petarvulf [noted] BG

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: petarvulf [noted] BG

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:39 pm

If you dont like that ruling, you should post in that thread. This thread is for this specific case. The two games and cirucmstances appear very different to me, but I didnt look at that one deeply.
Corporal BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 101
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (47) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (5)

Re: petarvulf [cleared] BG

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:@Lindax - I went back over it. I can agree with you that noting it as possible suiciding seems fair. This way in the future, if something similar happens whoever handles that will be able to see this game as well.

Thank you.

Lx
Major Lindax
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 129
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby jghost7 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:41 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:@Lindax - I went back over it. I can agree with you that noting it as possible suiciding seems fair. This way in the future, if something similar happens whoever handles that will be able to see this game as well.

That is a load of crap. If that was considered deliberately throwing a game then there are hundreds of games you need to look at. It is utterly ridiculous to classify this as throwing a game, even for a noted.

BG please explain how this fits under this category. I don't understand how you could consider this at all.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I noted it for "possible suicide"

Could it have been suicide? Possibly.

Sorry you don't like the rulIng but I felt that if this player was to do something similar in the future this game would be possibly considered evidence.
Corporal BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (47) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (5)

Postby jghost7 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:I noted it for "possible suicide"

Could it have been suicide? Possibly.

Sorry you don't like the rulIng but I felt that if this player was to do something similar in the future this game would be possibly considered evidence.

Suicide? or Deliberately throwing a game? He definitely wasn't point dumping, so what else would it fall under? As far as I am aware, a player still has the liberty to decide who and how he/she attacks. As I see it, Lindax provoked that attack and played a significant role in yellows demise.

As far as I know, suiciding itself is not against the rules and happens on a daily basis. Whether it is a noob move, retaliation, or a way to give up once you are beaten, it does happen. Upon inspection, the deliberately throwing games has direct relevance regarding point dumping or directly benefiting from thrown games. I cannot find any other reference to it in the community guidelines.

There is also the perspective of the player. You would have to consider that he either a) didn't think he could win and/or b) hit back on his main aggressor. He was fully within his rights as a player to do this.

Are you saying that he deliberately threw this game or not? And if you are saying this, are you saying that it is relating to point dumping or what? I wouldn't think so.

IMO, he was frustrated at the circumstances and struck at who he perceived to be cause of his issue. I can't see all of the details but I assume that Lindax had cards to worry about as well so I would not want him sitting on top of me either.

This simply is not a ' deliberately thrown game' and so it should not be 'noted' either, since it is not a thrown game it would not stand for evidence of said rule.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8) Training Achievement (1)

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Corporal BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

General Contribution (5)

Postby jghost7 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:21 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:

Sweet. This answers nothing that I asked and seems a bit lazy. I don't think that I am asking too much when asking for clarification of the rules for this case. Either it is or it isn't. And once again, you say suicide. What is relevant is whether this is considered throwing the game or not. If it is not, then it being noted is unwarranted. If it is, then show it and clarify where it falls within our guidelines here.

As I see it, only a cleared is warranted here, and if you feel that a noted is warranted, then I would like to know how it fits. Your quoted attempt at that explanation falls way short of that.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Postby hmsps on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 am

jghost7 wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:

Sweet. This answers nothing that I asked and seems a bit lazy.
Totally agree, I have asked similar questions. Basically they have no answers. Its a case of this is the ruling and thats that.

You could look at most of the ESC games and make that ruling, absolute crock!!

Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Medals: 118
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (4)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (13)

Postby lt.Futt on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:07 pm

hmsps wrote:
jghost7 wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:

Totally agree, I have asked similar questions. Basically they have no answers. Its a case of this is the ruling and thats that.

File C&A report. Can't blame Lindax and the mods. Petarwolf knows better. We all know.
Sergeant 1st Class lt.Futt

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (9)
General Contribution (2)

Postby jghost7 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:35 pm

lt. Futt wrote:
hmsps wrote:
jghost7 wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:

File C&A report. Can't blame Lindax and the mods. Petarwolf knows better. We all know.

That is the point. There should not even be a report. Yet when asked to explain the details, we are blown off. This needs to be clarified.
You are right, can't blame Lindax for filing, even though he should have known better, but the mod is another matter. Indeed, he initially began with the correct ruling, then turned around and reversed it to a noted for future evidence. When I asked for details, he is a no show?

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Return to Closed C&A Reports