ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (10/13) - D3: The Bloody Winter Rose

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Actually this is based on Robert Baratheon's rebellion so we probably have the Starks, The Baratheons, the Lannisters, The Targaryens, The Tyrells and possibly the Tullys and the Martells involved. Though the Starks, Baratheons and Tullys should have near identical win conditions opposing the Targaryens. Tyrells And the Martels should be Targaryen supporters though how loyal either are would be questionable and the Lannisters are probably more or less neutral. Of course we could also have oddballs potentially mixed in like The Late Lord Frey.

So the main factions are probably:

Stark+Baratheon+Tully+Arryn vs Targaryens+Tyrells+Martells with various subconditions (For instance, HighGarden (Tyrell) and Dorne (Martells) have traditionally hated each other so there are possible sub conditions for both of them, especially if Oberyn Martell is in this game.

The Lannisters are less directly on one side or the other, they only joined in after the Battle of The Trident and by that point, the war had pretty much already been decided in favor of the Starks and Baratheons.

There's also the possibility of the Greyjoys but I don't think they are majorly involved in this one.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Oh and if you think that's complicated. Wait till we get to the war of The 5 Kings where we will probably need 13 players just to have one for each potential winning faction.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Commander9 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
Flow520 wrote:So how many groups/alignments are in this game?
Obviously at least two. However, from what I read from the GoT wiki, the story seems quite complex with many different groups/alignments.


Too bloody right mate. Understatement of the century right here.
I've read all the books so am happy to help out if anyone wants an info dump on the source.

On this subject in particular, we probably have King's Court, the Starks and Daenerys as 3 factions, with maybe a couple from the Wall lobbed in there too. Mafia's likely headed up by Cersei or her son Joffrey (AKA: evil git)


As Wolf has mentioned, the scenario is indeed based on Robert's Rebellion, so Joffrey himself is not born. As far as anything/everything else... Well, I think you have enough clues and ideas around you to figure a thing or two.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
Flow520 wrote:So how many groups/alignments are in this game?
Obviously at least two. However, from what I read from the GoT wiki, the story seems quite complex with many different groups/alignments.


Too bloody right mate. Understatement of the century right here.
I've read all the books so am happy to help out if anyone wants an info dump on the source.

On this subject in particular, we probably have King's Court, the Starks and Daenerys as 3 factions, with maybe a couple from the Wall lobbed in there too. Mafia's likely headed up by Cersei or her son Joffrey (AKA: evil git)


As Wolf has mentioned, the scenario is indeed based on Robert's Rebellion, so Joffrey himself is not born. As far as anything/everything else... Well, I think you have enough clues and ideas around you to figure a thing or two.


Uhh...how did Wolf know that this was based on Robert's Rebellion?
And I just went over the opening scene again, IE: more like a factions game than a traditional mafia. Fair doos!

13 characters then....my guesses are:
1) Robert
2) Ned Stark
3) Cersei Lannister
4) Mad King whatshisface
5) His son whatshisface
6) Tywin Lannister
7) Another Lannister - likely Jamie.
8) Dorne bloke
9) Martell bloke
10) Some guy from the Wall.
11) Ned's sister whatsherface
12) Stannis
13) An Other (I wish)

Okay....maybe I read the books months ago and maybe some of the names escape me. =L
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Image
User avatar
Cadet Minister Masket
 
Posts: 4893
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: On The Brink
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby aage on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
Flow520 wrote:So how many groups/alignments are in this game?
Obviously at least two. However, from what I read from the GoT wiki, the story seems quite complex with many different groups/alignments.


Too bloody right mate. Understatement of the century right here.
I've read all the books so am happy to help out if anyone wants an info dump on the source.

On this subject in particular, we probably have King's Court, the Starks and Daenerys as 3 factions, with maybe a couple from the Wall lobbed in there too. Mafia's likely headed up by Cersei or her son Joffrey (AKA: evil git)


As Wolf has mentioned, the scenario is indeed based on Robert's Rebellion, so Joffrey himself is not born. As far as anything/everything else... Well, I think you have enough clues and ideas around you to figure a thing or two.


Uhh...how did Wolf know that this was based on Robert's Rebellion?

I dunno, the clue might have been in the prologue.

People put time into stories, you know.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class aage
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 pm
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby nagerous on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:56 pm

The Kingslayer will no doubt be in this somewhere
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant nagerous
 
Posts: 8039
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Huh...I managed to miss that giant prologue somehow.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Image
User avatar
Cadet Minister Masket
 
Posts: 4893
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: On The Brink
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:04 pm

There are more than a couple that are all but guaranteed parts to play. As far as how I know, the scene gives it away and Commander mentioned it once or twice himself.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Commander9 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 pm

In all honesty, I'd be willing to say that if you have any idea about the history of the Rebellion, you can figure at least a few characters that are most likely in-game. In general, I think both me and aage gave some hints (and may possibly be more), but most of them will not be obvious. However, I'd be a terrible liar if I'd say that I don't enjoy seeing the speculation and the "cracking" of my codes :lol: :lol:

Vote Count:

Iliad (1) - Spiesr
Flow (1) - illy
Wolf (3) - KGB, Butterfly, TWO
Nagerous (1) - Nebs
jonty (1) - safari
YOUR MALEVOLENT OVERLORD (-10) - FirFir
safari (2) - flow, jonty
Fircoal (2) - Nagerous, Wolf

With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

P.S. Oct 6th Midnight is the current deadline. Can be changed.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:51 am
Location: In between Lithuania/USA.
Medals: 68
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
Commander9 wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
Flow520 wrote:So how many groups/alignments are in this game?
Obviously at least two. However, from what I read from the GoT wiki, the story seems quite complex with many different groups/alignments.


Too bloody right mate. Understatement of the century right here.
I've read all the books so am happy to help out if anyone wants an info dump on the source.

On this subject in particular, we probably have King's Court, the Starks and Daenerys as 3 factions, with maybe a couple from the Wall lobbed in there too. Mafia's likely headed up by Cersei or her son Joffrey (AKA: evil git)


As Wolf has mentioned, the scenario is indeed based on Robert's Rebellion, so Joffrey himself is not born. As far as anything/everything else... Well, I think you have enough clues and ideas around you to figure a thing or two.


Uhh...how did Wolf know that this was based on Robert's Rebellion?
And I just went over the opening scene again, IE: more like a factions game than a traditional mafia. Fair doos!

13 characters then....my guesses are:
1) Robert
2) Ned Stark
3) Cersei Lannister
4) Mad King whatshisface
5) His son whatshisface
6) Tywin Lannister
7) Another Lannister - likely Jamie.
8) Dorne bloke
9) Martell bloke
10) Some guy from the Wall.
11) Ned's sister whatsherface
12) Stannis
13) An Other (I wish)

Okay....maybe I read the books months ago and maybe some of the names escape me. =L


I don't see why someone from the wall would be in here, neither would an "other." If you just wiki it, I come up with:

1. Rheagar Targaryen
2. Robert Baratheon
3. King Aerys II
4. Eddard Stark
5. Jon Arryn
6. Jaime Lannister
7. Mace Tyrell
8. Jon Connington
9. Hoster Tully
10. Grand Master Pycelle
11. Varys
12. Tywin Lannister
13. Some other minor house (Frey, Greyjoy)

(I could see only one character of the small council, so maybe Frey and Greyjoy are both in.)

I see the blue as "rebellion", red as "loyalists", green as "will choose" and orange as "survivor." I could also see only a few chosen people to be masoned...possibly Robert/Eddard and/or Rhaegar/King Aerys.

Anyway you put it, it will be interesting to see how the major and minor victories play out.
Captain Nebuchadnezer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Commander9 wrote:In all honesty, I'd be willing to say that if you have any idea about the history of the Rebellion, you can figure at least a few characters that are most likely in-game. In general, I think both me and aage gave some hints (and may possibly be more), but most of them will not be obvious. However, I'd be a terrible liar if I'd say that I don't enjoy seeing the speculation and the "cracking" of my codes :lol: :lol:

Vote Count:

Iliad (1) - Spiesr
Flow (1) - illy
Wolf (3) - KGB, Butterfly, TWO
Nagerous (1) - Nebs
jonty (1) - safari
YOUR MALEVOLENT OVERLORD (-10) - FirFir
safari (2) - flow, jonty
Fircoal (2) - Nagerous, Wolf

With 13 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

P.S. Oct 6th Midnight is the current deadline. Can be changed.


Are those all joke votes on Strike Wolf, or was there some actual reasoning that I missed somewhere?
Captain Nebuchadnezer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby The Weird One on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 pm

I think they're all joke.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
User avatar
Sergeant The Weird One
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: cursing the spiteful dice gods
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby strike wolf on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 pm

They are joke votes unless I missed a serious vote as well admittedly I drew some attention to myself being agressive in the joke vote stage. I could see Varys in this game and I might need some reminding of who Connington is but I don't know that Pycelle is all that likely. The others seem fairly likely but I wouldn't guarantee many of them.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7693
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby The Weird One on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

strike wolf wrote:They are joke votes unless I missed a serious vote as well admittedly I drew some attention to myself being agressive in the joke vote stage. I could see Varys in this game and I might need some reminding of who Connington is but I don't know that Pycelle is all that likely. The others seem fairly likely but I wouldn't guarantee many of them.

I could honestly see Pycelle as a doc...It's been a good year and a half since I last read the books, but no other name springs to mind as far as who could serve that role...then again, I'm probably just thinking in a rather outdated fashion [that every game has a doc]
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
User avatar
Sergeant The Weird One
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: cursing the spiteful dice gods
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: ASoIaF Mafia Prologue (13/13) - D1: And so it begins...

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 am

The Weird One wrote:[that every game has a doc]


Most games do, but not all.


My flavour knowledge - zilch. So I'll leave it those who know what they're on about to talk about what they know about. (I am trying to research flavour on the wiki)
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Login