Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:53 am

Commander9 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
aage wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:FOS all of you on the Strikewolf bandwagon. He gets lynched and its game over.

Asskisser.

unvote vote IB


Seems legit. Besides, you hopped on my wagon...

Unvote. Vote Butterfly.


So what exactly do you find legit? The fact that you are obviously piling on a joke vote or that my joke vote on Doom was your bandwagan.


If you want, we can go out of the joke vote stage. Our wagon was on mod, which was obviously means nothing will happen. It was never going to be realized and even if we reached full numbers, do you really think the mod would have been lynched?

My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my FoS. My vote stays for now.


I find his FOS and now serious vote on IB, over-reacting. Maybe it was just me, but I read IB's comment as Image,

so I felt comm9 placing a serious vote, was an over-reaction.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Is there a reason you put that first paragraph in or do you really believe that some players believe the game would end with the mod lynched? Or perhaps the obvious sarcasm was lost on you with my mass FOS? :roll:

Why would I consider you an "easy suspect"? Those are the words you use to explain your FOS on me. Are you implying you may have said something that could have been interpreted in a negative way on your part?


I don't, but your implication left me wondering. If your post was a joke, my apologies - but it seemed anything but that.

I'd consider myself an easier suspect than most due to several things:
I) I've been out for a while, thus I may be rusty.
II) I've already noticed that I've forgotten about some specific mechanics, thus possible pressure could get more of that.
III) WIFOM (The reason I fos'd you): since I've started that BW, you may have hoped for an easy lynch.


The thing is you did not start a bandwagon. You made a joke vote on Doom and I made a separate joke vote. Hardly a bandwagon. Now I do find it odd that you were the fourth person to vote me, in essence helping to roll a joke bandwagon on me. That is the same reasoning you used for your initial FOS and then vote.

The main difference is that your vote preceded all the drama and then you use the excuse I voted Doom in the hopes a wagon would start, while you already started rolling one on me. Very hypocritical to boot.

My push back on you was for this exact reason.
Image

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Posting from my phone. New guy will be replacing Warlord who has not opened his role PM and. Will be making an official vote count when I can get to my laptop
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7999
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Confirmed replacing, will skip the joke vote, and I have nothing to add to the current conversation except for the fact that I find jonty's lack of attention rather scummy (as far as having to "go back to see who he sides with"). Other than that, pretty much nothing to add here and I wont vote him quite yet as I want to see his response to Iron's last post.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby kgb007 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:09 am

some clarity regarding the IB/comm saga..

aage wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:FOS all of you on the Strikewolf bandwagon. He gets lynched and its game over.

Asskisser.

unvote vote IB


so the (new and separate) joke vote begins on IB with aage, technically vote 3 since dazza and skill had joke votes on IB bc "i just felt like it" and "not seeing clearly" respectively (they have since unvoted IB and continued joke voting against dazza)

Commander9 wrote:
aage wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:FOS all of you on the Strikewolf bandwagon. He gets lynched and its game over.

Asskisser.

unvote vote IB


Seems legit. Besides, you hopped on my wagon...

Unvote. Vote Butterfly.


comm obvious IMO joke vote on IB, vote 4

Iron Butterfly wrote:So what exactly do you find legit? The fact that you are obviously piling on a joke vote or that my joke vote on Doom was your bandwagan.


IB's response - possibly sniffing out that it was still a joke vote, perhaps a little defensive..

Commander9 wrote:If you want, we can go out of the joke vote stage. Our wagon was on mod, which was obviously means nothing will happen. It was never going to be realized and even if we reached full numbers, do you really think the mod would have been lynched?

My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my[b] FoS. My vote stays for now[/b]


comm confirming (what most of us all thought was a joke vote) stating it was a joke vote, maybe comm didn't realize but the vote against IB was technically up to 4 and then

i don't agree with this at all as IB only joke voted on doom at the time, maybe i missed it but i didn't see where IB was looking for an easy suspect...


spiesr wrote:Given that it is the only thing we have to go on thus far I will Unvote Vote Commander for overreacting.


Nebuchadnezer wrote:Okay, three things I'm seeing...

1. Jonty seems forever stuck in joke vote stage. :lol:
2. KGB piling on a joke vote, which was not that funny. 8-[
3. The Commander/Iron Butterfly thing escalated rather quickly. :evil:

FOS is for those who don't want to have a voting pattern...therefore...VOTE Commander

It's D1. Gotta start somewhere.


jonty125 wrote:vote Commander9 for his over-reaction regarding IB.


momentum building against comm, can't say i disagree at this point

aage wrote:That's exactly why Commander9 is voting for IB. Sounds like OMGUS horsemanure to me.


Not why comm is voting for IB IMO as (I think) have spelled out so far..

pancakemix wrote:Comm joking, IB steaming and jonty sheeping are all pretty much par for the course respectively. Sheeping is definitely the worst of those plays, I'd say. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here: Jonty, how exactly did Comm overreact?


kudos to pancake for succintly summing up the action as i seem not to be doing..

Iron Butterfly wrote:Why would I consider you an "easy suspect"? Those are the words you use to explain your FOS on me. Are you implying you may have said something that could have been interpreted in a negative way on your part?


then we get this from comm in response to IB's question

Commander9 wrote:I don't, but your implication left me wondering. If your post was a joke, my apologies - but it seemed anything but that.


technically true, comm didn't specifcally say he thought IB was considering himself (comm) to be an easy target so i'll go back to my comment in green and i ask you comm, who was IB looking for as an easy target?? vote comm until he gives me a satisfactory answer
User avatar
Lieutenant kgb007
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am
Location: New York
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby pancakemix on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:55 pm

jonty125 wrote:I find his FOS and now serious vote on IB, over-reacting. Maybe it was just me, but I read IB's comment as

[img]

so I felt comm9 placing a serious vote, was an over-reaction.


Are you sure? Because it seems to me like IB was the one who overreacted and Comm responded in kind. IB looks to have totally misread Comm's use of the phrase "seems legit" ,which is a meme implying sarcastically that something "seems legit", even though it obviously isn't (like how lynching the mod would end the game). Knowing that meme exists and knowing Comm to be a fan of them (he and I worked on a meme-themed game together in the past) I didn't misread that, but if IB wasn't aware of it that could easily be a cause for misunderstanding.

KGB makes a good point with the highlighted green section: IB had made one vote on Doom (an obvious joke) but Comm kinda blew it up to be more than that when it obviously wasn't. Maybe IB was looking for a reaction (not inherently good or bad), and whether he was or wasn't he got one.

TL;DR: I disagree that one could say Comm overreacted, given the circumstances (since IB almost certainly seems to have overreacted himself), but I do feel Comm exaggerated at points and underestimated the VC.

I'm not going to vote based on that, but I'd like an explanation.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7865
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: An old abandoned cabin in the woods
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Commander9 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Okay, three things I'm seeing...

1. Jonty seems forever stuck in joke vote stage. :lol:
2. KGB piling on a joke vote, which was not that funny. 8-[
3. The Commander/Iron Butterfly thing escalated rather quickly. :evil:

FOS is for those who don't want to have a voting pattern...therefore...VOTE Commander

It's D1. Gotta start somewhere.


Would you mind explaining the pattern thingie?

jonty125 wrote:vote Commander9 for his over-reaction regarding IB.


Mind explaining without just hopping on the wagon?

jonty125 wrote:I find his FOS and now serious vote on IB, over-reacting. Maybe it was just me, but I read IB's comment as Image,

so I felt comm9 placing a serious vote, was an over-reaction.


It is the best vote that I had at the moment and I did end up sticking with it. I tend to not throw my votes all over the place and I won't be changing that. The only person currently more suspicious to me is you for your jumping the wagon especially without even having a good reason.

Iron Butterfly wrote:The thing is you did not start a bandwagon. You made a joke vote on Doom and I made a separate joke vote. Hardly a bandwagon. Now I do find it odd that you were the fourth person to vote me, in essence helping to roll a joke bandwagon on me. That is the same reasoning you used for your initial FOS and then vote.

The main difference is that your vote preceded all the drama and then you use the excuse I voted Doom in the hopes a wagon would start, while you already started rolling one on me. Very hypocritical to boot.

My push back on you was for this exact reason.


... Look back and read again. My vote was quite clearly a joke while you took it seriously and actually started going away from the joke vote, thus starting some serious voting. Our FoS's are different because while my vote was clearly joke, you started attacking me.

I'd say you are the one who's being a hypocrite, Sir, as up until your question, it was still clearly a joke-vote scene whereas you started gearing it towards day 1 lynch.

@ KB

Can you explain your question again? I've read post twice and I still am unsure what you asked.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:07 pm

To me this seems very town-town.

I was hoping to catch someone trying for an easy lynch out of this, but all the players who BW hopped are in their meta or new.

vote Neb

He is right, we do have to start somewhere. Vague 3-point posts that don't logically lead to point 4, the vote aren't the place to start though.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3872
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Okay, three things I'm seeing...

1. Jonty seems forever stuck in joke vote stage. :lol:
2. KGB piling on a joke vote, which was not that funny. 8-[
3. The Commander/Iron Butterfly thing escalated rather quickly. :evil:

FOS is for those who don't want to have a voting pattern...therefore...VOTE Commander

It's D1. Gotta start somewhere.


Would you mind explaining the pattern thingie?


Just my feelings on those people who are afraid to put their votes out there and would rather play it safe by never voting. It annoys me. So, I always vote what I'm thinking, and don't use FOS...FOS is for those afraid to commit to what they post. By putting a vote out there, it also provides additional information for later in the game that will help town. Sure you can put any WIFOM spin on my thinking you want, but there's your peek into how my mind works.
Captain Nebuchadnezer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Commander9 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Just my feelings on those people who are afraid to put their votes out there and would rather play it safe by never voting. It annoys me. So, I always vote what I'm thinking, and don't use FOS...FOS is for those afraid to commit to what they post. By putting a vote out there, it also provides additional information for later in the game that will help town. Sure you can put any WIFOM spin on my thinking you want, but there's your peek into how my mind works.


I'm getting a feeling you've never seen me play before, thus why you are mistaking my plays. I am *not* afraid to commit and put my votes on people and I can be extremely thorough when making my cases, but I will not throw my votes around all the time unless there's a very good reason to do so. I think that FoS is actually extremely useful as it allows people to point out suspicious behavior and tendencies, but do not feel it warrants anything stronger... Yet. Basically, it's normally stored for later use in case that person does something odd, which you can then come back, compare and say: "AHA. At that time he was acting and doing this, but now he's singing a different tune."

It may take a while to get used to my style, but I tend to be quite aggressive and I will point out inconsistencies, patterns, I'll make huge posts and analysis. As I think Safari once said before, Unlynchable townie is a best role for me as I can be as aggressive and thorough as I want which allows me to build my cases and find out scum. If you don't really believe what I've wrote here, just ask any of the older veterans who have played with me and understand what I'm doing (PCM/Edocsil/SafariGuy/StrikeWolf/etc.).
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby kgb007 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:45 pm

Commander9 wrote:@ KB

Can you explain your question again? I've read post twice and I still am unsure what you asked.


You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response
User avatar
Lieutenant kgb007
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am
Location: New York
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 am

kgb007 wrote:You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response


That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby pancakemix on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 am

He's referring to this:

it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my Fos


So the question then is: who is this easy suspect? Because up to the point when you made this post, IB had only voted one person.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7865
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: An old abandoned cabin in the woods
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:53 am

Commander9 wrote:
kgb007 wrote:You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response


That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.


I did not over react. I made no accusations. I asked you a simple question, though I forgot to use a question mark. *grin* I would think it was formed as an obvious question.

You love using the word obvious as if it means something. "Obvious" is a matter of perception.

Obviously it was not apparent to you that my comment about the game ending if strike were lynched was a joke. In fact you seemed to believe some believe it could have happened. So the joke was not obvious to you. Obvious to everyone else...but not you, as you had to explain to everyone why that could not be a reality. Get the point??

So please stop using the word Obvious as if it is a valid defense in replying to peoples questions.
Image

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
User avatar
Major Iron Butterfly
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: New York City
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (7)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:04 am

pancakemix wrote:So the question then is: who is this easy suspect? Because up to the point when you made this post, IB had only voted one person.


He never actually voted me - it was his reaction after my joke-vote post.

Iron Butterfly wrote:I did not over react. I made no accusations. I asked you a simple question, though I forgot to use a question mark. *grin* I would think it was formed as an obvious question.

You love using the word obvious as if it means something. "Obvious" is a matter of perception.

Obviously it was not apparent to you that my comment about the game ending if strike were lynched was a joke. In fact you seemed to believe some believe it could have happened. So the joke was not obvious to you. Obvious to everyone else...but not you, as you had to explain to everyone why that could not be a reality. Get the point??

So please stop using the word Obvious as if it is a valid defense in replying to peoples questions.


You still struggle to read what I and others have written. "Seems legit" was not a serious reply - in fact, it's a meme, so that was obviously a joke. Your response, however, was not. That's where this whole argument has begun and escalated.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby kgb007 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:46 am

Commander9 wrote:That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.


I think we all understand and agree that your vote on IB was a joke vote. I think we can all agree IB overreacted slightly as he did not realize it was a joke vote but I think your response to his overreaction was more telling than his overreaction since I cannot see any posts to back up your comments.

Ill buy that IB didn't get you were joke voting since sarcasm in difficult to pick up on in text. After comm's vote there were 4 separate joke votes on IB with three joke vote reasons and 1 joke vote bandwagon ("seems legit")
User avatar
Lieutenant kgb007
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am
Location: New York
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:01 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
kgb007 wrote:You stated in response to IB getting defensively over the "seems legit" bandwagon vote that IB was looking for an "easy target" but IB had not voted other than his joke vote, I don't have access to a computer for the weekend so maybe someone else can help me out but in my previous post, the first green text is your response and the second green text is me disagreeing with your response


That response didn't answer anything. Your statements are addressing situation before anything happened. The whole thing escalated after my vote on IB, to which he overreacted, which is our whole deal. Your points are absolutely invalid as up until that statement it was obvious a joke-vote stage and up until the IB's accusations, no one was concerned about anything... Which basically renders your whole argument and case invalid.


I did not over react. I made no accusations. I asked you a simple question, though I forgot to use a question mark. *grin* I would think it was formed as an obvious question.

You love using the word obvious as if it means something. "Obvious" is a matter of perception.

Obviously it was not apparent to you that my comment about the game ending if strike were lynched was a joke. In fact you seemed to believe some believe it could have happened. So the joke was not obvious to you. Obvious to everyone else...but not you, as you had to explain to everyone why that could not be a reality. Get the point??

So please stop using the word Obvious as if it is a valid defense in replying to peoples questions.


^ This. I find Commander's arguments to NOT be making sense to me. I didn't see Iron's question as an 'over reaction'. I did however see Commander's lengthy post as an over reaction to Iron's question. As Iron states, it is a matter of perception, and Commander's perception seems to be off, and his arguments seem to be based on nothing, except what is in his own mind...not really factual.
Captain Nebuchadnezer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 am

I think all the talk of overreaction is not really getting us anywhere. It seems more like people missing jokes than anything to me and I can't see how we are trying to get serious cases from it. It seems like an argument that will just go on forever. I thik we need to move on but not sure how. I always find it hard to make much sense of day 1.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant dazza2008
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:50 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 130
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (31) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (21)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby kgb007 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:11 am

Commander9 wrote:My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my FoS. My vote stays for now.


Show me where IB has been looking hard to pile on his vote? Show me where he was looking for an easy suspect?

You can't bc IB isn't guilty of either of those things you said. We've already established he overreacted to you joke vote reason of "seems legit" but I'm not buying that from his overreaction that you arrive at the conclusion that he's looking hard for anything to pile his vote on or an easy suspect.

Aren't we all looking an easy D1 lynch candidate?

The thing is, it's becoming clear to me and my fellow rock gods that it's YOU.

You slipped up in the post quoted above and then tried to dismiss my attempts to get you validate your comments by claiming my point is invalid bc you were joke voting.

That still doesn't take back your post above...

Please try and show us where IB was looking to pile on and look for an easy suspect
User avatar
Lieutenant kgb007
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am
Location: New York
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Oh bother.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3872
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Doom what made you think it was town on town? I couldn't work out what alignment any of them were. Just seemed like people not getting jokes lol.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant dazza2008
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:50 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 130
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (31) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (21)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:52 pm

dazza2008 wrote:Doom what made you think it was town on town? I couldn't work out what alignment any of them were. Just seemed like people not getting jokes lol.


Mafia will generally try to drop something and sink back in. Only two townies would carry a stupid argument this far.

Of course, now that I said that, it no longer applies for this game.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3872
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:42 pm

I suppose.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant dazza2008
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:50 pm
Location: Scotland
Medals: 130
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (13)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (31) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (21)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby Commander9 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:40 pm

kgb007 wrote:I think we all understand and agree that your vote on IB was a joke vote. I think we can all agree IB overreacted slightly as he did not realize it was a joke vote but I think your response to his overreaction was more telling than his overreaction since I cannot see any posts to back up your comments.

Ill buy that IB didn't get you were joke voting since sarcasm in difficult to pick up on in text. After comm's vote there were 4 separate joke votes on IB with three joke vote reasons and 1 joke vote bandwagon ("seems legit")


... How were I over-reacting? It was the first normal accusation in the game without any basis whatsoever - and I just responded. Also, technically the bandwagons starts at 2 or 3 people, so... If you consider that to be a wagon, at least do it correct.

Nebuchadnezer wrote:^ This. I find Commander's arguments to NOT be making sense to me. I didn't see Iron's question as an 'over reaction'. I did however see Commander's lengthy post as an over reaction to Iron's question. As Iron states, it is a matter of perception, and Commander's perception seems to be off, and his arguments seem to be based on nothing, except what is in his own mind...not really factual.


Well, yeah... Everyone always have their own perception and that is never factual. Most of the arguments in mafia are rhetorical and verbal (all of them at Day 1), so of course... It's based on my perception. I don't really see your point. Furthermore, there are people who actually did notice what I was doing (note that it's those who have been here a while and have played with me before), so... I'd say we are at an impasse. You quite obviously don't understand things from my perspective and I'd say your perception is skewed due to possible multiple reasons.

kgb007 wrote:Show me where IB has been looking hard to pile on his vote? Show me where he was looking for an easy suspect?

You can't bc IB isn't guilty of either of those things you said. We've already established he overreacted to you joke vote reason of "seems legit" but I'm not buying that from his overreaction that you arrive at the conclusion that he's looking hard for anything to pile his vote on or an easy suspect.

Aren't we all looking an easy D1 lynch candidate?

The thing is, it's becoming clear to me and my fellow rock gods that it's YOU.

You slipped up in the post quoted above and then tried to dismiss my attempts to get you validate your comments by claiming my point is invalid bc you were joke voting.

That still doesn't take back your post above...

Please try and show us where IB was looking to pile on and look for an easy suspect


Can you show me where I wrote that? Can't seem to find it. As far as an easy suspect - I've already explained it multiple times before. From what I've seen, most of others understand it, so go re-read if it is still unclear.

Not really. I actually try to find at least a semi-decent lynch for day 1, although most people do bandwagon.

If you mean that around 4 people out of 14, who are the main ones posting, sure.

*rolls eyes* How exactly did I slip up?
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 14/14 Day 1

Postby spiesr on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:49 am

Commander9 wrote:
kgb007 wrote:
Commander9 wrote:My legitimacy was obviously a joke, but it seems you've been looking hard to find anything you could pile your vote on and just chose the closest possible reason without it actually it being any reason for now. So for looking for an easy suspect and being quite defencive against a 2 people wagon at the very beginning of the game, you get my FoS. My vote stays for now.
Show me where IB has been looking hard to pile on his vote? Show me where he was looking for an easy suspect?
Can you show me where I wrote that? Can't seem to find it.
Right there in the post that he quoted...
User avatar
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 10:52 am
Location: South Dakota
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login