Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby edocsil on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. Two scenarios:
Scenario one: vodean doesn't open his message. Jonty First checks the timestamp and sees vodean has been gone for a couple weeks. I would think jonty wouldn't say anything in the thread.
Scenario two: the message is opened. Jonty wonders why vodean opened the message but isn't posting. He asks in thread why vodean isn't posting.

QED?


QEFail. Jonty sees PM is unopened and that vode is gone, posts in thread saying he will start even if vodean is not seen. Scene starts the game shortly after. Also, Scenario 2 doesn't paint him as scum. It would be unlikely that jonty was looking for vode just because he didn't confirm. He must have seen the unopened PM to notice it.

Source: Lots of modded games and the past times I have done the same thing.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby edocsil on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:23 pm

edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. Two scenarios:
Scenario one: vodean doesn't open his message. Jonty First checks the timestamp and sees vodean has been gone for a couple weeks. I would think jonty wouldn't say anything in the thread.
Scenario two: the message is opened. Jonty wonders why vodean opened the message but isn't posting. He asks in thread why vodean isn't posting.

QED?


QEFail. Jonty sees PM is unopened and that vode is gone, posts in thread saying he will start even if vodean is not seen. Scene starts the game shortly after. Also, Scenario 2 doesn't paint him as scum. It would be unlikely that jonty was looking for vode just because he didn't confirm. He must have seen the unopened PM to notice it.

Source: Lots of modded games and the past times I have done the same thing.

Vote Doom for being hasty in conclusions
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:09 am
Location: The Great State Of Minnesota
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:30 am

Hank44Soccer replaces vodean.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 am

DoomYoshi (3) - rishaed; spiesr; edocsil
Kanin Usagi (2) - gregwolf121; crazymilkshake5
crazymilkshake5 (1) - Kanin Usagi

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 am

Jonty, was my vote removed due to replacement or am I voteless?
If you have ever referred to FDR as "Delano", then you just might be a hipster.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:36 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Jonty, was my vote removed due to replacement or am I voteless?


All votes for vodean, we're not passed on to his replacement.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby Hank44Soccer on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:If you vote for me you have a tiny penis!


That was really stupid...

Vote CM5
User avatar
Cook Hank44Soccer
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rishaed
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (4)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:If you vote for me you have a tiny penis!


That was really stupid...

Vote CM5

unvote vote hank, welcome to the game
Image
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 am
Location: South Jersey
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 am

thechuck51 wrote:
Hank44Soccer wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:If you vote for me you have a tiny penis!


That was really stupid...

Vote CM5

unvote vote hank, welcome to the game


Vote thechuck

For stealing my line, and not being shield.
If you have ever referred to FDR as "Delano", then you just might be a hipster.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:47 am

DoomYoshi (3) - rishaed; spiesr; edocsil
Kanin Usagi (2) - gregwolf121; crazymilkshake5
crazymilkshake5 (2) - Kanin Usagi; Hank44Soccer
Hank44Soccer (1) - thechuck51;
thechuck51 (1) - DoomYoshi;

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Alright, gotta keep discussion happening or this Day will be a bust.
So let's see, we've got 12 players here. Assuming a straight breakdown with just town and a single scum faction (which I don't know if we can be confident about at this point in time) there would probably like 3 scum members right? Maybe 4? Do we think we can expect a single kill per night or is this going to a be very short? With the role supposed decidedly sort of randomly I don't realy know what to think about how this will all play out.

Anyhow, I still support DoomYoshi and the number one candidate at the moment.
User avatar
Lieutenant spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby Kanin Usagi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:22 pm

spiesr wrote:Alright, gotta keep discussion happening or this Day will be a bust.
So let's see, we've got 12 players here. Assuming a straight breakdown with just town and a single scum faction (which I don't know if we can be confident about at this point in time) there would probably like 3 scum members right? Maybe 4? Do we think we can expect a single kill per night or is this going to a be very short? With the role supposed decidedly sort of randomly I don't realy know what to think about how this will all play out.

Anyhow, I still support DoomYoshi and the number one candidate at the moment.

There's really no telling, but I would expect at least one third party as well. So maybe three/four scum, one third-party, and six/seven town?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.


I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
User avatar
Private Kanin Usagi
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Spiesr, at what point is it acceptable to advocate the lynch of an absentee player?
If you have ever referred to FDR as "Delano", then you just might be a hipster.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby thechuck51 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:29 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Vote thechuck

For stealing my line, and not being shield.

it was unintentional I assure you.

Vodean hasn't been on since January 6th. I think we should replace him,

Soundman, however, hasn't posted anything since his confirm but he has been active in other threads. I think we need to get him involved unvote vote soundman
Image
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:40 am
Location: South Jersey
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Login