[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:58 am

yeah this is really weird, i don't know if there is mafia as such (witches?), but i think kanin is probably right i think there will be more than 1 third party group
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 157
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 am

URG, So much time spent ignoring Stickies, now I need to keep tabs on one.

Anyhow, yeah.

betiko wrote:yeah this is really weird, i don't know if there is mafia as such (witches?), but i think kanin is probably right i think there will be more than 1 third party group


Many 3rd parties is going to be the way I think. See Com9's last mafia for my best guess.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby jonty125 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 am

ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.


So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:02 pm

jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.


So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s


Ghostly look up the word Kairos. It's a big deal to know what the timing and context of a situation is, and Jonty's vote is an obvious joke because of it. The joke transferred just fine, it's that you don't know you mythology so well. Arkham in Batman was stolen from older legends that are referenced in Lovecraftian stuff. Jonty is in jest claiming both Arkhams as the same entity. This is an obvious fallacy, and a decent joke.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:05 pm

edocsil wrote:URG, So much time spent ignoring Stickies, now I need to keep tabs on one.

Anyhow, yeah.

betiko wrote:yeah this is really weird, i don't know if there is mafia as such (witches?), but i think kanin is probably right i think there will be more than 1 third party group


Many 3rd parties is going to be the way I think. See Com9's last mafia for my best guess.

Mafia and Cult are in game fo sure. However I'm not sure if its town as a collective or 3rd party roles. Either way Scum needs to die along w/ CL.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh and jak? You really shouldn't vote yourself :D
lordvoldemort wrote:rishaed is replacing jak111 effective immediately.

Because in a round about way you really are voting yourself :D just in another game :roll: :lol: :lol:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:27 pm

jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.


Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.


unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote


How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.


So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s


Can we please just think about this for a second? If it is sooo obvious you meant it as a joke, how is it not sooo obvious that I used that as what I thought regarding the post? In other words, going off the words you posted I figured you were skimming.

Edoc, different minds think different things. I understand that it could have been sarcasm, but if you have played a game with me (and you have played plenty) you should know that I am rather quick to not let something get dropped too quickly. It doesnt help that I am just coming back so anything sets me off (refer to the other game I am in, Batman). I am just trying to readjust back to my normal playing, and with that I Unvote Jonty.
User avatar
Cadet ghostly447
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 pm
Medals: 1
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Commander9 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Rodion wrote:I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 pm

I was sarcastic...I know nothing...Jon Snow
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 pm

unvote

I really don't have anything to add to the discussion at this point, but I don't want to be inactive in this game. I'll rescind my joke vote and continue to monitor the thread.
Captain elonpuckhog
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm
Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (23)
General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:49 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:unvote

I really don't have anything to add to the discussion at this point, but I don't want to be inactive in this game. I'll rescind my joke vote and continue to monitor the thread.
Hmm, in order give us some more stuff to discuss and to keep you involved I am going to ask you some questions. You can respond however you wish, but note that your reaction will color my opinion of you for the rest of the game.
1. Do you think this game has a traditional scum faction?
2. Do you think this game has a cult?
3. What do you make of these rule details:
/ wrote:5. Once I post your death scene, you may not speak in the thread at all unless I say otherwise, goodbye messages are not allowed at all in this game for certain reasons.
7. Night talk is not permitted at all in this game for certain reasons

4. What do you think is the most important thing for you to do
A: in this game
B: and on Day 1 on specifically
in order to achieve your win condition?
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:30 pm

rishaed wrote:
edocsil wrote:URG, So much time spent ignoring Stickies, now I need to keep tabs on one.

Anyhow, yeah.

betiko wrote:yeah this is really weird, i don't know if there is mafia as such (witches?), but i think kanin is probably right i think there will be more than 1 third party group


Many 3rd parties is going to be the way I think. See Com9's last mafia for my best guess.

Mafia and Cult are in game fo sure. However I'm not sure if its town as a collective or 3rd party roles. Either way Scum needs to die along w/ CL.

Well, I wouldn't say we know the cult are in the game. Are you saying you KNOW cult is in the game?

unvote vote rishaed
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby / on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Vote Count:

spiesr (1) - LSU Tiger Josh
ghostly447 (2) - jonty125, betiko
vodean (1) - lord voldemort
rishaed (3) - crazymilkshake5 , safariguy5, jak111
edocsil (1) - Iron Butterfly
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Rodion (2) - rishaed, soundman

With 26 alive it takes 12 to lynch

In other news, a bunch of your votes aren't bolded, I don't really care as long as it's obvious they are votes and I notice them, so whatever.

deadline Wednesday
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class /
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:41 am
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:00 pm

/ wrote:Vote Count:

spiesr (1) - LSU Tiger Josh
ghostly447 (2) - jonty125, betiko
vodean (1) - lord voldemort
rishaed (3) - crazymilkshake5 , safariguy5, jak111
edocsil (1) - Iron Butterfly
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Rodion (2) - rishaed, soundman

With 26 alive it takes 12 to lynch

In other news, a bunch of your votes aren't bolded, I don't really care as long as it's obvious they are votes and I notice them, so whatever.

deadline Wednesday


+commander and rodion who both voted commander, might be some other misses. anyway since they are all jokevotes..
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 157
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm

We need 14 votes for a lynch.

Several people have either not posted or have posted minimally. This is a big game and i am sure people will fall through the cracks. I suggest we put pressure on those inactive/submarining.

We could also follow Spiesr's line to get the most people involved.
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:We need 14 votes for a lynch.

Several people have either not posted or have posted minimally. This is a big game and i am sure people will fall through the cracks. I suggest we put pressure on those inactive/submarining.

We could also follow Spiesr's line to get the most people involved.


I just realized somthing.

perhaps / has made an error but with 26 people playing why would we only need 12 to lynch? I always thought it should be half plus 1?
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Roles Going Out

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I just realized somthing.

perhaps / has made an error but with 26 people playing why would we only need 12 to lynch? I always thought it should be half plus 1?
I don't think it is a mistake.
/ wrote:With 26 alive, it takes 12 to lynch, this is not a mistake.
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Roles Going Out

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
I just realized somthing.

perhaps / has made an error but with 26 people playing why would we only need 12 to lynch? I always thought it should be half plus 1?

I believe your thoughts are answered by this:
/ wrote:With 26 alive, it takes 12 to lynch, this is not a mistake.
Deadline is in one week, The 17th
Day One begins.


Iron Butterfly wrote:We need 14 votes for a lynch.

Several people have either not posted or have posted minimally. This is a big game and i am sure people will fall through the cracks. I suggest we put pressure on those inactive/submarining.

We could also follow Spiesr's line to get the most people involved.

Also, in the rules post, it says that unless we declare a no lynch vote, then:
/ wrote:9. Deadline is 7 days from the begining of the day, if the deadline is reached without a lynch or "no lynch" in place, there is a 50% chance of either the person with the highest number of votes dying, or the day ending with no death. Reasonable extension is available upon request.
So we need to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL about pressuring inactives with votes.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 am

well unvote vote victor sullivan. i didn't even know he was in the game (one of the few who didn't even confirm), so many people are slacking here. What i hate is that people would come in ad defend themselves could get lynched and inactive just need to stay inactive. I'm not even sure we have "traditional" mafia, nor cops, docs ect in this game, it seems like it's really a very particular game...
if days are going to have 1week deadlines it's gonna be hard to makea case and lynch anyone given the amount of answers. the questions spiesr came up with are good, but why even bother answering? you'd rather sit an watch, don't take any risk.

let me see where we are now concerning inactives, in bold the ones who confirmed, the bigure after is the number of posts so far:

1.Swifte

2.DoomYoshi2
3.spiesr4
4.crazymilkshake5 3
5.Iron Butterfly 5
6.elonpuckhog 3
7.LSU Tiger Josh 1
8.ghostly447 3
9.safariguy53
10.new guy1 1
11.vodean1
12.jonty125 3
13.Nendreel1
14.jak111 1
15.rishaed 5
16.Victor Sullivan
17.lord voldemort 4
18.Commander9 1
19.edocsil 2
20.thehippo83
21. pancakemix 1
22. Kanin Usagi6
23. Count Belisle 2
24.betiko10
25.Rodion 1
26.soundman 1

in red completely inactive, in orange submariners. note that players such as doom may have 2 posts but we know the content of every single post so far ;)
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 5495
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 157
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:10 am

Seriously Skimming Saf? If you missed the first time I addressed this with the reason why here it is again. :roll: My vote there was a joke vote but im going to FOS you for either skimming or just "forgetting" that I wrote this the first time you brought this up.
show
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Nendreel on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:37 am

unvote
Looks like we're getting down to business now.

1. Do you think this game has a traditional scum faction?
2. Do you think this game has a cult?


I'll answer these backwards, since it'll make my explanation easier.

2. Based on flavour I do believe we're going to see a cult. Cults are featured quite heavily in Lovecraft's writings. IIRC (and admittedly it's been a while since I read Lovecraft) Horror at Red Hook, Shadow of Innsmouth and At the Mountains of Madness had cult-like groups.
Looking back through the posts, I also found this:
rishaed wrote:From my Role PM I am absolutely sure that there is Cult in this game.


1. Depending on what cult can do, we may see a traditional mafia but it's likely to be small.
I went looking again, and found this:
rishaed wrote: Mafia and Cult are in game fo sure. However I'm not sure if its town as a collective or 3rd party roles. Either way Scum needs to die along w/ CL


Clearly rishaed knows quite a bit, so I think we should hear from him.
User avatar
Sergeant Nendreel
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 am

vote no lynch

I am pretty sure everyone has a pretty cool role. Let's let everyone go into night.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3883
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:53 am

DoomYoshi wrote:vote no lynch

I am pretty sure everyone has a pretty cool role. Let's let everyone go into night.
Why are you trying to look like a Jester? (No really, I want a real answer.)
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:58 am

spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:vote no lynch

I am pretty sure everyone has a pretty cool role. Let's let everyone go into night.
Why are you trying to look like a Jester? (No really, I want a real answer.)

I agree. Perhaps his role requires him to be lynched first for it to be activated.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Swifte on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:58 am

betiko - Sully's not been on CC since Oct 2nd, for whatever that's worth. Just jumped out at me cause someone was noting his absence again in Live Chat the other day.

Personally this is my second game and I still don't really get the whole joke vote thing. I will say though, that if we could just ignore the game for a few days and have hippo read aloud to us some HP Lovecraft I think it could be just as fun! :lol: =D>

One thing I observed so far...
spiesr wrote:3. What do you make of these rule details:
/ wrote:5. Once I post your death scene, you may not speak in the thread at all unless I say otherwise, goodbye messages are not allowed at all in this game for certain reasons.
7. Night talk is not permitted at all in this game for certain reasons


Taking a closer looki at /'s original post...
/ wrote:Should you be unlucky enough to witness certain events, your own mind may quickly deteriorate into psychotic new roles, you may even die, but don't count on it being the end, "even death may die", says the Necronomicon, and with madmen abound searching morgues in the pursuit of science, you should believe it.


Sounds like there is potential for either dead coming back to life, or perhaps role(s) that can communicate with the dead from beyond the grave? Not sure how that would relate to the rule about night talk, but at least might give an indication why the rule about communication from the dead exists.
User avatar
Colonel Swifte
Chatter
Chatter
 
Posts: 2144
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:05 pm
Location: usually Mahgreb
Medals: 135
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (33) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (13)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login