Page 3 of 5

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:43 am
by Bones2484
gannable wrote:violation of the rules - inconclusive


Blitz admitted to it already. It's proven.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 am
by eddie2
leolou has now started taking his turns in tourney games

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:15 am
by Woodruff
Rodion wrote:2 - Blitz sitting only the games that concern his persona is not against any rule. You can argue that is selfish, imoral, but not ilegal.


Yes and no. What you say is true, to the extent that you've covered. However, IF Blitz is joining Jobiwan into tournament games, isn't Blitz then responsible for seeing those tournament games through in Jobiwan's absence? I would suggest very strongly that he is. After all, he is then CAUSING the deadbeat, not Jobiwan.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:42 pm
by ljex
Rodion wrote:Ljex - I never said they should be treated differently. I just said I've seen a fair share of cases in which people were clearly guilty (well, that's my opinion) and due punishment end up either with a slap on the wrist or outright cleared for the most ilegitimate reasons (such as a lot of friends saying nothing was wrong because they "knew him" and they would "never do that"). Without mentioning names (because I don't want to jab anyone in particular, just the system), I've seen someone get to general by winning 5 thrown Luxembourg games against a brig/colonel. That event led to an uprising here, with the winner of the Lux games also being accused of a Peloponnesian War scandal. There was abundant proof, enough for a pretty big punishment if you ask me. It all ended with a slap on the wrist ("do not do this again"). The guy who threw the Luxembourg games left totally unpunished, if I recall correctly.

I'm just saying this Blitz thing will likely have a similar end (doesn't mean I think it should end like this).


For the farming issue it is standard policy to warn people that it is against the rules first before any punishment is given, he was warned and he did stop. Also there is precedent to say that farming when trying for medals not points is ok, though I am not a fan of that one it is there in the B00060 case.

As for the thrown games we all saw that but if someone says they didn't throw the game and were "playing angry" which entails attacking anything and everything on the first turn there isn't much cc can do over 5 games. There are players who play that way every game so can cc punish people for playing bad when they are good? It would open a lot of doors for punishment of people for things that they should not be punished for. I would have liked to see a punishment on this because I thought it was clear, but it was not the black and white issue you make it out to be, as there were other things that needed to be considered.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:53 pm
by 40kguy
im pretty sure what blitz did was illegal.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:48 pm
by greenoaks
jpcloet wrote:In a good sign of faith, Blitz should ask for a block on him and J, and then replace him in all their team tournaments.

in a good sign of faith Blitz should ask for a point reset

then we can have a forum game on how long it takes him to prove he truly is the conquerer of us all

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:00 pm
by Rodion
Blitz would get those points back. A point reset would actually punish the community, as they'd have to play against a great player with the cost-benefit of playing against a private 1st class. It would also be good for Blitz's teammates, as they'd play alongside a great player with the cost-benefit of playing alonside a private 1st class.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:13 pm
by Rodion
Ljex, I understand the defense (good players being allowed to occasionally play poorly due to the interference of emotions such as anger), but, given the circumstances (the guy needing exactly 5 wins against the other guy to get to general, both of them being part of the same clan and the loser of the 5 games being the very guy that made a GD topic congratulating the winner on becoming a general), accepting that just shows that the C&A is but a paper tiger when judging certain people. Granted, other members may have a different view, but that's the way I see it.

My prediction stands: worst case scenario for Blitz, he gets a warning ("don't do that again") and is blocked from playing with Jobiwan.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 pm
by greenoaks
Rodion wrote:Blitz would get those points back. A point reset would actually punish the community, as they'd have to play against a great player with the cost-benefit of playing against a private 1st class. It would also be good for Blitz's teammates, as they'd play alongside a great player with the cost-benefit of playing alonside a private 1st class.

your logic sucks all the fun out of this situation :cry:

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 am
by Streaker
So jobiwan is guested, but not kicked from games? Why can he still take turns?

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:53 am
by lordhaha
lordhaha wrote:I think he should be reset to 1000 points so we can all start betting on how long it would take for him to return to conqueror 8-[

I'll take 6th June.


I don't like the way you are editing my post greenoaks!!! It was said as a joke. I do think a punishment is due, but reseting to 1000 points is a bit to far as I am sure he did not get all his points from cheating.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 am
by eddie2
they put his account on hold like they done with jle in the herkman case due to the fact hsomeone signed him up to 15 more games yesterday.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:59 am
by greenoaks
lordhaha wrote:
lordhaha wrote:I think he should be reset to 1000 points so we can all start betting on how long it would take for him to return to conqueror 8-[

I'll take 6th June.


I don't like the way you are editing my post greenoaks!!! It was said as a joke. I do think a punishment is due, but reseting to 1000 points is a bit to far as I am sure he did not get all his points from cheating.

now you are sucking all the fun out of your suggested punishment

i'm sure Blitz would be ok with it as he could then start a new top 5

fastest 5 to return to Conquerer after a point reset
1. Blitzaholic
2. daylight

Re: jobiwan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:24 pm
by KraphtOne
Blitzaholic wrote:Bruce, I have been conqueror for almost a year now, and several other times in the past, so, I don't need to cheat



oh shit, greatest quote ever

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:29 pm
by jefjef
Streaker wrote:So jobiwan is guested, but not kicked from games? Why can he still take turns?


He only had premium stripped. He isn't site banned. His current games remain active and can be played.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:20 am
by Dukasaur
lord voldemort wrote:i thought this was a short vacation...thats what i get out of eddie and blitz's post
any game is abuse bruce...but read the situation guidelines mate. it would be a major inrfaction and as his first it would be a warning. just how it goes.
sure if someone cause absolute chaos with the site then something more extreme can be done. but thats not the case here
BUT IF the evidence turns out to that blitz is in the wrong then he would more than likely only get a warning.


When this problem hit my tournament I thought it was an isolated instance...but since then I've heard tons of stories. This is not a case of mistakenly joining games in one or two tournaments... this is starting to look like a deliberate campaign.

Re: jobiwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:06 am
by Chewie1
KraphtOne wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:Bruce, I have been conqueror for almost a year now, and several other times in the past, so, I don't need to cheat



oh shit, greatest quote ever



LOL

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 am
by Fruitcake
Dukasaur wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:i thought this was a short vacation...thats what i get out of eddie and blitz's post
any game is abuse bruce...but read the situation guidelines mate. it would be a major inrfaction and as his first it would be a warning. just how it goes.
sure if someone cause absolute chaos with the site then something more extreme can be done. but thats not the case here
BUT IF the evidence turns out to that blitz is in the wrong then he would more than likely only get a warning.


When this problem hit my tournament I thought it was an isolated instance...but since then I've heard tons of stories. This is not a case of mistakenly joining games in one or two tournaments... this is starting to look like a deliberate campaign.


This alone warrants deeper investigation doesn't it?

Re: jobiwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:49 am
by lordhaha
Bruce, I have been conqueror for almost a year now, and several other times in the past, so, I don't need to cheat


Maybe we should get Bill Clinton or Tiger Woods in as external investigators :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: jobiwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:59 am
by gannable
KraphtOne wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:Bruce, I have been conqueror for almost a year now, and several other times in the past, so, I don't need to cheat



oh shit, greatest quote ever




No, it isnt the greatest quote ever.

He didn't tell us exactly tell us how many times he became conqueror and the time periods.

However, I'm told he has a big post ready to tell us.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 am
by eddie2
Fruitcake wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:i thought this was a short vacation...thats what i get out of eddie and blitz's post
any game is abuse bruce...but read the situation guidelines mate. it would be a major inrfaction and as his first it would be a warning. just how it goes.
sure if someone cause absolute chaos with the site then something more extreme can be done. but thats not the case here
BUT IF the evidence turns out to that blitz is in the wrong then he would more than likely only get a warning.


When this problem hit my tournament I thought it was an isolated instance...but since then I've heard tons of stories. This is not a case of mistakenly joining games in one or two tournaments... this is starting to look like a deliberate campaign.


This alone warrants deeper investigation doesn't it?


lol so join up to loads of tourney games and deadbeating them is not causing absolute chaos in them tourneys

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:29 am
by lordhaha
greenoaks wrote:i'm sure Blitz would be ok with it as he could then start a new top 5

fastest 5 to return to Conquerer after a point reset
1. Blitzaholic
2. daylight


he also will have top 5 for most replies/views of a cheating thread :roll: We really should not be giving him any more ideas for silly threads ;)

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:35 pm
by HannibaƂ
Glad I finnaly saw this thread. I have been thinking something was up for a while also. Jobiwan is CONSTANTLY carried around like a pet by blitz in a TON of his games, and he's taking all of his turns? Shouldn't that be a crime in itself, we all know he carries him around to gain more points from victories.

Also this jobiwan constantly joins tournaments and deadbeats turns/invitation. Its a real pain in the ass.

I understand the big boys of this site get a lot of leaniancy but can't we atleast lock jobiwan from games? He's obviously inactive..



Also greenoaks post is HILLARIOUS.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:46 pm
by leolou2
Hold on all I was asked to help with Jobiwan's turns and stated so in game chat , I'm the one that joined him up in invites as I did not know he was not going to show up and they looked important to him. That being said Blitz ask me if Jobi had played any games and not to join anymore games for him, and my reply was no I have been playing them and that is when I quit joining games for him and only play the ones that he was or is in with us. So if anyone but Jobi deserves any foul called on them its me. Now eddie you should say your sorry to Blitz and anyone else involved with this against Blitz.

Re: jobiwan blitzaholic (updated)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:12 pm
by patrickaa317
leolou2 wrote:Hold on all I was asked to help with Jobiwan's turns and stated so in game chat , I'm the one that joined him up in invites as I did not know he was not going to show up and they looked important to him. That being said Blitz ask me if Jobi had played any games and not to join anymore games for him, and my reply was no I have been playing them and that is when I quit joining games for him and only play the ones that he was or is in with us. So if anyone but Jobi deserves any foul called on them its me. Now eddie you should say your sorry to Blitz and anyone else involved with this against Blitz.



This seems to get fishier as time goes on. Now all of a sudden leolou2 comes out and tries to take all the blame? Blitz admitted to accepting invites in earlier posts but now Leo is saying it was all him.

Perhaps everything is normal. Or perhaps there is more players involved other than just Jobi & Blitz?

I know Blitz is a helluva player and doesn't need to "cheat" to get to the top but something a little shady seems to be going on recently.