Conquer Club

PM during game.

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

PM during game.

Postby b.k. barunt on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:57 am

I was approached by someone by PM, proposing an alliance in a game. The person who offered said that he would announce the alliance in the open chat if i accepted. What are the rules on this, and how much strategizing can be done by PM?
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Neutrino on Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:48 am

If you follow the letter of the law, then you only have to post that an alliance has been made, no further details necessary. But it is much more sportsmanly to have all details of the alliance in open game chat.
Corporal Neutrino

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:02 am

Actually, the details must be made in the chat of the game, but some consider even the offer to be wrong by pm...but just asking for it while not as sportsmanlike as asking for it in the chat isnt illegal...it is probably done fearing reprisal in the game for asking for one, if the other player doesnt accept

ive only been approached 2 or 3 times in all my game though...and one was cheating...let me paraphase...it was a good one

"you and i are going to join game 100000 and work together on it. got it"

i laughed when he was busted for cheating
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby b.k. barunt on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:33 am

Pretty much what i figured. I rarely make alliances, other than the often unspoken everybodygetthebigguy action. Wanted to make sure on this one - thanks for the help.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby LetGodSortThem on Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:37 pm

Like It or not I agree with you bk...You should make "official report".... that was wrong, sneaky and I hope you guys ELIMINATE HIM...hate me...Report him...
Sergeant 1st Class LetGodSortThem

Postby b.k. barunt on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:42 pm

Agree with me on what? I just wanted to check the rules, i was not complaining about the person who PMed me. He was not acting outside of the rules evidently, but you seem to be up to your usual gun jumping. You love watching the axe fall where it will don't you? And if the innocent are punished along with the guilty, well that doesn't bother you a bit does it? You're the one who needs to be eliminated.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Nous-irons on Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:40 pm

Just to clarify, it's perfectly acceptable to declare alliances then send tactical advice to another player via PM, right?
Sergeant Nous-irons

Postby b.k. barunt on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:25 pm

Yes, as long as you declare the alliance in the chat. I'd say ignore that wanker lgst, but you want to watch your back with him. He's the self appointed witch hunter around here, and if you're accused, he takes a lot of pleasure in kicking up the accusations.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby AAFitz on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:40 pm

Nous-irons wrote:Just to clarify, it's perfectly acceptable to declare alliances then send tactical advice to another player via PM, right?

i cant say i know the rules that well, but if your gonna have an alliance, it should be announced, and the details should be posted in the game chat, otherwise it is an essential secret alliance....the purpose of displaying the details is so the other player is not in the dark...it may not be cheating, im not really sure, but some will leave negative feedback for it, and it will be justifiable in my opinion...just asking for an alliance is fine...your taking a risk the player announces it in the chat and gets you killed anyways...but many will consider your discussing the details of an alliance to be underhanded, and some will consider it outright cheating....

there are sites that allow secret alliances of all types, and it makes the games a joke...you may not be booted, but you will make some enemies...
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby b.k. barunt on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:44 pm

I guess i'd agree with Fitz on this - better to be safe than sorry. Keep the PM out of it. It may not be against the rules, but the potential for problems is definitely there, and it's not something the other players are doing in most cases, so you're giving yourself an unfair advantage.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby AlbroShlo on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:33 am

b.k. says "you're giving yourself an unfair advantage."

Like playing with family members?? ....you mean an unfair advantage like that b.k.???

um such a shit disturber lol

like my new pick b.k. you convinced me with all yer baby comments....
Major AlbroShlo

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:04 am

And be careful playing in the same game with family or friends. Well Albro at least you have a suitable avatar now. How's your incredibly successful career? You pathetic whining little loser.
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby AlbroShlo on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:25 am

My career is looking far more successfull than yours lol. 736 points after 245 games what a joke. You must play fodder for the rest of the family do you lmao.

If it wasn't for people complaining about injustices there would be no justice.

AlbroShlo
Major AlbroShlo

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

Career as in real life moron, but i guess this is pretty much your life huh?
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Paulus on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Hmm...I would think that two or more players wanting to form an alliance in a particular game should be required to announce the fact that they are allied and the terms/conditions of the alliance(# of rounds, what lands they are allowed to attack/ not to attack, etc.). However, I don't think that two or more publicly allied players should have to make known a strategy they might want to use to take down a particular player or to achieve a certain goal. For example: publicly allied players A and B should not have to announce what strategy they intend to use against player C and should be able to discuss this strategy using the PM system. Any alliance terms/conditions, and any modifications to those, should be publicly announced.
Sergeant 1st Class Paulus

Postby AlbroShlo on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:26 pm

I have to agree with Paulus on this one, if they said they were allianced i see no problem with them strategizing via PM. In doubles you can't see everyone's strategy so i would think the same rules apply. That is if they declared they were allianced.

My career is doing fine b.k. working hard and making lotsa money. What is it you do, or are you retired allready? lol
Major AlbroShlo

Return to Closed C&A Reports