[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eight

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 am

I have a sneaking suspicion that the only way to end the game is for two of the Gods to die and one to "win."
I also have a suspicion that the only way to kill a God is from another God, and the only way to lynch a God is to involve the Necronomicon. Refer back to the scene when Jak was lynched, and that passage about the man chanting with the book.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:16 am

/ wrote:The town took this man, leading him to the streets. They saw him as dangerous, a threat to be dealt with immediately.
The townsfolk open fire upon him, in a moment he is collapsed on the ground. The man gets back up, he smiles at the people of Arkham, "Did that moment when I fell fill your hearts with relief? That will be the last time you feel such an emotion."
Bat-like wings eplode from the creatures's back, within a time too fast for the eye to precieve a transformation occurs, where seconds before a man stood, a tentacled monstrosity now flies above, this was just one of a thousand other forms of the Crawling Chaos.

At the monster's behest, the ground cracks open, revealing the court of Demon Sultan Azathoth, its tendrils reach out for the townspeople.

Atop an adjacent building a man read a passage from the Necronomnicon, a spell struck down at the creature, casting it down into the dimensions of the outer gods.
The portal closed, returning the scene to normal, albeit with the distinct look of a bomb going off.
Would this be the last time the Outer God walked this planet?
show

Night 5 begins, you have until Saturday
That bolded bit is what I was referring to. The scene seemed to have indicated that Nyarlathotep wasn't worried about the lynch at all. But then the whole Necronomnicon guy was the one who actually confirmed it.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 am

Interesting kanin. So could it be that the book holder wanted jak dead, but not witt? Witt isn t searching for the book as far as i know. Maybe the book holder is more related to ctulhu than to yog. By the way who'se bodies are you guys in today have you tried soundman to check what he can do?
Looks like this might end up in an ugly god fight with humans in the middle...
Brigadier betiko

Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:18 am

betiko wrote:Interesting kanin. So could it be that the book holder wanted jak dead, but not witt? Witt isn t searching for the book as far as i know. Maybe the book holder is more related to ctulhu than to yog. By the way who'se bodies are you guys in today have you tried soundman to check what he can do?
Looks like this might end up in an ugly god fight with humans in the middle...

If we need the book holder to help with the lynch then Hippo might just get his wish and have us find the book for him. :lol:
Sergeant Nendreel

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Five

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:58 pm

/ wrote:Vote Count

Jak: 9 votes: rodion, IB, little witt, nendreel, jonty, Pancake, ???, thehippo8, Kanin Usagi
Rodion: 2 votes: rishaed, doom
IB: 1 vote: jak

19 alive 8 to lynch

Eight is the correct number for today because of certain mechanics.
that's a lynch, scene tomorrow, feel free to talk until then.

Well that's your final VC for Jak's lynch.

Red means that person doesn't have the Necronomicon and I know this for a fact. Blue means that player is a candidate to be holding the book. Orange means I don't know what to do with that person or if it matters.

Witt's lynch:

/ wrote:Little Witt: 9 votes: Kanin Usagi, Nendreel, jonty125, thehippo8, rishaed, Iron Butterfly, soundman, pancakemix, safariguy5

spiesr: 1 vote: DoomYoshi

today's scene has been updated
that's a lynch, new scene coming soon.

Blue means that player was on the first blue list.

Therefore, assuming that the book holder must be on the lynch to destroy a God and barring any shenanigans with the secret vote, Rodion has the Necronomicon.

That's conjecture and I have a feeling he'll deny it but that's my theory. Once again, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Well, assuming I am being blocked from my search for the necronomicon then you may as well discuss it openly. I've already visited Rodion at bight and he didn't give me the book, so I must have been busdriven or blocked or whatever! WEither that or he doesn't have it!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby Rodion on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:32 pm

I do not own the book. I can vote Little Witt if you want me to, though.

I always suspected Jonty to have the book, since he hammered its last owner (Ghostly, I think). However, being that he was part of yesterday's BW that failed to get Witt lynched, I'm clueless again.
Brigadier Rodion

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:14 pm

@Hippo: Can you give us a list of whom you visited on each Night?
Might help us solve this mystery.
Sergeant Nendreel

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Rodion wrote:I do not own the book. I can vote Little Witt if you want me to, though.

I always suspected Jonty to have the book, since he hammered its last owner (Ghostly, I think). However, being that he was part of yesterday's BW that failed to get Witt lynched, I'm clueless again.

As I said before, I suspect Little Witt has a one-time unlynchable status. He will be lynched today!

Fastposted by Nendreel
ImageImageImage
show

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:51 pm

So why is hippo rushing witt s lynch while we are all trying to figure out who has the book? It should be in his interest to let people think about it out loud.. Just a thought. Also I don t really get the point of a 1 shot unlynchable with revivers.. I think the theory of the bookholder doing something to validate the lynch seems more plausible than the 1 shot given jak s death scene. It would be nice to know, if it s the case, if the bookholder would still not do his job because he wants witt alive or not.. Maybe the bookholder needs to kill a faction or humans before there is just 1 god left (endgame?).I don t know, just a few thoughts.. Pcm, what exactly was your role before being a doc? What can lead you to these type of conclusions? Looks like you had some type of investigative role? Thought you were picking up zombies and that s it...
Brigadier betiko

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby pancakemix on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:18 pm

/ wrote:Vote count

ghostly447: 10 votes: DoomYoshi, jak111, pancakemix, new guy1, thehippo8, rishaed, thechuck51, Iron Butterfly, betiko, jonty125

That's a lynch, scene later.

Ghostly lynch, for reference.

As I said, Rodion denied it. The book probably gives him immense power which is driving him insane. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the Mad Arab himself.

The other possibility is the ??? vote. Writing this in haste, so I'll leave it to others to postulate on that fo now.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Four

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:25 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Ghostly lynch, for reference.

As I said, Rodion denied it. The book probably gives him immense power which is driving him insane. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the Mad Arab himself.

The other possibility is the ??? vote. Writing this in haste, so I'll leave it to others to postulate on that fo now.

I'm pretty sure the ??? is IB, he said he had a Double Vote for that Day.
Sergeant Nendreel

General Achievement (1)

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:33 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
Rodion wrote:I do not own the book. I can vote Little Witt if you want me to, though.

As I said before, I suspect Little Witt has a one-time unlynchable status. He will be lynched today!

Fastposted by Nendreel

Do you have the same perk?
show
Sergeant 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Could be the Bulletproof(NK immune from humans) carries over into day lynches w/ out the Necromicon? Would make sense to me. ^ See D7 open post by me on Hippo's perks.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:42 am

betiko wrote:So why is hippo rushing witt s lynch while we are all trying to figure out who has the book? It should be in his interest to let people think about it out loud.. Just a thought. Also I don t really get the point of a 1 shot unlynchable with revivers.. I think the theory of the bookholder doing something to validate the lynch seems more plausible than the 1 shot given jak s death scene. It would be nice to know, if it s the case, if the bookholder would still not do his job because he wants witt alive or not.. Maybe the bookholder needs to kill a faction or humans before there is just 1 god left (endgame?).I don t know, just a few thoughts.. Pcm, what exactly was your role before being a doc? What can lead you to these type of conclusions? Looks like you had some type of investigative role? Thought you were picking up zombies and that s it...

Not sure what you mean by me being in a hurry. I see this as an extension of yesterday. I'm pretty sure i know who has my love now, but I will only know for sure if they actually say it during today or I look for it tonight (and don't get blocked or busdriven or whatever other weird powers there may be out there!).
ImageImageImage
show

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Seven

Postby soundman on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:17 pm

/ wrote:the ageless deep ones are stopped from their quest by unknown forces.
And so, the book of the Mad Arab was not searched for that night.

This was me. Used a one-shot roleblock on Hippo.
Lieutenant soundman

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Seven

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:10 pm

soundman wrote:
/ wrote:the ageless deep ones are stopped from their quest by unknown forces.
And so, the book of the Mad Arab was not searched for that night.

This was me. Used a one-shot roleblock on Hippo.

Funny thing is that I am sure that my search was a waste anyway so no harm done :-$
ImageImageImage
show

Postby / on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Vote Count

Little Witt: 4 votes: Doom, Hippo, Nendreel, rishaed

With 16 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline Sunday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:44 pm

vote witt

ok lets try again
Major Iron Butterfly

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby Rodion on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Vote Little Witt.
Brigadier Rodion

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Little Witt on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Seriously? I'm a bit confused as to why you are trying to lynch again. I don't care, because clearly it didn't work last time. And you guys should know my now that this is a god you are trying to lynch it won't work, I am the greatest god and character in the game right now. You can do nothing but worship one of us!
Sergeant Little Witt

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Little Witt on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:33 pm

And even if you did somehow lynch me, we clearly saw from hippo he wants me gone. What can that mean, but that he NEEDS me gone. You guys can see I am be honest, Hippo was not. He did not come forward with stuff and kept back his true self. IF you did lynch me, all the aliens would lose, all the town that are not allied with hippo would lose and I would lose. I just think you guys are rushing into this, just like hippo wants. You would know what I mean if you would read his post a couple pages back.
Sergeant Little Witt

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:33 am

I'll drop the hammer vote Little Witt
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 am

I have been masoned with Betiko this round and he says he has the ability to night kill someone. I do not know if it was a slip up on his part but he claims all Town and Humans have had this ability, which is certianly not true. Betiko is hiding somthing.
Major Iron Butterfly

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:44 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I have been masoned with Betiko this round and he says he has the ability to night kill someone. I do not know if it was a slip up on his part but he claims all Town and Humans have had this ability, which is certianly not true. Betiko is hiding somthing.

You are the one who outed yourself asking me what is an "attempt to kill" which is something yith have always mentionned in the typical joat package. You are making your case worse and it s now proved that yith are covering you, as they told us you are a joat. I told you i would keep it for myself, but you are outing it and definitely not doing yourself a favour proving to all Town and unaligned joats that you don t even know what the attempt to kill option is. You probably have the book and the yith are linked to ctulhu. Witt has just outed them as well i think the game will finish by killing either god and that without the book we can t kill Cthulu. I don t know if i m alone or others share those thoughts.
Brigadier betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives