Conquer Club

Blitzaholic, Jobiwan -- Redux

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Blitzaholic, Jobiwan -- Redux

Postby Leehar on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:25 am

"March 28th - 31st: Blitzaholic and Leolou2 started to post in game chats about Sitting for Jobiwan's account."
"Game 8636604 [Regular Quads] 2011-03-19 18:00:06 - initialized
[Leolou2 & Blitzaholic game chat posts about sitting]"

:?: :?:

And Bones, it does have a lot to do with Team game sitting tho (Because teammates are dependent upon their partner making turns), and since clans is where most team games occur...
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby KraphtOne on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:42 am

It is very comforting to know that this was given its due attention and a fairly suitable punishment was issued...

In so many of these cases there will be an instance where although every intelligent person viewing the facts can see that an abuse is occurring, it becomes frustrating that (at times) cases are swept under the rug instead of being given their due attention in order to avoid a site changing decision...

The right conclusion was made... Well done...

Very refreshing, perhaps the times they are a changin
Last edited by KraphtOne on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby pearljamrox2 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:58 am

pearljamrox2 wrote:Yo Blitz, nice of you to stop by.

For the sake of having a conversation, I'll pretend I believe everything you've said is true.

Do you realize, that when you invited Jobi to your games, then took his password, logged on and accepted your invites, and then when Jobi never came around so you had to play all his turns in those games you accepted him to, that you really screwed up?

Do you realize that by controlling the entire process of joining and playing out a game without the original account holder involved at all, even though it wasn't your supposed intention, is essential running a multi?

Do you realize, that when you are THE CONQUEROR, and this second account is a 500 cook, and you are playing on a conquest map to point rape people, it looks EVEN WORSE.

Do you see how the two infractions go hand in hand? And how you admitted to the first one and were warned, but the second one was somehow overlooked?

Can you see how someone might say, to receive a warning for account sitting abuse, you would think a guy would first have to be account sitting, which you admit, you really weren't too worried about his "other games".

So is that what we have here? You, unknowingly if you want to say that, joined him to your games, and then, unfortunately for you, it turns out his account is dormant, and you unwittingly multi-ed yourself?

From All the Admins wrote: 2. Taking turns with Jobiwan account as a second communal account, in games in which the parties had a stake, to gain a tactical advantage.

>>It is clear that Blitzaholic and Leolou2 went beyond the normal scope of Account Sitting, by joining and playing games from start to finish knowing that Jobiwan would be unable to return, that is, the Account Sitting was not a temporary stopgap measure to maintain the account.

These are points that I was trying to make, and I am satisfied that the admins acknowledged this. I felt very strongly that this distinction needed to be made to the public.

Believe it or not, I have had mixed feelings as to what the punishment should be. I would take no pleasure in seeing Blitz get nailed to a cross(that was for you Robinette :lol: ). I think the punishment is significant enough, while not being too severe or permanent.

I believe the punishment is enough to make someone think twice about their actions, be it Blitz or anyone else. Whether it was his intention or not, it IS what happened.

A big THANK YOU to Andy for giving us all an opportunity to review this matter, and to all the admins who were involved with deliberating. And also some props for having the courage in the face of "witch hunting, lynch mobs" for not taking it too far the other way. In the end, I believe you got it right, and i am happy to move on from this matter.
Major pearljamrox2

Postby Serbia on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:59 pm

I think everyone can be happy with this result. Big props to Andy for re-opening this, and to the entire team for wading through all the evidence and coming up with the most fair result possible.

This is not a "good day" on Conquer Club, but it is good for the community, and the site's reputation, to see that abuse of any kind will NOT be tolerated, and will be dealt with sufficiently, regardless of who's committing the abuse.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Dako on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Glad to have this case resolved.

Thank you Andy ;).
Colonel Dako

Re: Blitzaholic & Jobiwan -- Redux

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone for reopening the case and giving it a second look

From All the Admins wrote:
March 28th - 31st: Blitzaholic and Leolou2 started to post in game chats about Sitting for Jobiwan's account.

--

So I guess this means there was evidence that blitz and/or leo were taking turns throughout March without announcing? I am glad this was revisited then.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby jefjef on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:23 pm

>>This re-investigation, with input from all the Admins, has now led to Blitzaholic receiving disciplinary action for this second Account Sitting Abuse infraction---taking turns and playing games from start to finish to gain a tactical advantage (March 6th - March 28th). This results in Blitzaholic's Second Major/Severe Infraction (being of game-related), thus a 1 Month Website Vacation from Conquer Club.

SO Blitz received TWO account sitting abuse punishments from this one case. :?

Double jeopardy is a new low for you CC.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Johnny Rockets on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Serbia wrote:I think everyone can be happy with this result. Big props to Andy for re-opening this, and to the entire team for wading through all the evidence and coming up with the most fair result possible.

This is not a "good day" on Conquer Club, but it is good for the community, and the site's reputation, to see that abuse of any kind will NOT be tolerated, and will be dealt with sufficiently, regardless of who's committing the abuse.

Well put.

Thank you admin, hunters, and everyone who posted and followed up on evidence forwarded by the community.
There will always be abuse, cheaters, and those who cheapen a site and system we all enjoy.
It's good to see appropriate action taken towards promoting fairness, justice, and integrity for the community at large.

jefjef wrote:
>>This re-investigation, with input from all the Admins, has now led to Blitzaholic receiving disciplinary action for this second Account Sitting Abuse infraction---taking turns and playing games from start to finish to gain a tactical advantage (March 6th - March 28th). This results in Blitzaholic's Second Major/Severe Infraction (being of game-related), thus a 1 Month Website Vacation from Conquer Club.

If you totaled the individual infractions, took into account the significant time line, and factored in the number of players that were affected in skipped turns and lost points, double jeopardy isn't even close to describing this "conviction".

So sorry your bitter about the outcome. You have a month to give your knee-pads a break.

Johnny Rockets
Code: Select all
http://www.growingyourbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/North-Carolina-Prevention-Project-ad-300x208.jpg
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby Fircoal on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Well I'm glad with this result. Seems to take in all of what was said and give out an appropriate punishment. :3 Good job guys.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:39 pm

Now we only have to ban a few more thousand people until I'm conqueror! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Robinette on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:50 pm

I knew not how this would turn out, but somewhere along the line i knew that it was going to be alright as this transformed into a proper and deliberate investigation for truth... although, i must admit, a small part of me continued to cling to the tiny hope that they would find no egregious transgressions... *sigh*

"All virtue is summed up in dealing justly." -Aristotle
Brigadier Robinette

Postby gannable on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:08 pm

"so sorry your bitter about the outcome. You have a month to give your knee-pads a break."

about sums it up

Blitzaholic is probably laughing his @ss off that so many people worship him over an internet game.

oh my hero is fallen

don't worry I think Blitzaholic will move on and get along fine in his life.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby owenshooter on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:So I guess this means there was evidence that blitz and/or leo were taking turns throughout March without announcing? I am glad this was revisited then.

out of the almost 100 pages posted about this case within the GD and C&A, i don't think this was an issue ever brought up... ha!!! announcing is a courtesy, not a rule... it is obvious you neither read nor followed this case in any of the multiple threads... wow... imagine a one month ban for not announcing in game chat... no, seriously... imagine that.... :roll: :roll: ...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jefjef on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Johnny Rockets wrote:
jefjef wrote:

If you totaled the individual infractions, took into account the significant time line, and factored in the number of players that were affected in skipped turns and lost points, double jeopardy isn't even close to describing this "conviction".

So sorry your bitter about the outcome. You have a month to give your knee-pads a break.

What a cute post. Me bitter? No. Blitzy isn't in my clan or on my friends list.

There have been many complaints and cases here in C&A that had multiple violations and they have always been dealt with as a whole. I do find it interesting/questionable that this case wasn't handled the same way. Seems peer pressure might have strongly influenced the double punishment.

Normally this:
>>Judging from general time lines, we've concluded that two infractions under Account Sitting Abuse have occurred over a duration of time:

1. The joining non-tournament games.
2. Taking turns with Jobiwan account as a second communal account, in games in which the parties had a stake, to gain a tactical advantage.

Would have been:
>>Judging from general time lines, we've concluded that infractions under Account Sitting Abuse have occurred over a duration of time:

1. The joining non-tournament games AND taking turns with Jobiwan account as a second communal account, in games in which the parties had a stake, to gain a tactical advantage

And would have only been the 1st step on the infraction ladder instead of 2.

But I do bet Blitz will never pull that crap ever again...
Last edited by jefjef on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 am

For all we know it may be a verdict that works out to be in Blitz's own interest. Anyone that over a five year period averages 238 new games and 416 posts every month is obviously in need of some redirection away from the singular mindset of topping every achievement on this site.

Now I'm not so brazen as to suggest how someone should spend his time; nevertheless the community that was 'out to get him' may have indirectly helped him get along with his life, and if there's any truth in this then I for one would not be sorry. I'd like to think the majority of us care more about somebody's welfare than they do about results or reputation over a dice game.

For the record, I can't wean myself off this site despite a year of trying and it may be this that shapes my perspective.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby MoB Deadly on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 am

owenshooter wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:So I guess this means there was evidence that blitz and/or leo were taking turns throughout March without announcing? I am glad this was revisited then.

out of the almost 100 pages posted about this case within the GD and C&A, i don't think this was an issue ever brought up... ha!!! announcing is a courtesy, not a rule... it is obvious you neither read nor followed this case in any of the multiple threads... wow... imagine a one month ban for not announcing in game chat... no, seriously... imagine that.... :roll: :roll: ...-the black jesus

Ok forget without announcing. but yeah this is something I just recently realized that they were taking his turns for about a full month. I thought it was just a couple weeks where jobiwan was in limbo and still sporadically taking turns. That certainly changes my perspective and I definitely agree with the verdict
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:53 am

Good decision.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:39 am

I would like to thank admin and all the hunters for revisiting at the blitz case. It has shown that admin are willing to revisiting a case when players don't understand the results. a big round of =D> =D> for them.

also i would like to thank mainly chariot of fire and fruitcake and others for helping get all the games info to the hunters and admin. =D> =D> justice has been served for the abuse of someones account while absent from site for a extended period.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby HardAttack on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:57 am

Leave em alone :lol:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:03 am

king achilles wrote:

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for my "local police station" remark

It would be nice, if you also apologised for not investigating the case properly in the first instance as well. the local police station remark is pretty much a standard shitty response from you. Your attitude towards paying customers is why my colonel icon is now blue.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:12 am

Pedronicus wrote:
king achilles wrote:

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for my "local police station" remark

It would be nice, if you also apologised for not investigating the case properly in the first instance as well. the local police station remark is pretty much a standard shitty response from you. Your attitude towards paying customers is why my colonel icon is now blue.

Pedronicus give him a break please. i think he was getting enough in the e tickets and that post was letting off steam a little bit. i will guess it was king a and andy that reopened the case together. and the right thing has been done in the end. i am sure king a would take it back we all blow our lids every now and then. and don't forget the usual suspects that caused the original c and a report to be blocked so we could not produce all the evidence.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby Pedronicus on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:27 am

Eddie, K A had nothing to do with having the case re opened.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby Fruitcake on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:35 am

Is there any reason why the title does not have the usual [xxxxx] with the finding?

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby owenshooter on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:22 am

Fruitcake wrote:Is there any reason why the title does not have the usual [xxxxx] with the finding?

i was wondering the same thing, and wondering if there will be a mod edit to add asterisks in the "top" threads...-the black fruitcake
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:27 am

has nobody else thought how sus it is rabitron comes back just after blitz was removed from conquerer his last game was 29th december.Game 7990747 and his wall was said to be deactive by foxglove on the 30 jan thats 3 months difference of not being on site.

Click image to enlarge.

i do hope this was not one of his sitters starting a game to get him on top.
Lieutenant eddie2

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports