Ratings Abuse - Dibbun [warned]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Ratings Abuse - Dibbun

Postby BoganGod on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:19 am

Dibbun wrote:
IR1SH ACE wrote:is it possible for the mods to remove the ability for a member to make any sort of post? (Game Chat, Forums, PM's, Wall)....

Cause this guy is a prime candidate for such a ruling........the worst attitude I hav ever come across on this site...

and ur claimin to be a veteran :o , I had u down for the wrong side of puberty.

Seriously, are you writing this from your cell phone? Run this through a gibberish-to-English translator.

basic, if you want to bitch about me calling you a noob, my wall is open. This thread is not the place for it - it is not pertinent to anything.

Yes then you'll report him for stalking you, and harassing you on your wall. You hypocrite.

burninchaoz has a question on his wall from the accused asking why the 3star rating........ According to the ratings guidelines 3star is average. There is nothing about the accuseds play, win percentage, rank, posts or intelligence(no dibon I'm not calling you a retard, so please don't embarrass yourself by making yet another spurious accusation in C&A) which is above average, 3star is probably a generous rating. I'm sorry that your picked on so much in your real life and you feel so powerless that you have to act in such a nonsensical high handed, rude and such nasty way on an internet game site. Pity will only go so far. You stay on foe, as I can't bear to see such a poisonous level of self absorption. It is sad that parents work so hard to give their preteen children all the material goods like computers and unlimited or policed internet access. When the children as acutely evident in this budding little narcissistic latch key kid just need boundaries, discipline and love.
Major BoganGod

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:03 am

I also received all 1-star ratings from Dibbun with a tag of "Complainer". We played 4 8-player escalating games together, one of which I won. I did complain about dropping 3 out of my 4 regions in the drought in a Dust Bowl game, but wasn't rude about it.

My other "complaint" was:
2011-04-17 19:48:15 - drunkmonkey: 27 to kill 15 and lost

I'll sometimes leave that sort of chat in escalating games so the next guy doesn't think I went on a suicide mission when he opens the map & sees just a few troops left near me. But I understand. I'll accept the "Complainer" tag in this case. But I don't believe that warranted a 1-star rating for Game Play & Fair Play as well.

I had just FAMO'd this kid, but since there's already a report, I'll contribute my piece.
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:32 am

IR1SH ACE wrote:I have nothing new to add here I think the evidence speaks for its self....

I strongly suspect that Dibbun has had an account here b4 and like eddie has said probably has moved in the last few months and probably no way the mods can check that...

but just to throw it out there...

Dibbun: Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:42 pm .....

within 48 hours had already started his first thread....

Can I turn off chat?...Thread started: 14, 2011 12:42 am

And then 48 hours later opened ur first C&A report....

Darwins_Bane possible script?[cleared]....Thread started: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:06 am

I don't know about anyone else here but I did not even know there was forum pages on this site for about a month of playin, I joined up to play some risk.....seems to me as if Dibbun already knew his way around the site......

Also Dibbun stop been a DICK about the way people chose to type there posts, there are no rules on CC about havin to spell correct or using proper words and punctuation, u are just shownin how much of an cock u really are

It doesn't surprise me that it took you a month to find the forums, not like there's a big Forum tab at the top of the page. Just because some of us have a semblance of intellect doesn't make us a multi. Keep your unfounded accusations to yourself. You call me a dick and a cock and what not, why? Because I will call someone a noob at rate them low if they complain about dice? I think you need to look in the mirror bro and seriously assess why you get so angry and have to call people vulgar names over their behavior in an online site.

BoganGod wrote:
Dibbun wrote:
IR1SH ACE wrote:is it possible for the mods to remove the ability for a member to make any sort of post? (Game Chat, Forums, PM's, Wall)....

Cause this guy is a prime candidate for such a ruling........the worst attitude I hav ever come across on this site...

and ur claimin to be a veteran :o , I had u down for the wrong side of puberty.

Seriously, are you writing this from your cell phone? Run this through a gibberish-to-English translator.

basic, if you want to bitch about me calling you a noob, my wall is open. This thread is not the place for it - it is not pertinent to anything.

Yes then you'll report him for stalking you, and harassing you on your wall. You hypocrite.

burninchaoz has a question on his wall from the accused asking why the 3star rating........ According to the ratings guidelines 3star is average. There is nothing about the accuseds play, win percentage, rank, posts or intelligence(no dibon I'm not calling you a retard, so please don't embarrass yourself by making yet another spurious accusation in C&A) which is above average, 3star is probably a generous rating. I'm sorry that your picked on so much in your real life and you feel so powerless that you have to act in such a nonsensical high handed, rude and such nasty way on an internet game site. Pity will only go so far. You stay on foe, as I can't bear to see such a poisonous level of self absorption. It is sad that parents work so hard to give their preteen children all the material goods like computers and unlimited or policed internet access. When the children as acutely evident in this budding little narcissistic latch key kid just need boundaries, discipline and love.

Burninchaoz apologized and fixed my rating, which is on my wall. Good work on not knowing the whole story. I report people for things that are actual violations, and for all you trolls in this thread, I keep the issue within this forum. More than one of you has taken the issue into another forum or onto my wall, which is just sad. I wish you guys had lives, but I'm not a miracle worker.

drunkmonkey wrote:I also received all 1-star ratings from Dibbun with a tag of "Complainer". We played 4 8-player escalating games together, one of which I won. I did complain about dropping 3 out of my 4 regions in the drought in a Dust Bowl game, but wasn't rude about it.

My other "complaint" was:
2011-04-17 19:48:15 - drunkmonkey: 27 to kill 15 and lost

I'll sometimes leave that sort of chat in escalating games so the next guy doesn't think I went on a suicide mission when he opens the map & sees just a few troops left near me. But I understand. I'll accept the "Complainer" tag in this case. But I don't believe that warranted a 1-star rating for Game Play & Fair Play as well.

I had just FAMO'd this kid, but since there's already a report, I'll contribute my piece.

LOL! So sorry I wouldn't hold your balls for you while you bitch about the dice and try to save face. No one cares about your "dice" issues, learn to play noob.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 am

Dibbun wrote:LOL! So sorry I wouldn't hold your balls for you while you bitch about the dice and try to save face. No one cares about your "dice" issues, learn to play noob.

You didn't defend your ratings at all. Why did you leave me 1 star for gameplay & fair play? For instance, I left you 1 star on gameplay because you're an awful player who attacks randomly in escalating games, getting you knocked out early in most of them. 1 star on fair play for the same reason - it's not fair to the players who happen to fall in the path of your suicide missions. I think 1 star on attitude speaks for itself.

Your turn.
Major drunkmonkey

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (10)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Fair Play 1 star:

Fair Play: Covers suiciding, secret alliance suspicion, breaking or respecting alliances, chivalry, etc..

Game 8826369
2011-04-06 13:53:01 - drunkmonkey: what an amazing drop!
2011-04-06 13:53:13 - drunkmonkey: 3/4 regions in the drought
2011-04-06 13:53:20 - drunkmonkey: gg
2011-04-07 13:02:30 - Gillipig: yeah, that must suck :) ! GL especially the drunk monkey he needs it in this one!
2011-04-07 13:14:54 - drunkmonkey: lol...0-4 against a 1
2011-04-07 13:14:58 - drunkmonkey: can I just quit?

You're marginalizing the victory of whoever wins and attempting to save face by explaining away your impending loss by attributing it to chance. Completely unchivalrous.

Gameplay 1 star:

Gameplay: Measures the player's ability to play an enjoyable game (not the player's ability to win). Covers strategy, diplomacy, teamwork, etc...

Game 8826367
2011-04-21 04:24:47 - drunkmonkey: Eddy_26 for monkey
2011-04-22 02:06:18 - drunkmonkey: Eddy again
2011-04-22 06:09:41 - nibotha: Deathwink for nibotha
2011-04-23 01:41:04 - drunkmonkey: and again

Not all that enjoyable when we're not even playing you 25% of the time. That was 3 rounds of a 12 round game.

Game 8826372
011-04-21 20:53:01 - drunkmonkey: Eddy_26 for monkey
2011-04-22 09:03:32 - nibotha: Deathwink for nibotha
2011-04-23 16:43:10 - drunkmonkey: Eddy again
2011-04-24 08:21:11 - killercheez: gg
2011-04-25 00:48:15 - drunkmonkey: frog for monkey
2011-04-25 00:48:20 - drunkmonkey: gg all

Lol I like how he didn't identify himself until after he won the game for you.

But that sitting was irrelevant, you already had the game won by Eddy who sat for you in the 11th round.

show

He completely beat the competition for you with that massive turn, and that was more than worthy of a 1-star for gameplay, since you really had no gameplay that game.

Attitude 1 star:

Attitude: Covers behaviour in chat, foul language, sore losers, gracious winners, "great chatters!", whining about luck, etc...

Game 8826369
2011-04-06 13:53:01 - drunkmonkey: what an amazing drop!
2011-04-06 13:53:13 - drunkmonkey: 3/4 regions in the drought
2011-04-06 13:53:20 - drunkmonkey: gg
2011-04-07 13:02:30 - Gillipig: yeah, that must suck :) ! GL especially the drunk monkey he needs it in this one!
2011-04-07 13:14:54 - drunkmonkey: lol...0-4 against a 1
2011-04-07 13:14:58 - drunkmonkey: can I just quit?
2011-04-08 16:12:39 - nibotha: ouch!
2011-04-08 16:12:43 - nibotha: hf all
2011-04-08 16:12:50 - nibotha: sorry teal :o(
2011-04-12 16:14:49 - Dibbun: yeah if you're just going to cry about drops and dice you probably should just quit

Game 8828567
2011-04-17 17:48:15 - drunkmonkey: 27 to kill 15 and lost
2011-04-17 18:30:39 - Dibbun: noone cares
2011-04-17 18:30:41 - Dibbun: cry more please

Hope this clears things up. If not, let me know.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:25 pm

Lol...1 star rating for visiting relatives. This was...entertaining. Back to the foe list. Have a good day.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Dibbun, how does it feel to be the little whiny bitch here at CC that everyone has foed, you hypocrite.

*pretty sure you deleted your post or something, but anyway you comment on how its a paper hat for me*
- well then lets go bitch, play me! so I can fucking beat that ass! you wouldn't have a chance. A NR that just joined has more balls than you.
Cook ad10r3tr0

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:00 pm

You're in the wrong thread.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:18 pm

jefjef wrote:Dibbun - If you look the rating system has 3 DIFFERENT categories.

Fair play - For cheating/cheap tactics/fairness.

Game play - Strategy/how well played

Attitude - Self explanatory.

You are abusing the system - Whatever you think of someones attitude should not reflect poorly in the other categories - just the attitude one.

Same story with the other categories. If someone is too slow that is more of a game play rating or fair play etc.....

This is an excellent point that I do not believe has been addressed.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:37 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
jefjef wrote:Dibbun - If you look the rating system has 3 DIFFERENT categories.

Fair play - For cheating/cheap tactics/fairness.

Game play - Strategy/how well played

Attitude - Self explanatory.

You are abusing the system - Whatever you think of someones attitude should not reflect poorly in the other categories - just the attitude one.

Same story with the other categories. If someone is too slow that is more of a game play rating or fair play etc.....

This is an excellent point that I do not believe has been addressed.

Then you did not read this post? viewtopic.php?p=3257239#p3257239
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:54 pm

I've seen many posts in here that have nothing to do with Dibbun's ratings. I'm going to ask you all to stay on topic.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 pm

I don't know about you all, but when a game is over, especially when I'm the last eliminated, I rarely go and reload the game to see if someone wrote gg. Of course, it's nice when someone has, but I'm not about to get all anal about whether or not someone writes it.

Now what I don't understand is apparently this dual meaning of "chivalry" here. On one hand, telling the other player they played a good game before you eliminate them is somehow "bad", but not saying anything to them is better?

It's like if a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around do you hear it? Likewise, when you type gg after you eliminated everyone, what are the odds that they see it? And really, who cares when you type gg?

Slightly OT here....

You ever seen professional starcraft players? They're typing gg as fast as they can before the game even begins. I can see how that might be rude or unchivalrous, but letting the other players know they played a good game 1 or two turns before the end shouldn't be damning you to a 1 star rating.
Captain safariguy5

Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby drunkmonkey on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I don't know about you all, but when a game is over, especially when I'm the last eliminated, I rarely go and reload the game to see if someone wrote gg. Of course, it's nice when someone has, but I'm not about to get all anal about whether or not someone writes it.

Now what I don't understand is apparently this dual meaning of "chivalry" here. On one hand, telling the other player they played a good game before you eliminate them is somehow "bad", but not saying anything to them is better?

It's like if a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around do you hear it? Likewise, when you type gg after you eliminated everyone, what are the odds that they see it? And really, who cares when you type gg?

Slightly OT here....

You ever seen professional starcraft players? They're typing gg as fast as they can before the game even begins. I can see how that might be rude or unchivalrous, but letting the other players know they played a good game 1 or two turns before the end shouldn't be damning you to a 1 star rating.

"gg" doesn't mean "I beat you, sucker. Give up." It means "[you played a] good game". It's a chivalrous gesture no matter when it's said. Everyone except the accused gets that, and I don't know that it's worth trying to explain it to him. Maybe when he grows up he'll understand.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:56 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I don't know about you all, but when a game is over, especially when I'm the last eliminated, I rarely go and reload the game to see if someone wrote gg. Of course, it's nice when someone has, but I'm not about to get all anal about whether or not someone writes it.

Slightly OT here....

"gg" doesn't mean "I beat you, sucker. Give up." It means "[you played a] good game". It's a chivalrous gesture no matter when it's said. Everyone except the accused gets that, and I don't know that it's worth trying to explain it to him. Maybe when he grows up he'll understand.

Yeah I know that, but I concede that some people do use it at the beginning of the game, and I have seen it used as something of a psychological needle or taunt. In no way does that apply to typing it in game chat when you already have the game well in hand.
Captain safariguy5

Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:46 pm

awww it's your fault guys. you should have read the wailing wall of his Majesty because he made clear there. :lol:
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Pirlo wrote:awww it's your fault guys. you should have read the wailing wall of his Majesty because he made clear there. :lol:

You should have read the rules prior to making your spurious report.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Dibbun wrote:
Pirlo wrote:awww it's your fault guys. you should have read the wailing wall of his Majesty because he made clear there. :lol:

You should have read the rules prior to making your spurious report.

Wait, how is that even relevant to this report. Revealing positions under fog is different from ratings abuse. One is considered bad sportsmanship, and the other is treated as game abuse.

Looks like an ad hominem attack that doesn't really add to the discussion here.
Captain safariguy5

General Contribution (8)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Plenty of those in this report. I've been called a "bitch" in multiple forms countless times in this thread and in other C&A threads. Apparently it's acceptable to flame in this forum.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Dibbun wrote:Plenty of those in this report. I've been called a "bitch" in multiple forms countless times in this thread and in other C&A threads. Apparently it's acceptable to flame in this forum.

Well then turn the other cheek? I'm trying to be diplomatic here. Really, I have no problem with poorly rating deadbeaters, I've done the same thing. But people have RL, get sitters, all that stuff is well known. And I think it's a bit petty to be poorly rating someone just because they said gg a round or two early. A little common sense and understanding goes a long way here.
Captain safariguy5

General Contribution (8)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Dibbun wrote:Plenty of those in this report. I've been called a "bitch" in multiple forms countless times in this thread and in other C&A threads. Apparently it's acceptable to flame in this forum.

Flaming is not acceptable in here. You all have been collectively warned by a global moderator to quit it. Everyone should expect warnings if it is kept up.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 pm

safariguy5 wrote:

Well then turn the other cheek? I'm trying to be diplomatic here. Really, I have no problem with poorly rating deadbeaters, I've done the same thing. But people have RL, get sitters, all that stuff is well known. And I think it's a bit petty to be poorly rating someone just because they said gg a round or two early. A little common sense and understanding goes a long way here.

I'm not saying he broke the rules by getting a sitter, but really, what about his "gameplay" is worthy of more than 1 star? He didn't even play that Prison Riot game, he had a sitter who literally wielded 200+ troops and conquered countless territories. Perfectly legal but not fair play.

Saying "gg" prior to winning is the height of arrogance. Try to picture a sports game where a coach whose team has the lead comes over to shake the other coach's hand when there's still 5 minutes or 1 inning left to go. It doesn't matter what the score is - that would be downright unsportsmanlike.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby mviola on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Dibbun wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

I'm not saying he broke the rules by getting a sitter, but really, what about his "gameplay" is worthy of more than 1 star? He didn't even play that Prison Riot game, he had a sitter who literally wielded 200+ troops and conquered countless territories. Perfectly legal but not fair play.

Saying "gg" prior to winning is the height of arrogance. Try to picture a sports game where a coach whose team has the lead comes over to shake the other coach's hand when there's still 5 minutes or 1 inning left to go. It doesn't matter what the score is - that would be downright unsportsmanlike.

This isn't a sport so your analogy is invalid.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Dibbun wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

Red Auerbach's Cigar.
Captain safariguy5

General Contribution (8)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:11 pm

I went back and looked at that Prison Riot Game. He was sat for 3 times in a 12 round game. That means he played 3/4ths of the game. 1 out of 5 is not 75%. And if it wasn't "fair play", then it would be illegal.

And you've never gone on a vacation? Had a family emergency? Internet went down? That's exactly the point of a sitter, and as long as sitters don't abuse their privileges, I fail to see how having a sitter take a few of your turns in light of real life issues is so bad. With the alternative being deadbeating, I think getting someone to sit your games is a much better alternative. I've done account sitting and other have account sat for me. RL interferes, you're just trying to not hold the games up or alter the outcome too much.
Captain safariguy5

General Contribution (8)

Postby Dibbun on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 pm

I didn't say 75%. I said, referring to Game 8826367, "Not all that enjoyable when we're not even playing you 25% of the time. That was 3 rounds of a 12 round game."

Did you open up my spoiler tag on that post? You will see that the number of rounds sat is less relevant than what occurred when he was being sat at Round 11. A massive chunk of his win was played in that round, and not by him. Hundreds of troops were played and dozens of territories were conquered. No gameplay by the person I'm going to rate equals 1 star on the gameplay rating.

And no, I don't start/join games if I'm going to have to miss turns. But that's just how I roll.
Lieutenant Dibbun

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports