Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm

new guy1 wrote:I was about to clear that up too. And that would have been a turning point had the question not been allowed, but I would have found another question to ask that would have been helpful, though probably nothing could have compared to that one. I might have to tease with this role and have it in one of my games, except it will go off a points system. Depending on the game size, say 14, I would give it 10 points and determine a scale for which I could take points for each question. That way an over powered question like that would cost in the range of 5 points, since it effectively (at the stage we were at) could cut half the players out of the suspect pool. Just a side thought :D.


I was close to not allowing it but to do so would have meant going back and changing the rule I had set up for the role. Integrity got in my way. I think in the future if I make another game with this role, I may limit it to yes and no questions. Also you can't steal it! It's not like I stole it from another mod whose name could have started with an E and ended with docsil...

As far as mafia and masons. I was very surprised that mafia did not try to eliminate either mason earlier on in the game.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:Good game to town. I think I had a bit too much to overcome. I had to kill Stubbs while still outlasting town. Had Iron been able to last longer, we would have had a better chance. I toyed with the idea of turning on both Stubbs and Iron when Jonty (detective) was killed. I might have had a better shot, and more town credit if I had done that, but decided that keeping my mafia friends alive was a better option. This turned out to be my undoing, as I had no other option but to claim roleblocked. I saw the writing on the wall.

My other problem...I flopped up my claim. In the long run it never became a sticking point, as nobody checked to see if Dire Straits was in the HOF...but I needed Iron to stay alive, so that his death didn't reveal him as NOT being in the HOF either...thus sinking me and my claim. I was so paranoid that it would be brought up. Also, had I claimed correctly (an HOF band), I might have been able to play the "Art Garfunkel is not technically in the hall of fame on his own merits, and therefore the dreaded 'mafia-town mason' could be in play" argument.

The defining moment was new guy's question about number of mafia members on the lynch. Well played. I was almost going to message Strike to disallow that question...but ultimately didn't.

Thanks for the game Strike.


When you claim Dire Straits I thought you were dead for sure. I'll give you a lot of credit for lasting as long as you did.

Yeah the set up with a minor exception was hall of fame vs non-hall of fame. When I first started setting up this game, neither Rush nor Heart had been announced as going into the hall of fame and they were both in the original mafia when I cut it down to thirteen, Heart was easy to get rid of and I looked at it and decided that Rush getting elected to the Hall of Fame added some good flavor to the mix for the Godfather role.

I tried to stick with flavor for roles for the most part, stretching it in some cases. Saf brought up the idea of the Rolling Stones being the Governor for their long service in Rock and Roll. Pink Floyd was the Philosopher because I always felt that most of their songs were pretty deep. Janis Joplin was the body guard for her song "Another Piece of My Heart". The Beatles were the doctor because "All you need is love" and anti-violence sentiments. Keep the violence off the streets. Eric Clapton was double voter because he's been elected into the HOF as a member of Cream and The Yardbirds and as well as a solo artist. Paul and Simon...I think that one's easy enough to figure out. Jimi Hendrix was the Role Blocker because his guitar is mesmerizing. Dire Straits and Pete Townshend were pretty much flavor arbitrary and I am trying to remember why I gave The Band the Vig role. I'm pretty sure I had a reason for it. Kiss was busdriver because he had an army to move people around. OH! and Bob Dylan was JOAT because of the different genres of music he's explored from Folk to blues to jazz to rock to country to some foreign sounding songs to gospel.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8019
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 pm

I apparently forgot to save the role pms...and some of the actions. whoops.

Players

1. The Chuck51-Pete Townshend-Town Cop



2. Jonty125-The Beatles-Town Doctor



3. KGB007-The Band-Town Vig



4. Skillfusniper-Janis Joplin-Town Bodyguard



5. Pancakemix Ghostly447-Rollin Stones-Town Governor



6. Aage-Bob Dylan-Town Joat



Actions: 1-shot cop, 1-shot protect, 1-shot RB, 1-shot vig

7. StubbsKVM-Rush-Mafia Godfather (1 shot BP)



8. New guy-Pink Floyd-Town Philosopher



9/10 Liteme Doomyoshi/Commander9-Simon Garfunkel/Paul Simon-Town Masons



11. Neb-Dire Straits-Mafia Watcher/usurper



Always wanted to learn the guitar part for this song but it's technically in open G capoed on the 3rd fret if I understand right and I don't want to continually retune my guitar to play it.

12. Dazza-Eric Clapton-Town Double voter



Very sad song stemming from an even sadder event. :cry: :cry: Also if you have never heard it, you should look up The version of Layla with Mark Knopfler:



13. Iron Butterfly-KISS-Mafia Busdriver



14. Spiesr-Jimi Hendrix-Town Roleblocker

Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8019
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:50 pm

keep forgetting things tonight but there was another scenario. It would have had its risks but each mafia member was capable of sending in their own actions if they chose to (I don't remember how clear I had ended up making that or if I had forgotten to mention it to them) so if Neb was daring, he could have contacted IB about eliminating Stubbs and if it worked out, they could have both gotten massive town credit as early as night 1 or 2 by changing the actions to have the busdrive hit Stubbs instead of the target (I don't think anyone would have suspected the busdriver was mafia under those conditions). Actually that's the reason why I didn't give the usurper ability to the busdriver. Too easy to just switch the kill and eliminate the Godfather early. Still a potential for it this way but Neb would have had to convince IB and it's not immune to backfire/complications.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8019
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Rock N' Roll Mafia 3/14 Endgame: Town Wins

Postby Commander9 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Honestly, Dire Straits flavour through me off. Me being a massive fan of them, I just couldn't really think of any reason for them to be bitter or associate themselves with other "baddies." Granted, in retrospective, that seems as not the case. But yes, neb played it very well - he kept being on my radar, but never as #1. IB, IMO, was way too aggressive and gave himself away early, except people weren't really willing to listen to me. Back in the old days... :lol:

Anyways, good game and well played. I thought it was quite balanced and well done - definitely very enjoyable.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login