Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (7/12) Day Three

Postby pancakemix on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 pm

spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:Okay unvote. This could get interesting :). Now to hope I don't die tonight... I am willing to believe his claim on various reasonings, so If it was true that PCM was at L-2 even though I think that he is town. . . hmm do you guys think that there is another gifter out there? I mean if everyone can claim ??? town gifter it would be very easy.
Gifter roles are claims that can actually be confirmed. (In that another player receives actual proof of the role's existence when they get the gift.) As such, the only way a scum could fake a claim like that in this game would be to say he gifted to his scum mates and have them back up his story.

Actually, that doesn't have any confirmation. He could be a gifter and be scum. Now, I think the chuck case was one based on... ok, nothing. But just because he's got a verifiable claim doesn't mean he's pro-town.

Spiesr, will you show me where I said my role was verifiable?
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:54 pm

spiesr wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:what mafia game does your role come from,
and do others want me to claim along with spiesr?
What do you mean by "want me to claim along with spiesr?" I don't get it...are you a gifter as well, then? Are you two tied together, ie. masons?
He means that I want him to claim, and he wants to know if anybody else wants him to claim.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Spiesr...who did you drive N2? Odd that you didn't come out with that right away.
I haven't mentioned it yet because I since my busdriving didn't alter any claimed actions I think it might be better to wait and see if somebody claims something that can be disproved by it. So unless a Cop investigated somebody last Night or something that I might have screwed up I think I will sit on that info for the moment unless you guys really want it. Now that I mention cops, I think that if we have one and they have results on anybody who is alive (expect maybe chuck since his role is confirmed) that I would strongly recommend they claim now, even if they only have innocent results. Crossing oof anybody from the few remaining suspect should give us strong chances of hitting scum.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Man, we're cutting deadline close, people...why do we always wait so long to get conversation going?!?
13 hours left it seems. So, do we want to try to end with a tie that gives us 24 hours more, or are we ready to lynch somebody now? I should be able to get on shortly before the deadline to juggle my vote to exactly where it needs to be to make a tie or whatever work. (And dissuade any scum attempts to shift the vote to an undesirable lynch at the last minutes.) (Assuming the Jonty will cut the votes off exactly at the time he listed rather than whenever they are when he gets on.)

I very much want pancakemix to provide his supposedly provable claim today. If it really can be proven then we will have only 4 suspects left (counting myself). We can just pick one of those to lynch to end the day with then, even if they don't have time to claim. If there are 3 scum left then we would have a 3/4 chance of hitting correctly, and a 1/4 chance of losing. I will take those odds at this point. If there are 2 scum left then we only have 1/2 chance of picking right, but we get 1 more try if we screw up.

Lol...sounds great, until I am suddenly the one getting lynched without a chance to defend/claim. I, too, would really like to hear pancake's claim. If I unvote, Gregwolf, Pancake and myself are all at one vote. I'll keep my vote on Greg, and wait to see how he responds. I will check back in about 8 hours. I won't be able to get back after that for another 12 hours. (I'll be on a bit yet, but can't guarantee anything.)

Fastposted...
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Postby spiesr on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 pm

pancakemix wrote:Actually, that doesn't have any confirmation. He could be a gifter and be scum. Now, I think the chuck case was one based on... ok, nothing. But just because he's got a verifiable claim doesn't mean he's pro-town.
Umm, why are you trying to cast doubt on the one provable claim we have?
show
show
Those two quotes should be sufficient to establish if Chuck is the Busdrive Gifter he is town. The only way for Chuck to not be town is if the entire claim is fake and both Neb and I are his scum mates.
[quote="pancakemix wrote:Spiesr, will you show me where I said my role was verifiable?
I can't find it. Did I just imagine that?
You are still my number one target right now though.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 am

spiesr wrote:
pancakemix wrote:Actually, that doesn't have any confirmation. He could be a gifter and be scum. Now, I think the chuck case was one based on... ok, nothing. But just because he's got a verifiable claim doesn't mean he's pro-town.
Umm, why are you trying to cast doubt on the one provable claim we have?
show
show
Those two quotes should be sufficient to establish if Chuck is the Busdrive Gifter he is town. The only way for Chuck to not be town is if the entire claim is fake and both Neb and I are his scum mates.
[quote="pancakemix wrote:Spiesr, will you show me where I said my role was verifiable?
I can't find it. Did I just imagine that?
You are still my number one target right now though.[/quote]
Im typin on a smart (lol) device soo... Not offering to claim mean from, easily verifiable. I would take from it that it is indeed verifiable, and if it's along a VT perspective then hopefully we have a cop for that. But no you never said it was easily verifiable.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Postby spiesr on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 am

Okay, according to my count, gregwolf, chuck, neb, and pancakemix each have 1 vote. I think this means we get a 24 hour runoff. Is this correct Jonty?
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby jonty125 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 am

DEADLINE HAS FALLEN!

Vote Count
Gregwolf121 (1) - Neuchadnezer
thechuck51 (1) - edocsil;
Nebuchadnezer (1) - pancakemix;
pancakemix (1) - spiesr;

A 24 hour run off period has been enforced.

Rules
1. You may post once and only once, and it must be before Saturday 2 March @ 1600 GMT.
2. If your post contains anything more than a vote, it will not count and be considered a spoilt ballot paper
3. You may vote anybody or even no lynch.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby rishaed on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:07 pm

vote No Lynch
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby edocsil on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Vote chuck
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby thechuck51 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:26 pm

vote edoc
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Vote edoc.
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 pm

vote no lynch
Sergeant 1st Class gregwolf121

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby pancakemix on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Vote No Lynch
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Sergeant pancakemix

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby spiesr on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 am

Vote No Lynch
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Postby jonty125 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:27 am

Vote Count
No Lynch (4) - rishead; gregwolf121; pancakemix; spieser
Edocsil (2) - thechuck51; Nebuchadnezer
Thechuck51 (1) - edocsil;

A no lynch has been voted upon. Deadline for night actions is Monday 4 March @ 1600 GMT.
Cook jonty125

Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (7/12) Day Four

Postby jonty125 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:44 am

Once again, there was no death.

Day Four has begun. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Thursday 14 March @ 1600 GMT.
Cook jonty125

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:13 am

First off a quick FOS on Edoc, Why would you vote chuck? Hes basically a confirmed townie, and I will say he is a confirmed townie. I got his busdrive gift last night ( as he said), looked up the character role from Rolegift Mafia and it is indeed a town role. I want a slight explanation for that. That being said, if we have a roleblocker right about now is the time to come out with who you blocked.

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 am

Date Masamune, Pokemon Chapter 2, Town Roleblocker. Night 1 DoomYoshi, Night 2 pancakemix, Night 3 edocsil.
Now, did your busdrive have an effect on this or will edocsil be our number one target?

If you just look at the first page of that game thread it lists my character as a Mafia Roleblocker, this confused me at first. However, if you actually go to where the role pms were posted you can see it is was a Town Roleblocker who got recruited part way through that game.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm

No, I bussed PCM and Chuck, so my busdrive had no effect on it. I am assuming that since Hank was our doc, we can count out me protecting the wrong person so with that vote Edoc

Postby rishaed on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 pm

rishaed wrote:No, I bussed PCM and Chuck, so my busdrive had no effect on it. I am assuming that since Hank was our doc, we can count out me protecting the NK'd person so with that vote Edoc

EBWOP
I must say that that by Occams razor you probably stopped the N1 Kill.

Postby pancakemix on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm

First, wasn't aware alignments had been carried over. Mea culpa.

Second, Vote Spiesr

Date Masamune, Pokemon Chapter 2, Town Roleblocker.

[*]strike wolfDate Masamune, Mafia Roleblocker frozen Day 3

All alignments have been carried over
Epic Win

Sergeant pancakemix

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:07 pm

i agree that evidence points towards edoc, but since it takes 4 to lynch ill withhold voting, till more have spoken up, and edoc has a chance to respond
fastposted by pancake, and pancake
spiesr wrote:Date Masamune, Pokemon Chapter 2, Town Roleblocker. Night 1 DoomYoshi, Night 2 pancakemix, Night 3 edocsil.
Now, did your busdrive have an effect on this or will edocsil be our number one target?

If you just look at the first page of that game thread it lists my character as a Mafia Roleblocker, this confused me at first. However, if you actually go to where the role pms were posted you can see it is was a Town Roleblocker who got recruited part way through that game.

DoomYoshi wrote:DoomYoshi wrote:
You are Date Masamune, Town Roleblocker.

Your helmet is an icon and was the inspiration behind Darth Vader's helmet. During your life you were known as the One-Eyed Dragon. You are the Daimyo of Tohuko.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
Sergeant 1st Class gregwolf121

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby pancakemix on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 pm

I was gonna say, that seemed rather boneheaded.

Unvote
Epic Win

Sergeant pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Few things, no claimed game or name, unless I really misunderstand something. Just gifter, which is the only thing confirmed. I find this lack of transparency to be suspicious at best . If you want to see why I originally thought he was scum you can look at yesterday just as easily as I can. I don't believe in NL's D3, and I did not see another better person to lynch.

As far as the RB goes, I have no defense. I assume I will be forced to claim, although I wont do it until I'm actually concerned about being lynched. The only thing I have to say is don't assume this game is balanced. We could just as easily have killed all the scum, have a arsonist, a cult, or just two docs/a bullet proof.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby spiesr on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:16 pm

rishaed wrote:I must say that that by Occams razor you probably stopped the N1 Kill.
Which is why I supported lynching Doom Yoshi Day 2 even though I couldn't give a good reason.
edocsil wrote:Few things, no claimed game or name, unless I really misunderstand something. Just gifter, which is the only thing confirmed. I find this lack of transparency to be suspicious at best . If you want to see why I originally thought he was scum you can look at yesterday just as easily as I can. I don't believe in NL's D3, and I did not see another better person to lynch.
He had mentioned the game when he was asked. That game had no "characters" for him to claim one. I am pretty sure that what he had on chuck yesterday constituted definitive proof that he was town. (Unless you seriously thought that Nebuchadnezer and I were both his scum mates.) A no lynch on Day 3 is certainly a lame prospect, but lynching a proven Town is surely worse right?
thechuck51 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:what mafia game does your role come from,
and do others want me to claim along with spiesr?
Role gift mafia 2
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:02 pm

vote edoc

you were blocked, there was no kill... seems pretty straight forward
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives