Conquer Club

New Point Dumping Disciplinary Procedures

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: New Point Dumping Disciplinary Procedures

Postby SirSebstar on Thu May 26, 2011 9:02 am

I have not lost 100 points in a game... yet..., but i do think i once lost more then 50...
so yea, its a bit of a joke. Although the great-ollie case does show low can be enough.. And that was the question after all.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby eddie2 on Sun May 29, 2011 7:41 am

lol you can ask most of live chat people. i was 5 points off my hat went chasing it and dropped 700 points in 3 days on speeders. i was not point dumping but what has been said above it could of been classed like it. i ussually cover 10 or 15 speeders a day like most regulars that play in my time range and great ollie is one of them.
Major eddie2

Postby SirSebstar on Mon May 30, 2011 3:54 am

yes indeed no
well maybe then

I guess eddie wants to report himself for pointdumping?
Major SirSebstar

Postby Ace Rimmer on Mon May 30, 2011 4:25 pm

SirSebstar wrote:I guess eddie wants to report himself for pointdumping?

I hear you'll get a forum ban for that.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby hicksy 15 on Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Self-reportation.
Cook hicksy 15

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:56 am

hicksy 15 wrote:Self-reportation.

more like spurrious report
Major SirSebstar

Postby hicksy 15 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:58 pm

they giving themselves up to see if it will reduce the punishment, but it won't
Cook hicksy 15

Postby ljex on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
jakewilliams wrote:Please clarify on how many points need to be lost before you are found guilty of point dumping. Is it a certain amount of points in a certain timeframe, or collectively over your CC life? I'd like clarification on this since it is vague.

If When they find you guilty, you crossed the line...I suggest 60 points and 3-5 games, or more....

hahaha come on you are better than that...he is clearly talking about something completely different than you
Major ljex

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:11 am

ljex wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
jakewilliams wrote:Please clarify on how many points need to be lost before you are found guilty of point dumping. Is it a certain amount of points in a certain timeframe, or collectively over your CC life? I'd like clarification on this since it is vague.

If When they find you guilty, you crossed the line...I suggest 60 points and 3-5 games, or more....

hahaha come on you are better than that...he is clearly talking about something completely different than you

I took it literally. Since if its sarcastic, it serves no point. Vagueness however does serve a point. It is impossible to set all the rules in stone, but in general you know what to expect and where to stay away from.

e.g. it is possible to do 10 freestyle speed games at the same time, but you have to be a special kind of person to be able to hack it. Therefore it is possible to create that many games.

Rules like do not pointdump should be enough. If you really like to live on the line, it is quite possible you will just fall over it. Just so you know Ljex, I am rooting for you in your case. I have viewed 2 of your games, and then some of my own. I have sometimes also just given in(in my early days), however i never had an intention of dropping points, instead i wanted to be able to play more games, but alloted myself only a certain amount of active games. I can see how your stated ambition coupled with giving in where you normally dont/ or wouldn't do that. That looks bad, but i feel it might not equal dumping. However, i do not know all the specifics, i only see 2 games, so i don't really know what i am talking about, but what i saw, i could place. Just your frame of mind was... off for me.
Major SirSebstar

Postby hicksy 15 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:10 am

If you don't know what you are talking about how can you argue against someone?
Cook hicksy 15

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:13 am

hicksy 15 wrote:If you don't know what you are talking about how can you argue against someone?

indeed why post at all if you add nothing
Major SirSebstar

Postby ljex on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:56 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
ljex wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

I took it literally. Since if its sarcastic, it serves no point. Vagueness however does serve a point. It is impossible to set all the rules in stone, but in general you know what to expect and where to stay away from.

e.g. it is possible to do 10 freestyle speed games at the same time, but you have to be a special kind of person to be able to hack it. Therefore it is possible to create that many games.

Rules like do not pointdump should be enough. If you really like to live on the line, it is quite possible you will just fall over it. Just so you know Ljex, I am rooting for you in your case. I have viewed 2 of your games, and then some of my own. I have sometimes also just given in(in my early days), however i never had an intention of dropping points, instead i wanted to be able to play more games, but alloted myself only a certain amount of active games. I can see how your stated ambition coupled with giving in where you normally dont/ or wouldn't do that. That looks bad, but i feel it might not equal dumping. However, i do not know all the specifics, i only see 2 games, so i don't really know what i am talking about, but what i saw, i could place. Just your frame of mind was... off for me.

regardless of your misinterpretation of the statement, your answer was completely wrong. 60 points and 3-5 games is wrong, one could very easily create 3 speed games and then have to leave and lose all of them. It is a case by case basis and it usually takes more than 3-5 games. Beyond that 60 points is meaningless, points are all about who you are playing so they are not an accurate way to penalize point dumping.

also for my case, it would be nice if i would even get a response from the admin. My E-ticket has been open for a week now and not a single response. Anyway whatever they decide is fine with me, either they reverse the decision, don't penalize an innocent person and retain my business in the future, or they keep the current decision and have one less customer. Either way, the current decision is wrong and I can live with a single warning on my record because of some crap decision.

Anyway now lets bring this discussion back to the proper thread in GD as we dont want to get this locked.
Major ljex

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:26 am

Ljex, sit back and read my original statement again please.
Major SirSebstar

Postby hicksy 15 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:48 am

I wonder if we could have judges on here to judge whether you should be punished if it looks like your point-dumping.
Cook hicksy 15

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:55 am

hicksy 15 wrote:I wonder if we could have judges on here to judge whether you should be punished if it looks like your point-dumping.

We do. They're called Multi Hunters and Admins.
Major Night Strike

Postby hicksy 15 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 am

I mean like a jury which could be random people chosen from conquer club which could have the case presented to them and they decide whether the defendant is guilty or not.
Cook hicksy 15

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:23 am

hicksy 15 wrote:I mean like a jury which could be random people chosen from conquer club which could have the case presented to them and they decide whether the defendant is guilty or not.

Why? A majority of users don't post in the forums, and the ones that do, could easily be friends with the accused. The Multi Hunters are good enough.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Dibbun on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:40 am

hicksy 15 wrote:I mean like a jury which could be random people chosen from conquer club which could have the case presented to them and they decide whether the defendant is guilty or not.

I've been a member and moderator on a lot of communities, and the CC team is on the upper end of effectiveness and openness. Don't fix what isn't broken.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby thebest712 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:34 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:

Why? A majority of users don't post in the forums, and the ones that do, could easily be friends with the accused. The Multi Hunters are good enough.

multi hunter can also be easily friend of the accesed
Major thebest712

Postby Karl_R_Kroenen on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:10 am

thebest712 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

multi hunter can also be easily friend of the accesed

True but in several recent high profile cases, the C&A moderator or MH bowed out of the case(s) as not to bias any judgment or outcome. Allegiance must be with Team CC or the moderator should give up his/her colors...
Sergeant 1st Class Karl_R_Kroenen

Postby corkscrew on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:16 am

demonfork - dumper, im not doing the dirt or job for you
Private corkscrew

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports