Commander62890 [1 month ban]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Commander62890

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 pm

Big Yuma Ripper wrote:No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:


Considering this happened the moment he goes away and gives his password to a bunch of people, I really doubt this is an instance of someone "guessing" his password.
User avatar
Major Bones2484
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA (G1)
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: Commander62890

Postby pascalleke on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Big Yuma Ripper wrote:No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:


Considering this happened the moment he goes away and gives his password to a bunch of people, I really doubt this is an instance of someone "guessing" his password.

3 is a bunch ? wow and 4 is a crowd ? :lol:

lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?
User avatar
Major pascalleke
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:26 am
Location: heikant
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (20) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 pm

pascalleke wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
Big Yuma Ripper wrote:No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:


Considering this happened the moment he goes away and gives his password to a bunch of people, I really doubt this is an instance of someone "guessing" his password.

3 is a bunch ? wow and 4 is a crowd ? :lol:

lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?


Plus whoever in THOTA he gave it to like has already been mentioned?

I really don't see a witchhunt and wild goose chase going on. Calm down.
User avatar
Major Bones2484
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA (G1)
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: Commander62890

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:56 pm

pascalleke wrote:lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?


First time in C&A?
Image
User avatar
Major drunkmonkey
 
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (9)

Re: Commander62890

Postby nagerous on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
pascalleke wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
Big Yuma Ripper wrote:No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:


Considering this happened the moment he goes away and gives his password to a bunch of people, I really doubt this is an instance of someone "guessing" his password.

3 is a bunch ? wow and 4 is a crowd ? :lol:

lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?


Plus whoever in THOTA he gave it to like has already been mentioned?

I really don't see a witchhunt and wild goose chase going on. Calm down.


WHOA! Enough of the accusations! ;)

Out of interest, did you say commander posted his password directly in the THOTA usergroup as well as PMing it to a few players, because if so it could have been anyone who has access to someones password in THOTA.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant nagerous
 
Posts: 8040
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:09 pm

nagerous wrote:Out of interest, did you say commander posted his password directly in the THOTA usergroup as well as PMing it to a few players, because if so it could have been anyone who has access to someones password in THOTA.


No, I believe Jackal said that he asked for help in the THOTA forum but did not attach a password to the message. So he probably passed it on to THOTA members who offered to help in a private message.

I'm sure Jackal or Yuma could fill in the gaps in my knowledge on the THOTA forum happenings, though.
User avatar
Major Bones2484
 
Posts: 2308
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA (G1)
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Chewie1 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
nagerous wrote:Out of interest, did you say commander posted his password directly in the THOTA usergroup as well as PMing it to a few players, because if so it could have been anyone who has access to someones password in THOTA.


No, I believe Jackal said that he asked for help in the THOTA forum but did not attach a password to the message. So he probably passed it on to THOTA members who offered to help in a private message.

I'm sure Jackal or Yuma could fill in the gaps in my knowledge on the THOTA forum happenings, though.


In our clan we have a strict rule that only clan mates can account sit.(due to some hacking that went on before i was a clan member into the clan ny a non clan member who sat for a clan member :o )
So I'm guessing that Thota members only can view their forum?
Image
User avatar
Captain Chewie1
 
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Big Yuma Ripper wrote:No eddie....passwords can be guessed, figured out and hacked.... :roll:


Considering this happened the moment he goes away and gives his password to a bunch of people, I really doubt this is an instance of someone "guessing" his password.



My point was that there are other ways passwords can be had.....never said that DID happen
Image
User avatar
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:09 pm
Location: Tennessee....
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
nagerous wrote:Out of interest, did you say commander posted his password directly in the THOTA usergroup as well as PMing it to a few players, because if so it could have been anyone who has access to someones password in THOTA.


No, I believe Jackal said that he asked for help in the THOTA forum but did not attach a password to the message. So he probably passed it on to THOTA members who offered to help in a private message.

I'm sure Jackal or Yuma could fill in the gaps in my knowledge on the THOTA forum happenings, though.



It was exactly like Jackal posted, he asked for help but left no password in the forums...
Image
User avatar
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:09 pm
Location: Tennessee....
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Master Chief on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:22 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
pascalleke wrote:lets all wait till the abuse and cheat crew come with some answers instead of this witchhunt and wild goose chase ?


First time in C&A?


First time using his big boy English words. :)
Highest place: 11th in 2006
Highest score: 2866 in 2011
Highest rank: Colonel in 2006

Image
User avatar
Major Master Chief
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:46 pm
Location: Virginia
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (11)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Enough is enough. No more finger pointing, no more it couldn't have been from my account. Next one who posts without adding something pertinent to this thread will get a warning or what ever is the next step according to their history.

Commander62890 you filed a e-ticket there is no reason to use the account of someone else to post in the forum.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 7043
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:50 pm
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (11)

Re: Commander62890

Postby jackal31 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Darwins_Bane wrote:I have a screenshot of him online, i can post it if needed after I'm done my exam.


I never understood why people think that posting a screenshot of someone online would actually do anything? It provides no evidence that the hunters can use to figure out WHO is online for the player.

Regardless, you can see the last time he was online merely by looking at his profile and accomplish the same thing as a screenshot: Commander62890. Which just happens to be right now.


the only reason I posted I dont have the shot, and that it just happened 2 minutes ago (at that time), is because my post would have a time stamp, so they can look for the IP in comparison to that mark.

Also, I apologize for shooting from the hip on the accusations, but the 3 of you (MC, Rbel, and Pasc) are not in THOTA and Comm didnt leave the pw in the post in the THOTA thread. I understand it is possible that another person, in some way, may have done this dasterdly deed.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
User avatar
Colonel jackal31
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Michigan
Medals: 87
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Commander62890

Postby Mageplunka69 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 pm

jackal31 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:
Darwins_Bane wrote:I have a screenshot of him online, i can post it if needed after I'm done my exam.


I never understood why people think that posting a screenshot of someone online would actually do anything? It provides no evidence that the hunters can use to figure out WHO is online for the player.

Regardless, you can see the last time he was online merely by looking at his profile and accomplish the same thing as a screenshot: Commander62890. Which just happens to be right now.


the only reason I posted I dont have the shot, and that it just happened 2 minutes ago (at that time), is because my post would have a time stamp, so they can look for the IP in comparison to that mark.

Also, I apologize for shooting from the hip on the accusations, but the 3 of you (MC, Rbel, and Pasc) are not in THOTA and Comm didnt leave the pw in the post in the THOTA thread. I understand it is possible that another person, in some way, may have done this dasterdly deed.

I understand as well, sorry to post again, but i accept ur apology......they will find out who it is, and i hope they fry em...commander is a great guy and does not deserve this shit
User avatar
Major Mageplunka69
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: Intercourse Pennsylvania
Medals: 84
Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: Commander62890

Postby sonicsteve on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:02 am

If the hunters catch someone for this, can Commander be given a point reset (UPWARDS) to his score immediately before the hacking incident?
Image
User avatar
Major sonicsteve
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:21 am
Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: Commander62890

Postby pimphawks70 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 am

sonicsteve wrote:If the hunters catch someone for this, can Commander be given a point reset (UPWARDS) to his score immediately before the hacking incident?

Probably not. And, to be honest, I don't care about this at all.

All I care about now is being restored as soon as possible, because I (or my THOTA sitters, since I'm going away today) cannot post in game chat. This is hurting my teammates, and they shouldn't have to suffer for this. Not cool.

Evil Semp, I hope you can be lenient with me. It appears the E-Ticket will take longer than I expected to work itself out.

See you all on Sunday.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier pimphawks70
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:21 am
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login