Wishy-Washy Mafia (7/13) Endgame: Forgiveness (Town Win)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:unvote saf has never been shy of voting inactives, so I'm sitting out of this wagon, and if the OP hasn't been updated then I pardon his ignorance of the replacement of James.



Hmmmm, care to show me all of these inactive voting instances? Because I have played more games than I can count with Safari, and I disagree. He ALWAYS chooses to replace. Because that is what a townie would do... Which is more reason to believe he is not in this game.

Also, I like how you say you are "sitting out" of this bandwagon, but you didn't did you? SAYING you sat out, when in fact you voted and unvoted, is still joining the bandwagon... And as soon as you saw one or two others drop their vote, you quickly drop it and say You are sitting out.

And the vote that was made on him wasn't due to his ignorance of a replacement for James, but how he reacted by the initial vote.

You and Safari are now the two most likely scum I have seen... And if I believed Saf a little more, than my vote would certainly be on you.

Replace is one thing, and voting is another. Part of it is timing. If the person was around for several game days, then I favor the replace. If they were not, then I prefer to vote the submariner on Day 1 in lieu of better cases.

What interests me more is the fact that one vote suddenly equates to "attempting to get a lynch" on someone. People, if we don't vote, we don't get anywhere. Sitting around talking is nice, but ultimately we need to start voting if we want to progress the game. Setting aside meta'ing my game behavior, what would have happened had I not voted? Nothing. Nothing would have happened and we'd still be posting inane stuff about no interesting cases.
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 pm

jonty125 wrote:unvote saf has never been shy of voting inactives, so I'm sitting out of this wagon, and if the OP hasn't been updated then I pardon his ignorance of the replacement of James.


At first, I thought jonty had voted safari, but he hasn't, so there's nothing to go on here.

The wagon fell apart rather quickly...I was hoping to establish at least some more leads.

As it stands, this sticks out to me a small bit...

kratos644 wrote:This is a decent case as far as D1 standards go. Blatant skimming and wanting to lynch instead of replace. If he's not scum I would guess he's a lyncher just based on him trying to force that lynch. This puts him at 3 votes and hopefully closer to a claim. unvote vote safari


kratos is dealing with absolutes that safari must be either scum or a lyncher. There is the possibility that he is town.

I am still bothered by safariguy, a veteran of this game, and his boneheaded vote. I wonder if I'm cutting him too much slack. Would I/we crucify any other player for making this "mistake"? Probably. However, I'm not sure I want to force the policy claim, as I've seen other vets make stupid mistakes on mechanics as well.

So, all this talking for no action from me.
Captain Nebuchadnezer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby The Weird One on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:16 am

The only two things I can find that stand out at all are safari's vote on the replaced player for inactivity -which has already been addressed- and what Neb just pointed out on kratos. It seems that he's jumping to extremes to try to push as much attention away from him as fast as possible.
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
User avatar
Sergeant The Weird One
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: cursing the spiteful dice gods
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby benga on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:25 am

unvote virus90
mislick!
User avatar
Colonel benga
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Medals: 163
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 am

benga wrote:unvote virus90

Just a note...when you "unvote" you don't need to put the name of the person you had your vote on. Just type unvote.
Captain Nebuchadnezer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:26 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby mtamburini on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class mtamburini
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby virus90 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:05 pm

mtamburini wrote:Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.


i guess your joking... right? :-s

But glad to have you back mate ! we can use some more activity, lets hunt the scum indeed!
Captain virus90
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:15 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
jonty125 wrote:unvote saf has never been shy of voting inactives, so I'm sitting out of this wagon, and if the OP hasn't been updated then I pardon his ignorance of the replacement of James.


At first, I thought jonty had voted safari, but he hasn't, so there's nothing to go on here.

The wagon fell apart rather quickly...I was hoping to establish at least some more leads.

As it stands, this sticks out to me a small bit...

kratos644 wrote:This is a decent case as far as D1 standards go. Blatant skimming and wanting to lynch instead of replace. If he's not scum I would guess he's a lyncher just based on him trying to force that lynch. This puts him at 3 votes and hopefully closer to a claim. unvote vote safari


kratos is dealing with absolutes that safari must be either scum or a lyncher. There is the possibility that he is town.

I am still bothered by safariguy, a veteran of this game, and his boneheaded vote. I wonder if I'm cutting him too much slack. Would I/we crucify any other player for making this "mistake"? Probably. However, I'm not sure I want to force the policy claim, as I've seen other vets make stupid mistakes on mechanics as well.

So, all this talking for no action from me.

Ultimately, the case on me was based on Meta. If I was Doom and said something you didn't like, that would be par for the course. However, if I was Doom, and uncommonly courteous, would that warrant a vote as well?

I will FoS kratos for his assumption that I was mafia or lyncher. Mafia I could understand, but it seems odd to accuse lyncher. 13 man game is a bit too small to support lyncher in my opinion, and this is before getting into the discussion about when the right time is for a lyncher to push a bandwagon on the target.

I can state the obvious however and say that straight voting the target on Day 1 is most definitely not a good lyncher play WIFOM or not...
Image
User avatar
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: California
Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 am

rishaed wrote:I am replacing Mtamburini, as soon as I can confirm a replacement, he has not posted since early joke voting stages which is unacceptable. Through the mass prod he has been warned, and I have not received a PM concerning the absence.
mtamburini wrote:Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.


Hmm, concidence. I think not, and his reason for not posting is he "forgot to click on the button to let him know someone has posted". Is anyone else slightly clueless about what this means vote mtamburini
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby benga on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:25 am

There are far too many asumptions here, thou mtamburini feels like mafia to me, he walks the thin line...
mislick!
User avatar
Colonel benga
 
Posts: 4408
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Medals: 163
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby kratos644 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:28 am

safariguy5 wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
jonty125 wrote:unvote saf has never been shy of voting inactives, so I'm sitting out of this wagon, and if the OP hasn't been updated then I pardon his ignorance of the replacement of James.


At first, I thought jonty had voted safari, but he hasn't, so there's nothing to go on here.

The wagon fell apart rather quickly...I was hoping to establish at least some more leads.

As it stands, this sticks out to me a small bit...

kratos644 wrote:This is a decent case as far as D1 standards go. Blatant skimming and wanting to lynch instead of replace. If he's not scum I would guess he's a lyncher just based on him trying to force that lynch. This puts him at 3 votes and hopefully closer to a claim. unvote vote safari


kratos is dealing with absolutes that safari must be either scum or a lyncher. There is the possibility that he is town.

I am still bothered by safariguy, a veteran of this game, and his boneheaded vote. I wonder if I'm cutting him too much slack. Would I/we crucify any other player for making this "mistake"? Probably. However, I'm not sure I want to force the policy claim, as I've seen other vets make stupid mistakes on mechanics as well.

So, all this talking for no action from me.

Ultimately, the case on me was based on Meta. If I was Doom and said something you didn't like, that would be par for the course. However, if I was Doom, and uncommonly courteous, would that warrant a vote as well?

I will FoS kratos for his assumption that I was mafia or lyncher. Mafia I could understand, but it seems odd to accuse lyncher. 13 man game is a bit too small to support lyncher in my opinion, and this is before getting into the discussion about when the right time is for a lyncher to push a bandwagon on the target.

I can state the obvious however and say that straight voting the target on Day 1 is most definitely not a good lyncher play WIFOM or not...

All I said was I thought you were one of those two. When someone appears to be scummy you generally think they're mafia. Why I went with lyncher as my alternative was you went for a lynch on an inactive who had already been replaced. I will overlook that now that you have pointed out it wasn't changed on the original page, but at the time, it appeared as if you had one specific target that you wanted to get.

As for this size not supporting a lyncher, remember that sustained balance was not promised in this game so there could be some odd roles out there
Best Score: 2775, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
User avatar
Major kratos644
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 1:49 pm
Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:41 pm

jonty125 wrote:
rishaed wrote:I am replacing Mtamburini, as soon as I can confirm a replacement, he has not posted since early joke voting stages which is unacceptable. Through the mass prod he has been warned, and I have not received a PM concerning the absence.
mtamburini wrote:Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.


Hmm, concidence. I think not, and his reason for not posting is he "forgot to click on the button to let him know someone has posted". Is anyone else slightly clueless about what this means vote mtamburini


He also didn't mention that he received a PM, as we ALL did... As I just looked and, indeed, his name was on it.

So... If this is his first or second game, you would think he would WANT to participate... He doesn't have the experience, unless he has played elsewhere, to scummarine like that... And, he also would not be an effective Jester.

So.................. I am going with reverse REVERSE reverse psychology...

Vote: mtamburini
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Anarkistsdream
 
Posts: 7548
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
rishaed wrote:I am replacing Mtamburini, as soon as I can confirm a replacement, he has not posted since early joke voting stages which is unacceptable. Through the mass prod he has been warned, and I have not received a PM concerning the absence.
mtamburini wrote:Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.


Hmm, concidence. I think not, and his reason for not posting is he "forgot to click on the button to let him know someone has posted". Is anyone else slightly clueless about what this means vote mtamburini


He also didn't mention that he received a PM, as we ALL did... As I just looked and, indeed, his name was on it.

So... If this is his first or second game, you would think he would WANT to participate... He doesn't have the experience, unless he has played elsewhere, to scummarine like that... And, he also would not be an effective Jester.

So.................. I am going with reverse REVERSE reverse psychology...

Vote: mtamburini


I am ready to post something, but would like to hear others opinions on this matter of me being scum.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class mtamburini
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby mtamburini on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:24 pm

As I see it I have 2 votes and one FOS from Benja?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class mtamburini
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm
Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Wishy-Washy Mafia (13/13) D1: The Stench of Mystery

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:29 pm

mtamburini wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
rishaed wrote:I am replacing Mtamburini, as soon as I can confirm a replacement, he has not posted since early joke voting stages which is unacceptable. Through the mass prod he has been warned, and I have not received a PM concerning the absence.
mtamburini wrote:Why does no one think I am mafia I have voted NL! No one has jumped on that. Everyone is pointing fingers at other people but not me. I find this highly suspicious that no one has voted for me. I understand that I have been inactive and its because I forgot to click on the button to let me know someone has posted but I am back mod adn ready to scumhunt.


Hmm, concidence. I think not, and his reason for not posting is he "forgot to click on the button to let him know someone has posted". Is anyone else slightly clueless about what this means vote mtamburini


He also didn't mention that he received a PM, as we ALL did... As I just looked and, indeed, his name was on it.

So... If this is his first or second game, you would think he would WANT to participate... He doesn't have the experience, unless he has played elsewhere, to scummarine like that... And, he also would not be an effective Jester.

So.................. I am going with reverse REVERSE reverse psychology...

Vote: mtamburini


I am ready to post something, but would like to hear others opinions on this matter of me being scum.



How about you post something about the two people who have already accused you?

Don't drag the fucking day out... The method I see you presently using is "I'm just going to screw with the people playing and not try to play myself." Your job is to help town find scum, or, if you are scum, to kill all the town... When the only posts you have made are completely void of content and do nothing to progress the game, you are not giving people a very good impression.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Anarkistsdream
 
Posts: 7548
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:57 am
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login