Conquer Club

Commander62890 [1 month ban]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Commander62890

Postby Master Chief on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:18 pm

It would be helpful if you could make it so that Commander can talk to us again. We are in many tourneys together, and one that is just starting. I had to ask the guy in charge of the tourney for an extension to have our maps and settings sorted out until Commander can get in touch with us. It's not only causing problems for those of us who are in games with him, but for other people that have to make exceptions due to Commander's inability to communicate.

Thanks,

MC
Highest place: 11th in 2006
Highest score: 2866 in 2011
Highest rank: Colonel in 2006
Major Master Chief

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:55 pm

This is a little bit off topic (sorry) but I am in Commander's quads by rail tourney and requested a substitution. Unfortunately he didn't see it prior to sending invites so our games are missing a player. With his account being frozen, I'm guessing a sitter can't invite a player to these games and he never sent the game pw out, just invites.

If someone can do this or help with this, it'd keep his tourney moving along.

Game #'s are
8911067 - which i just accidentally dropped while trying to get the game number :oops: So I'll need a reinvite as well... 8-[

Seechster is the player that should be invited.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:40 pm

rbelgrod wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:Long playing history between rbelgrod & Hannibal. And yes....a lot of wall posts.

and to get the record straight, i played 452 results on 5 pages:with hannible in my 20674 games played, i wonder how many i played with others....hmmmm

Sorry if you felt this was an attempt to implicate you. It was not, and I don't believe you are guilty of any wrongdoing. I simply posted info that 'connected some dots' so to speak, as there are events which took place that link three people who are all involved in this case - yourself, Hannibal and Commander - and as such it is worth checking every possibility. It may even have served to jog your own memory in the event you had given Hannibal your p/w (for instance).

Commander PM'd you his p/w. You have had a long history of playing with Hannibal. There are umpteen posts from you on Hannibal's wall just recently. Hannibal is the one who gained the most from Commander's account abuse. So you can see the chain of association and it therefore warranted a mention in my opinion, that's all.

Same goes for an earlier post of mine:

There is a user called BlueBell who joined the site just 9 days ago. He/she keeps revisiting this thread whenever there is a new post (odd for a newbie). This user's flag appears as 'Anonymous Proxy'. Suspicious much?

Result? BlueBell turned out to be a banned multi.

So in cases such as this there's always room for any evidence, however right or wrong it turns out to be. Cheers
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Squirly on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:43 pm

I play team games with Commander, rbel and pasc but no one thought to share their pw's with me.

hmmm.

This sux for Mr Commander, he's a good dude. Hope they catch the SOB
General Squirly

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Squirly wrote:This sux for Mr Commander, he's a good dude. Hope they catch the SOB

Agreed.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby phantomzero on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Both Commander and Hannibal have the Croatia flag right now? Seemed strange to me, but I'm sure one of his real sitters could be from Croatia.
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:05 pm

phantomzero wrote:Both Commander and Hannibal have the Croatia flag right now? Seemed strange to me, but I'm sure one of his real sitters could be from Croatia.

Commander changed his pw once this whole thing started, probably just a coincidence.

pimphawks70 wrote:Hey guys, Commander here. I've been on for a few hours, but couldn't post. I just realized I could log in as Pimp and post. Duh.

Luckily, whoever did this did not change my password. Once I logged on, I immediately changed it.

An E-Ticket has been sent; hopefully it all gets worked out before I leave tomorrow.

1) Hey, BYR! I saw your chat while playing in that game, but I could not post in chat. Not sure what Jefjef is talking about.
Also, no need to stall in our games. I'm on now and have changed my password.
2) He suicided in 10-15 team games. I don't care much about the point-dump, but that's fucked up. Fucking asshole.
3) Yes, it's true... I gave out my password to Rbel, Pasc, and Chief last night. Therefore, if my account was not legitimately "hacked," I believe it was one of their sitters who did this. Those 3 could not have done it, but I don't know who has their passwords...
4) The 10-15 games were suicided between 9:04 and 9:11 this morning.
That probably doesn't help; just thought I'd mention it.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby jackal31 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:32 pm

phantomzero wrote:Both Commander and Hannibal have the Croatia flag right now? Seemed strange to me, but I'm sure one of his real sitters could be from Croatia.

yes, its coincidence I'm sure......a THOTA member is from there and we (THOTA members) now have his password to cover for him. He also has changed it once again.
Please stop with the accusations. I dont want to point fingers at Hannibal. Let the mods work on it, theres no reason to falsely accuse anyone.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby owenshooter on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:41 pm

jackal31 wrote:

yes, its coincidence I'm sure......a THOTA member is from there and we (THOTA members) now have his password to cover for him. He also has changed it once again.
Please stop with the accusations. I dont want to point fingers at Hannibal. Let the mods work on it, theres no reason to falsely accuse anyone.

how was that post falsely accusing anyone? wow... i just don't even understand why you come off as so defensive and as an apologist for anyone that is in C&A, even if it is a valid issue... wow... i just don't get it...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:21 pm

"josko for Commander" ;)
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby jackal31 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 pm

owenshooter wrote:
jackal31 wrote:

Please stop with the accusations. I dont want to point fingers at Hannibal. Let the mods work on it, theres no reason to falsely blindly accuse anyone.

how was that post falsely accusing anyone? wow... i just don't even understand why you come off as so defensive and as an apologist for anyone that is in C&A, even if it is a valid issue... wow... i just don't get it...-the black jesus

Is that better. Everyone is so quick to point a finger without using any logic anymore. "oh look, that person has the same flag as 20 other people on CC, must be a multi/hacker/etc"...just doesnt make sense.
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby pascalleke on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:18 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:

"josko for Commander" ;)

:lol: this rings a bell to me ;)

and as i can see it hannibal is only " guilty " on farming on commander while he knew at a certain moment he was hacked

isnt there a need for a ruling for the future ?
Sergeant pascalleke

Postby OzBloke on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:18 am

pascalleke wrote:
and as i can see it hannibal is only " guilty " on farming on commander while he knew at a certain moment he was hacked

isnt there a need for a ruling for the future ?

I would be very disappointed if after this fiasco, Hannibal was let off without a point deduction. He did the wrong thing blatantly, and so far, it's the only wrong doing that's proven with this situation.
Major OzBloke

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:30 am

can a thota member read this thing again.

jackal31 wrote:Also, I apologize for shooting from the hip on the accusations, but the 3 of you (MC, Rbel, and Pasc) are not in THOTA and Comm didnt leave the pw in the post in the THOTA thread.

there is something that is really bugging me with this statement has his post been edited because you are all jumping up saying what commander is like. So it seems to me why send this pm.

Sent: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 am
To: Master Chief pascalleke rbelgrod
Hey guys, I'm going on a mini-vacation to Virginia Beach (and William & Mary college) with some friends.

I'll be gone from Wednesday at 5 am to Saturday or early Sunday.

THOTA players will hopefully be taking my turns. However, as a precaution, I'm giving you guys my password. Please try to state "blah blah for Comm," at least in team chat.

in here he says thota members will be sitting for him. but you say he did not give his password to anybody. What brings this into ? is the fact that thota have always prided themselves in being the closest bunch of clan players so why would commander give his password to 3 non clan members and not give it to his clan members.
Captain eddie2

Postby jackal31 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:03 am

Eddie....people do make mistakes you know. Comm is human. And he did get THOTA his new/changed password AFTER this whole thing went down.

edit: I think I understand what you're saying. You want to know why he would give out his pw to people not in THOTA but make a post in THOTA without his pw. That is because we have already shared pw's in the past. So there is no reason to post it again for those that already have it. However, I dont have his anymore, and I am not sure about the rest of THOTA. So if it were me, I would have made sure to get it to them once again. I didnt have his pw on record and with it not being posted, there is no way for me to access the account. Again, I cannot speak for everyone in THOTA, we do not keep an active thread of pw's on hand.
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby General Mojo on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 am

jackal31 wrote:Eddie....people do make mistakes you know. Comm is human. And he did get THOTA his new/changed password AFTER this whole thing went down.

edit: I think I understand what you're saying. You want to know why he would give out his pw to people not in THOTA but make a post in THOTA without his pw. That is because we have already shared pw's in the past. So there is no reason to post it again for those that already have it. However, I dont have his anymore, and I am not sure about the rest of THOTA. So if it were me, I would have made sure to get it to them once again. I didnt have his pw on record and with it not being posted, there is no way for me to access the account. Again, I cannot speak for everyone in THOTA, we do not keep an active thread of pw's on hand.

Wait...is Commander in thota? Are you? I can't tell from any of your dozens of posts.....
Brigadier General Mojo

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:19 am

jackal31 wrote:Eddie....people do make mistakes you know. Comm is human. And he did get THOTA his new/changed password AFTER this whole thing went down.

has his post been edited ??????? that means the hacker had deleted the password. meaning a thota member could of had it,.
Captain eddie2

Postby David_Wain on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:42 am

Hey Eddie just checked our forum. No the post wasn't edited. His post was simply stating hey guys I am going away next week or w/e will u guys be able to help cover me. Basically finding out who would be happy to help and I assume his plan would of been to send the password the day before leaving. Why he then gave his password to 3 non THOTA members I am not 100% sure.. prob because they are his friends and he trusted them and at the time no one had replied to his thread in the THOTA forum so he was prob concerned people wouldn't be able to cover. Of course the reality would of simply been people not checked the forum yet or unsure if they could cover.
Captain David_Wain

Postby eddie2 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:47 am

David_Wain wrote:Hey Eddie just checked our forum. No the post wasn't edited. His post was simply stating hey guys I am going away next week or w/e will u guys be able to help cover me. Basically finding out who would be happy to help and I assume his plan would of been to send the password the day before leaving. Why he then gave his password to 3 non THOTA members I am not 100% sure.. prob because they are his friends and he trusted them and at the time no one had replied to his thread in the THOTA forum so he was prob concerned people wouldn't be able to cover. Of course the reality would of simply been people not checked the forum yet or unsure if they could cover.

ok that rules that out then. thanks david was just niggling my brain.
Captain eddie2

Postby Master Chief on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:48 pm

So you're saying that it was a mistake for Commander to give his password to 3 non clan members? Just because we aren't in blessed THOTA doesn't mean that we don't have his trust. We've played many games with him and he's grown to trust our judgment. He trusts us, that is why he gave us his password. None of us used it, because we all were afraid of exactly this happening, THOTA would come in saying "OMG THEY'RE NOT IN THOTA!!!".

I repeat: It was not a mistake that Commander gave us his password. He admitted that he gave it to us, it wasn't someone else. He did it out of trust.

David_Wain wrote:Why he then gave his password to 3 non THOTA members I am not 100% sure.. prob because they are his friends and he trusted them and at the time no one had replied to his thread in the THOTA forum so he was prob concerned people wouldn't be able to cover. Of course the reality would of simply been people not checked the forum yet or unsure if they could cover.

Yes. Exactly. He wanted to ensure that his games were covered. We are in so many games with him, some of which are tourney games, that he wanted to make sure that the 3 of us had his password, just in case THOTA couldn't cover for him. It wasn't out of spite, or a mistake, it was because he didn't want to somehow miss a turn.
Major Master Chief

Postby jackal31 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Master Chief wrote:

So you're saying that it was a mistake for Commander to give his password to 3 non clan members? Just because we aren't in blessed THOTA doesn't mean that we don't have his trust. We've played many games with him and he's grown to trust our judgment. He trusts us, that is why he gave us his password. None of us used it, because we all were afraid of exactly this happening, THOTA would come in saying "OMG THEY'RE NOT IN THOTA!!!".

I repeat: It was not a mistake that Commander gave us his password. He admitted that he gave it to us, it wasn't someone else. He did it out of trust.

David_Wain wrote:Why he then gave his password to 3 non THOTA members I am not 100% sure.. prob because they are his friends and he trusted them and at the time no one had replied to his thread in the THOTA forum so he was prob concerned people wouldn't be able to cover. Of course the reality would of simply been people not checked the forum yet or unsure if they could cover.

Yes. Exactly. He wanted to ensure that his games were covered. We are in so many games with him, some of which are tourney games, that he wanted to make sure that the 3 of us had his password, just in case THOTA couldn't cover for him. It wasn't out of spite, or a mistake, it was because he didn't want to somehow miss a turn.

MC....it has already been written by someone else that certain clans create guidlines where its members dont give out their pw beyond their clanmates. THOTA also takes practice in that. It has nothing personal to do with you, Pasc, or Rbel. I'm sure he has a great friendship, and it was just an oversight (to the guideline) as to giving you his pw. I think you're making this more than it should be.

chewie1 wrote:In our clan we have a strict rule that only clan mates can account sit.

Chariot of Fire wrote:Giving out a password to non-clan members who themselves have sitters - unknown to you - with access to their account (and mailbox) is simply courting disaster.Commander is a smart chap and an extremely nice guy, but sending out that PM was incredibly naive and risky. I would go mental if anyone in TOFU ever gave his password to a third party.

I think these 2 quotes stated from earlier in the thread are all that need to be repeated. So please dont take this personally, MC. It doesnt need to travel that road.
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:49 pm

OK guys some PM's will be going out tonight.

Keep it on topic not about who lets who have their PW or what each clans policy is on PW.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby pimphawks70 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:11 am

Hey, guys.

I'm back. Still disabled. No word on the progress of the search.

- Commander
Brigadier pimphawks70

Postby pascalleke on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:15 am

pimphawks70 wrote:Hey, guys.

- Commander

we miss u and ur briljant remarks ingame :(
Sergeant pascalleke

Postby Master Chief on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:17 am

pimphawks70 wrote:Hey, guys.

- Commander

I've been wondering, are you pimphawks? Are you hacking his account? :D

Seriously though, we miss you. It's not the same in our games. No one uses the game chat anymore since you're the only one we ever talked to. We hate each other. You are what held us together! PASCAL IS AN ASS!

Sorry Semp. I'm not going to randomly pm pimphawks just to talk to Commander. If you want me to stop posting, let me talk to Commander again. :)

I'll try to stop posting though. O:)
Major Master Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports