CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby aage on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:10 pm

I'm not lynching Edoc on principle day 1, but don't think this doesn't go unnoticed ;) I didn't point it out because I wanted to see how it would unfold.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Im back after almost 30 hours of power outages and another day of cleaning up. Anyways, I don really trust any of you (aage, edoc, neb) in this case. The only viable lynch that provides good information and can be guaranteed to produce a lynch is Jont. vote Jonty
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby / on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Meh, anytime you want to command who I vote against, just write a check, preferably a blank check with pictures of Mexican food on it, actually just give me the food.
What was I getting at?
Right! I'm sick and tired of being controlled all the time by you pushy people in the "real world". I mean, it started out with the writers, then the players, now the keyboard users?!
You are mathematically dangerous if scum, I mean for games this size there could be like 4 or 5 scum, plus 2 extra votes subtracted from townies, if we just got down to 12 or 14 that would be game over. I'm afraid I've gotta leave my vote unless someone else wants to confess.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:20 pm

[/quote][/quote]
edocsil wrote:Sorry my intent was unclear. We can "vote nolynch" but as we have seen this is sort of suicide to bring about on D1, or really most any other day. It's lazy and largely unproductive . What we can't do is default to nolynch due to an indecisive majority like we are currently seeing in this game.

Also FoS Neb. You are splitting the votes needlessly. You were already wagoning jonty, and imo throwing him under the bus for town credit.
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But let me get this right. I'm scummy because I'm now "splitting the vote"...but if I stayed on Jonty, I was only voting him for "town credit." So, either way, I'm scum in your eyes. Nice.
edocsil wrote:Now you have seen that he is unlikely to receive a large support
He was at L-2. Nobody else was voting for him. I didn't feel like scratching my butt for the next couple weeks while nothing happens. Isn't the goal to get a lynch? Would you rather have us stalemate to a lynch on Jonty? Is that better?
edocsil wrote:to lynch and you refer to our ability to NL but do not suggest it yourself because the one who suggests NL usually dies. You just casually bring it to everyone's attention, perhaps setting something up to pounce on.
Nice try. I was pointing out the fact that you stated the following:
edocsil wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I feel like this is a role that can be tested, but then again it could be kind of costly to try and test it. Regardless, if it indeed is town, it's most powerful near endgame. I don't think we need to make a lynch decision on this today.

unvote

Kinda do. No lynches are not permitted. We could never really determine if he is town or not either.

Notice how you say No lynches are not permitted. I was clarifying that a "no lynch" vote is, in fact, valid. Your statement was false.
edocsil wrote:Then you vote Aage for extrapolating (suposedly) too far that you would perhaps support an no lynch, which is not a valid case even if it were factual. You by implication have tenancies to believe that a NL may be appropriate. You did in fact bring it up, and coincidentally gave jonty a door he could try to run through and live till tomorrow.
I'm not even sure what you are saying here. I voted Aage for the way HE was setting me up as his target on day 2...
aage wrote:So you favor a no lynch? Seems like we have a candidate for tomorrow already.
Maybe I jumped the gun on him, but who the hell is already setting up D2 lynch targets when D1 has not even ended?

edocsil wrote:TLDR: I think jonty and neb are scum buddies. I want to hang jonty and test my scumbuddy hypothesis if jonty in fact proves to be scum.
Oh, looks like Edoc would set up a D2 lynch target without D1 being over. (What does TLDR mean?) I'm not sure what logic you are using that would connect Jonty and I as scum buddies. It's that kind of thinking that screws town over, and you know it. I have no problem lynching Jonty. His role is useless as far as I'm concerned. The problem is that if I go back to Jonty, you'll all hang me tomorrow. If I don't vote him, you'll all hang me tomorrow. So, it looks like edoc and aage get their wish on D2.
Captain Nebuchadnezer

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2)

Postby spiesr on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:47 pm

StubbsKVM wrote:I agree with Neb here. He simply quoted the rules because there was a misinterpretation of them.
I agree with this Nebuchadnezer pointing out that what Edoc'sil was saying what exactly what the rules were seem like just that to me.
Nebuchadnezer wrote:(What does TLDR mean?)
Too long, didn't read.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:18 am

So, it looks like edoc and aage get their wish on D2.

Is jonty going to flip scum?
Mark Yakich wrote:6. If you don’t know a word, look it up or die.
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

No.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby aage on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

I suppose he'd know.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:00 am

aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I suppose he'd know.

I would :D
Cook jonty125

Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:49 am

jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I suppose he'd know.

Watch your quote there...sounds like you'd flip, not know
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:52 am

Gilligan wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

I suppose he'd know.

Watch your quote there...sounds like you'd flip, not know

Yeah, but then people would be misquoting him and that should be easily fixed.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:06 pm

I know the deadline proposed in the rules has been passed. I'm not enforcing it right now. Don't have time to.

VC incoming.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Vote Count

Sheep - 1 ( spiesr)
Neb - 1 ( DJ)
Jonty - 6 (aage, newguy, Doom, /, edoc, strike)
Doom - 2 (Sheep, Gilligan)
aage - 1 (neb)
edoc - 1 (Stubbs)

9 to lynch. Any prods you want made, let me know
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Sergeant pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm

unvote for now (from both no lynch and Doom ;)), deadline isn't imminent.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:33 pm

So, were you going to try to prove that your powers work the way you said they do or are you going to just accept your fate?
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) General Contribution (3)

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Im wondering though. If we do have him test his abilities, should we as town try to choose who he tries it on or will that slow the game down too much.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm

I think it would be reasonably easy to test the power at least in terms of accuracy. I'm sure his targets will be informed of their vote manipulation. This is easily tested early on, so I'm not entirely sure the lynch is necessary. I don't think we necessarily need to lynch Day 1 for the sake of lynching. Certainly, no lynching with no information is not good, but we had a claim and the composition of the players on the wagon, so I'm of the opinion that it's not a wasted day should no blood be shed.
Captain safariguy5

Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Captain DoomYoshi

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:17 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.

I'm holding you to that.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

Corporal sheepofdumb

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 am

Doom, I have commanded you to vote no lynch.
Cook jonty125

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 am

:-s

is there any proof you actually used it?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 am

StubbsKVM wrote::-s

is there any proof you actually used it?

Doom will be able to confirm.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 am

Ok. I don't mind losing my vote tomorrow. In any case, it still won't prove whether or not jonty is town.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. I don't mind losing my vote tomorrow. In any case, it still won't prove whether or not jonty is town.

You could vote no lynch, and keep your vote.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. I don't mind losing my vote tomorrow. In any case, it still won't prove whether or not jonty is town.

This.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives