VT's being in this game and thought it odd that you jumped to that conclusion.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:39 pm

spiesr wrote:
betiko wrote:gillipig... I don't know, i really had a non scum vibe about him at some point. I think the whole wifom between me squirrel and crazy made the mafia not take too much risks.

In my opinion, there was enough doubt in Gillipig's claim that after Vodean popped as a role that should have gone somewhere Night 1 a vigilante would have been justified in killing him.
betiko wrote:
betiko wrote:
spiesr wrote:
At that point in time we didn't have much to go in regards to Vodean's role beyond that he didn't go anywhere night 1. While night actions are kind of the default for power roles, there are plenty of roles of all alignments that could have not gone anywhere. Basically I really had know idea what his role might be and was curious as to how you had as much confidence in your thoughts about his role as you did. I haven't seen any evidence of VT's being in this game and thought it odd that you jumped to that conclusion.

I didn't express confidnce in him being vt my thought was that if he turned out town he would most likely be a vt more than a power role. And to tell the truth at that point i wasn't really sure we caught a scum, vodean being vodean and scumtells meaning very little when it comes from him. i know that not all powerroles have night actions, as it's in fact my case.

now regarding what you said earlier spiesr; vodean being a proved scum, and after what you said on how he usually links himself with his scumbuddies; what anaysis would you do on vodean's suspect relationships towards others? i'll have a reread but your post was the first thing i thoughtof when he turned out scum.
Major betiko

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Damn, I'm going to have to claim responsibility for the DroZ death.

I'm Two Face, a town cop. However, after rereading my role PM more carefully, I finally understand the mechanic. Every night, I choose a target. As is true of my character, I flip a coin. Half the time, I investigate them. Half the time, I kill them. This must have been one of the times I killed them.

Now, since I replaced, my Night 1 result was an investigation on nagerous and that came back guilty.

Given that half the time, my role is a killing role, I think I would be extremely underpowered if I was also paranoid/insane. And if we want to talk flavor, the Harvey Dent side of Two Face has been shown to be a good person, at least in the comics. I had originally assumed that the warning in my PM about 50% being bad would be that the 50% would give me a bad investigation. But now I see it's a 50% vig kill.

Therefore, I assume my investigation side of things is true.

vote nagerous
Captain safariguy5

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 am

jak111 wrote:Didn't bus Betiko with anybody.

Vote Betiko I have a feeling he's scum, but till anyone claims a bus, I'm leaving my vote here.
1.) Don't wanna be last on bomb if he IS bomb and tracker is lying.
2.) Might as well get ready to lynch if tracker is not.

My concern with your claim saf is this. that's jak's last post, and it was day 2. day 1 he was all over me, and day 2 he posted only 1 thing, this and he was still on me. Jak has been playing all his other mafia games and dropped this one. I don't really know in which other mafia games he's in but i think it would be strange to drop completely this one. He got in a pretty exciting position if he investigated on day 1 and got a guilty result... unfortunately his post was the one just before squirel claimed bus, and we learned that crazy visited nagerous instead of me... would ve been interesting to see how he would ve pressured him.

other than this everything seems to fit pretty well...
Major betiko

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:19 am

Wow lots of people dead this night. Good luck town, may batman burn in hell!! ;)
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 am

Vote Nag based off of Two Faces evidence. Gilli you are an idiot. If you had claimed JOAT instead of fucking tracker than I never would've voted you and most likely the vig would NOT have killed you. Betiko there was more than enough reason for a vigilante to take a pot shot last night at Gilli for what he claimed especially with what was flipped by Vodean. I for one am not laughing at the "joke" bs that Vodean posted after his death especially in recent events from another game that I am modding.

Sorry for inactivity the last couple of days. Dealing with a death in the family at the moment.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:17 am

Okay "tiger", here is where I spread your ass open using two wooden sticks and shove a third into it. I don't want to reveal anything more and pull a Vodean, but you ned to shut your stupid hole moron!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives