Conquer Club

Ratings Abuse - Dibbun [warned]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Ratings Abuse - Dibbun

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 am

Dibbun wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
jefjef wrote:Dibbun - If you look the rating system has 3 DIFFERENT categories.

Fair play - For cheating/cheap tactics/fairness.

Game play - Strategy/how well played

Attitude - Self explanatory.

You are abusing the system - Whatever you think of someones attitude should not reflect poorly in the other categories - just the attitude one.

Same story with the other categories. If someone is too slow that is more of a game play rating or fair play etc.....

This is an excellent point that I do not believe has been addressed.

Then you did not read this post? viewtopic.php?p=3257239#p3257239

I did read that post. I'm struggling with how, for example, saying good game prior to the game being over is an example of unfair play or poor strategy.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Re: Ratings Abuse - Dibbun

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 am

thegreekdog wrote:I did read that post. I'm struggling with how, for example, saying good game prior to the game being over is an example of unfair play or poor strategy.

Because he pulls out the words "enjoyable game" and "chivalry" from the description of "game play" and "fair play", and uses them to relate each of the 3 ratings to attitude. If for any reason he didn't enjoy your company, he can justify 1-star ratings across the board. (In reality, he just found loopholes in the instructions to go back and justify the vindictive ratings he originally left.)

He's been warned, so the C&A team agrees that he's abusing the system. The best course of action now is to stop indulging him in his delusions.
Major drunkmonkey

Re: Ratings Abuse - Dibbun [warned]

Postby jefjef on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Because he pulls out the words "enjoyable game" and "chivalry" from the description of "game play" and "fair play",

A very good point. CC should remove chivalry from fair play description.

Fair Play: Covers suiciding, secret alliance suspicion, breaking or respecting alliances, chivalry, etc...
Gameplay: Measures the player's ability to play an enjoyable game (not the player's ability to win). Covers strategy, diplomacy, teamwork, etc...
Attitude: Covers behaviour in chat, foul language, sore losers, gracious winners, "great chatters!", whining about luck, etc...

And in this paragraph add "performance" with "behavior".

Whenever leaving ratings, use caution and good judgement. You are responsible for the ratings that you leave and they become a permanent part of the other member's record, so be sure to leave only fair and factual ratings that relate to the member's behaviour in the game.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports