Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain ad[WARNED]es

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain ad[WARNED]es

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:45 am

Accused:

caymanmew



The accused are suspected of:


Other: Intentionally gaining a large advantage by missing the first turn.



Game number(s):

Most games in this URL
Especially Game 10635781 where he admitted it to me.


Comments: At first I didn't think much of it but I saw (by accident) a thread like this and the person was warned, so I figured it was against the rules. I look back and see my game and think hey what if cay was doing this?? That's cheating! And sure enough I look back and voila! He is dead beating turn 1 on city mogul, gaining a HUGE advantage of going first upon missing turn 1. (city mogul is a map where if you go first, since drops are dead even, you win 90% of the time unless you have terrible strategy of the map)
Last edited by NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally dead beating

Postby caymanmew on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:56 am

if i deadbeat them how do i win?

come on man this is stupid


also i did not dead beat any of the games in his url
high score 3185
User avatar
Major caymanmew
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am
Location: ottawa
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally dead beating

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:15 am

Missing a turn is dead beating.

In the unwritten rules section of the rules it states:

"Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits."
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally dead beating

Postby caymanmew on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:21 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Missing a turn is dead beating.

In the unwritten rules section of the rules it states:

"Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to: throwing games or deliberately benefiting from thrown games, intentional deadbeating, holding players hostage, serial teammate killing, hijacking accounts, systematically "farming" new recruits."



dead beating is when you miss 3 turns............
high score 3185
User avatar
Major caymanmew
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am
Location: ottawa
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally dead beating

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:37 am

Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden

^ no matter how you put it, this is still in fact, abusing the system, is it not? And here I'll switch the thread title for you.
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally dead beating

Postby caymanmew on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:40 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Obviously any gross abuse of the game is forbidden

^ no matter how you put it, this is still in fact, abusing the system, is it not? And here I'll switch the thread title for you.


but missing turns is not braking any rules
high score 3185
User avatar
Major caymanmew
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am
Location: ottawa
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby jefjef on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:45 am

OblitX case...
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=117994&p=2609143&hilit=city+mogul#p2609143

king achilles wrote:It may not be a clear rule violation and I must admit, that this can be tolerated if done for a few times. But to make it as a consistent strategy to play certain games/maps just so you could make the first turn, this action can be deemed as a form of abuse. Why bother making various improvements or additional attributes to the game if we are just going to find a way on how to exploit it for our selfish reasons?

With that many games as evidence, you know you have turned an implemented feature as another exploited feature instead. This will not be condoned, but if you must use such tactics, please do not overdo or abuse it.

Play the game as it is meant to be and stop finding ways to exploit the game, deliberately missing turns or some other sneaky ways just to win a few points. This is considered a special case infraction and has been handled already.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally dead beating

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 am

Excellent find NoSurvivors. Deadbeating can range from actually deadbeating out of a game or deliberately missing turns to gain an advantage in a game..

caymanmew wrote:if i deadbeat them how do i win?
come on man this is stupid
also i did not dead beat any of the games in his url


Wrong, NoSurvivors URL link totally links this case. I have clicked on the first 8 games from his URL link, and you have missed the first turn everytime. You are intentionally missing turns to gain the tactical advantage and is classified as gross abuse of the game.

More games to check out: (starting with the most recent)
Game 10635782 (Looks like he is planning on missing this)
Game 10635780
Game 10625297
Game 10625296
Game 10625295
Game 10618476
Game 10618475
Game 10604461

What a cheat you are..It's literally every game..
Cook ad10r3tr0
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 am
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby jefjef on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:50 am

Brann2006 case...
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=104403&hilit=city+mogul&start=45#p2371496

king achilles wrote:Creating manual freestyle games with the intention of missing the deployment stage is another annoying tactic. I agree that this is taking advantage of the game engine, but I will still consider this as a general abuse of the game because of the repeated times this has been done. You can't keep creating games with these kind of settings then wait until the deployment stage is over just so you can make the first turn. Since Brann2006 is already active in this thread, this report shall also serve as his warning to stop intentionally missing turns or missing the deployment stage for any tactical reason. You have done it too many times already. Play the game as it is intended to be.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby caymanmew on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=3583269#p3583269


AndyDufresne wrote:
I'm confused, hence my name. :P I've two questions . Are you allowed to skip turns in order to "pile up" troops for disbursement ?
While missing turns isn't against the rule, you may put yourself at a disadvantage by not taking your turns, and you may also receive poor ratings from your opponents.



--Andy


andy clearly say missing turns is ok so i dont see how this is braking any rules
high score 3185
User avatar
Major caymanmew
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am
Location: ottawa
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:55 am

caymanmew wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=3583269#p3583269


AndyDufresne wrote:
I'm confused, hence my name. :P I've two questions . Are you allowed to skip turns in order to "pile up" troops for disbursement ?
While missing turns isn't against the rule, you may put yourself at a disadvantage by not taking your turns, and you may also receive poor ratings from your opponents.



--Andy


andy clearly say missing turns is ok so i dont see how this is braking any rules


Youre taking it completely out of context. And your argurment doesnt even make sense, are you missing your turn to "pile up" your troops?? No, you are missing turns to gain a distinct advantage over everyone else, not to pile up troops.. You are just finding these sentences the mods have made to make it look like this is ok.. and taking them completely out of context; missing turns on purpose = gross abuse of the game. Case closed..k? thanks bai.
Last edited by ad10r3tr0 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cook ad10r3tr0
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 am
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby jefjef on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:58 am

b00060 case...
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=97871&p=2234910&hilit=b00060#p2234910

Although there is nothing saying that you have to deploy first, however, to intentionally make the other player wait because you intend to miss the deployment stage is not right. With all those games provided here, you managed to let all those players wait(even though you are actually there to deploy your troops), just so that you can have the first turn? Whether there is an advantage in this or not, the whole setup, from creating manual/freestyle games and deliberately missing the deployment stage is already wrong.

And with that much games as evidence, b00060 has been warned for gross abuse of the game.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 am

king achilles wrote:Although there is nothing saying that you have to deploy first, however, to intentionally make the other player wait because you intend to miss the deployment stage is not right. With all those games provided here, you managed to let all those players wait(even though you are actually there to deploy your troops), just so that you can have the first turn? Whether there is an advantage in this or not, the whole setup, from creating manual/freestyle games and deliberately missing the deployment stage is already wrong.

And with that much games as evidence, b00060 has been warned for gross abuse of the game.


b00060 case is the one I was talking about. viewtopic.php?f=239&t=97871&hilit=b00060+city&start=15
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:01 am

Lmfao jefjef you got to it before I found it..
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby caymanmew on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 am

ad10r3tr0 wrote:
caymanmew wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=3583269#p3583269


AndyDufresne wrote:
I'm confused, hence my name. :P I've two questions . Are you allowed to skip turns in order to "pile up" troops for disbursement ?
While missing turns isn't against the rule, you may put yourself at a disadvantage by not taking your turns, and you may also receive poor ratings from your opponents.



--Andy


andy clearly say missing turns is ok so i dont see how this is braking any rules


Youre taking it completely out of context. And your argurment doesnt even make sense, are you missing your turn to "pile up" your troops?? No, you are missing turns to gain a distinct advantage over everyone else, not to pile up troops.. You are just finding these sentences the mods have made to make it look like this is ok.. and taking them completely out of context; missing turns on purpose = gross abuse of the game. Case closed..k? thanks bai.



the point is that missing turns is ok it matters not why you miss it if it ok to miss turns then its is ok
high score 3185
User avatar
Major caymanmew
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am
Location: ottawa
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby jefjef on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 am

caymanmew wrote:
ad10r3tr0 wrote:
caymanmew wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=3583269#p3583269


AndyDufresne wrote:
I'm confused, hence my name. :P I've two questions . Are you allowed to skip turns in order to "pile up" troops for disbursement ?
While missing turns isn't against the rule, you may put yourself at a disadvantage by not taking your turns, and you may also receive poor ratings from your opponents.



--Andy


andy clearly say missing turns is ok so i dont see how this is braking any rules


Youre taking it completely out of context. And your argurment doesnt even make sense, are you missing your turn to "pile up" your troops?? No, you are missing turns to gain a distinct advantage over everyone else, not to pile up troops.. You are just finding these sentences the mods have made to make it look like this is ok.. and taking them completely out of context; missing turns on purpose = gross abuse of the game. Case closed..k? thanks bai.



the point is that missing turns is ok it matters not why you miss it if it ok to miss turns then its is ok


LOL. LOOK at the OblitX and the Brann and the b00060 cases I posted. They ALL have to do with City Mogul deployment turn missing for a round 1 advantage....

Good luck with cayman
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
Image
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
User avatar
Colonel jefjef
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: on my ass
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 am

LOL, you're taking it completely out of context.. missing turns on purpose like you are = gross abuse = warnable offense.. cya after your warning/vacation/ban. idk what level you are up to, and quite frankly I dont care

And JefJef is right, as odd as that is, 2 PRIMETIME examples.. case closed no more discussions
Cook ad10r3tr0
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 am
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby caymanmew on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:28 am

jefjef wrote:
LOL. LOOK at the OblitX and the Brann and the b00060 cases I posted. They ALL have to do with City Mogul deployment turn missing for a round 1 advantage....

Good luck with cayman


yes i see them and am not making any new games on the map dont think it is braking any rules still by i will not making more till this is resolved
high score 3185
User avatar
Major caymanmew
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:54 am
Location: ottawa
Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby alstergren on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:16 am

caymanmew wrote:the point is that missing turns is ok it matters not why you miss it if it ok to miss turns then its is ok


Well, as you see from the old threads: City Mogul, manual drop, freestyle is an exception. It's such an advantage and when systematic used, it has been deemed to fall under the unwritten rules and rendered warnings in the past.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
User avatar
Major alstergren
 
Posts: 3066
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:35 pm
Location: Stockholm (Sweden)
Medals: 141
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (20)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (8) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (32)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:26 am

It would be real simple if CC would just not allow players to get deferred armies. You don't deserve deferred armies if you can't take your turn in a 24 hour time frame.


You sure don't get the auto deploy troops when you miss a turn so why get the deferred troops
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
User avatar
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack
 
Posts: 10746
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (2)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 am

HighlanderAttack wrote:It would be real simple if CC would just not allow players to get deferred armies. You don't deserve deferred armies if you can't take your turn in a 24 hour time frame.


You sure don't get the auto deploy troops when you miss a turn so why get the deferred troops

HA that isn't the reason for this. In manual city mogul nothing happens on your first turn. The bases don't even get their +20 auto deploy, so there's really NO NEED to take that turn. It's basically the easiest way to get the manual medal (if you don't abuse it like the cases above have). But if you miss a turn in a FREESTYLE game, you go first on your next turn. And as I said, going first in city mogul is a basically garunteed win unless your strategy is terrible or the dice hate you. He can then take his turns when he knows I'm offline (for example) and play it like a sequential game. Therefore it has like a few people have said, fallen under the unwritten rules. It's not the fact that he might get deferred armies (which he doesn't) it's the fact that he knows this is an easy win and he is abusing that knowledge.
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:41 am

yep it is against the rules, a while ago i was accused of using a script when i didnt even know what one was. So when he reported me it backfired because he was using this tactic you are cay, and you could not prove i have a script (because i don't).
User avatar
Colonel jsnyder748
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: BIG RED NEBRASKA - UNL - Electrical Engineering
Medals: 89
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:14 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:It would be real simple if CC would just not allow players to get deferred armies. You don't deserve deferred armies if you can't take your turn in a 24 hour time frame.


You sure don't get the auto deploy troops when you miss a turn so why get the deferred troops

HA that isn't the reason for this. In manual city mogul nothing happens on your first turn. The bases don't even get their +20 auto deploy, so there's really NO NEED to take that turn. It's basically the easiest way to get the manual medal (if you don't abuse it like the cases above have). But if you miss a turn in a FREESTYLE game, you go first on your next turn. And as I said, going first in city mogul is a basically garunteed win unless your strategy is terrible or the dice hate you. He can then take his turns when he knows I'm offline (for example) and play it like a sequential game. Therefore it has like a few people have said, fallen under the unwritten rules. It's not the fact that he might get deferred armies (which he doesn't) it's the fact that he knows this is an easy win and he is abusing that knowledge.[/quote

That is true--cay knows it is cheating too--anyone with half a brain knows it is cheating--sorry to go off topic

The other thing in freestyle --if you miss your turn you should have to go second--only fair--it would prevent bull shit like cay cheating and others who do it as well
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
User avatar
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack
 
Posts: 10746
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:01 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (34) General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (2)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:17 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:It would be real simple if CC would just not allow players to get deferred armies. You don't deserve deferred armies if you can't take your turn in a 24 hour time frame.


You sure don't get the auto deploy troops when you miss a turn so why get the deferred troops

HA that isn't the reason for this. In manual city mogul nothing happens on your first turn. The bases don't even get their +20 auto deploy, so there's really NO NEED to take that turn. It's basically the easiest way to get the manual medal (if you don't abuse it like the cases above have). But if you miss a turn in a FREESTYLE game, you go first on your next turn. And as I said, going first in city mogul is a basically garunteed win unless your strategy is terrible or the dice hate you. He can then take his turns when he knows I'm offline (for example) and play it like a sequential game. Therefore it has like a few people have said, fallen under the unwritten rules. It's not the fact that he might get deferred armies (which he doesn't) it's the fact that he knows this is an easy win and he is abusing that knowledge.[/quote

That is true--cay knows it is cheating too--anyone with half a brain knows it is cheating--sorry to go off topic

The other thing in freestyle --if you miss your turn you should have to go second--only fair--it would prevent bull shit like cay cheating and others who do it as well


:lol: :lol: :lol: HA.. you forgot the ] in [/quote]

however i completely agree with what youre saying. Another solution could be to make (on that map) the +20 go to each house/shop like it does on every other turn (except the manual drop turn). Easy fix :)
User avatar
Cook NoSurvivors
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am
Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: Caymanmew- intentionally missing turns to gain advantage

Postby eddie2 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 pm

well i hate to say something here. but although i agree this is abuse of the game engine (this is what it fell under in the past.) the fact admin and c and a mods are allowing people to abuse the not getting a 5th spoil in nuclear spoils games counters the previous results in these cases. until they get a clear rule across the board to sort all types of abuse out of people missing not ending turns then they cannot pick and choose who to punish. like the examples shown of previous cases. 2 were just closed then the last was noted. it looks like the usual thing if the name fits.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant eddie2
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: jersey channel islands
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login