Conquer Club

Chuuuuck [dead beating, pointdumping] [Noted] DCR

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Chuuuuck [dead beating, pointdumping] [Pending] DCR

Postby codierose on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:04 am

THE PACK [Competitive] [Very Selective recruitng]

:lol: so much for the very selective

just maybe it was an elaborate scheme from TUFO to infiltrate THE PACK ;)
Major codierose

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 am

codierose wrote:
THE PACK [Competitive] [Very Selective recruitng]

:lol: so much for the very selective

just maybe it was an elaborate scheme from TUFO to infiltrate THE PACK ;)

lol! that would be nasty.
anyway; like jgordon said: the point is that an emergency is no excuse, if you change your pw just before disapearing, it is intentional to screw your team and it is deliberate point dumping.
Major betiko

Postby codierose on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:23 am

betiko wrote:if you change your pw just before disapearing, it is intentional to screw your team and it is deliberate point dumping.

i must agree
so he must be a spy :D
TOFU those sneaky Beeps
Major codierose

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 am

4 games is not intentionally deadbeating...and is a far cry from 1000 games. Completely different circumstances. He is still a brig fro goodness sake...its not like he gave all his points away. Or started a bunch of public games and handed them away.

Stop being so butt hurt cause he was unreliable and YOU trusted him in your clans games. Its like you are looking for a scapegoat in case you lose this challenge.

Get this right...youre allowed to miss turns...Who knew??? You're allowed to leave cc and not announce it to the entire world?? Who knew right??
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:01 am

lord voldemort wrote:4 games is not intentionally deadbeating...and is a far cry from 1000 games. Completely different circumstances. He is still a brig fro goodness sake...its not like he gave all his points away. Or started a bunch of public games and handed them away.

Stop being so butt hurt cause he was unreliable and YOU trusted him in your clans games. Its like you are looking for a scapegoat in case you lose this challenge.

Get this right...youre allowed to miss turns...Who knew??? You're allowed to leave cc and not announce it to the entire world?? Who knew right??

stop being so subjective please. changing your PW just before you decide to leave CC is a total different story and it's intentional team screwing. He's a brig? well he was a general before that. He didn't miss a couple of turns, he got kicked out in all his war games for missing too many turns.

He left CC, at least temporairly. I don't care if he gets a warning or whatever; but he's kind of busted in the clan world now for being so unreliable within tofu and the pack thanks to this thread.
Major betiko

Postby Nicky15 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:05 am

It seems you guys took a major gamble with him. And it backfired. As far as I can see you put him in these teams/the games started after the report on COF which highlighted just how unreliable Chuuuuck was, with his real life issues and missing turns etc.

As much as this sucks for you, unless you had some kind of bust up with him, prior to him dead beating, and you can prove that he did this on purpose, and not just because of more real life issues. Then I don't see that you have a case. He has every right to change his password at any time.
Major Nicky15

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 am

oh yeah his personal image is shot no doubt...but what he has done is no way against the site rules

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:59 am

betiko wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:4 games is not intentionally deadbeating...and is a far cry from 1000 games. Completely different circumstances. He is still a brig fro goodness sake...its not like he gave all his points away. Or started a bunch of public games and handed them away.

stop being so subjective please. changing your PW just before you decide to leave CC is a total different story and it's intentional team screwing.

I would have thought that permanently leaving the site and having your password known to others would be considered highly irresponsible. The powers that be should really applaud chuuuuuucks action.
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 am

Nicky15 wrote:It seems you guys took a major gamble with him. And it backfired. As far as I can see you put him in these teams/the games started after the report on COF which highlighted just how unreliable Chuuuuck was, with his real life issues and missing turns etc.

As much as this sucks for you, unless you had some kind of bust up with him, prior to him dead beating, and you can prove that he did this on purpose, and not just because of more real life issues. Then I don't see that you have a case. He has every right to change his password at any time.

we didn't have any personal problems with him before it happened. he did have some almost missed turns that had to be sitted because there was almost no time left, then he changed his password so they couldn't be taken and just plainly missed. this is something I don't understand. Apart from the password issue I think the least you can do is to warn people that you cannot play your turns anymore, if you had time to change your PW.

in the report against COF, COF said that he was playing 1vs1 games and deadbeating tofu games on purpose. I think that we can all agree that it's not cool.
Major betiko

Postby grifftron on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am

I hope the outcome of this case is not affected by the CoF case. I myself respect CoF and that case had nothing to do with the pack, Chuckkkkkk was already going to make that case before he was ever in the pack. I wish people would not bring that case up in this one, keep it on track and be fair people, whoever loses a game because of someone deadbeating would be upset, period... lets keep the clans out of this and talk about the deadbeating action itself.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lord voldemort on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 am

grifftron wrote:I hope the outcome of this case is not affected by the CoF case. I myself respect CoF and that case had nothing to do with the pack, Chuckkkkkk was already going to make that case before he was ever in the pack. I wish people would not bring that case up in this one, keep it on track and be fair people, whoever loses a game because of someone deadbeating would be upset, period... lets keep the clans out of this and talk about the deadbeating action itself.

It was 4 games and he didnt join any others whilst in the process of deadbeating...there is no case...quite simple

Postby Serbia on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:41 am

betiko wrote:stop being so subjective please. changing your PW just before you decide to leave CC is a total different story and it's intentional team screwing.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HIS PASSWORD 24/7 ANYWAY.

Sharing passwords like that is essentially account sharing. I know it seems the vast majority of competitive clans are sharing accounts, and think nothing of it (as it's so openly talked about, and treated as a given), but it's against the rules. Account sitting is only meant to be done when you KNOW you're going to be away from CC, and can give a temporary password to someone else to cover for you. It is not meant as an insurance against missing turns. If chuuuuck knew that others had his password, then changing his password was the only responsible thing to do.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 am

CC's recent motto: Common Sense prevails.

Was he REALLY changing his password to be responsible, or was he doing it to screw over the clan and be malicious or vindictive.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:10 am

Serbia wrote:
betiko wrote:stop being so subjective please. changing your PW just before you decide to leave CC is a total different story and it's intentional team screwing.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HIS PASSWORD 24/7 ANYWAY.

Sharing passwords like that is essentially account sharing. I know it seems the vast majority of competitive clans are sharing accounts, and think nothing of it (as it's so openly talked about, and treated as a given), but it's against the rules. Account sitting is only meant to be done when you KNOW you're going to be away from CC, and can give a temporary password to someone else to cover for you. It is not meant as an insurance against missing turns. If chuuuuck knew that others had his password, then changing his password was the only responsible thing to do.

which would be a ridiculous rule and a ridiculous interpretation of reality. and i never had chuuck's pw. it seems normal to have at least 1 of your clan mates who has your pw in case of emergency, like this one when a player vanishes away.
I would hate to win a war because my oponents got screwed by a player disapearing.

we've had the roussalier case with RA and subprime case with TSM in the past month.
Major betiko

Postby Lindax on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:34 am

Serbia wrote:YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HIS PASSWORD 24/7 ANYWAY.

Sharing passwords like that is essentially account sharing. I know it seems the vast majority of competitive clans are sharing accounts, and think nothing of it (as it's so openly talked about, and treated as a given), but it's against the rules. Account sitting is only meant to be done when you KNOW you're going to be away from CC, and can give a temporary password to someone else to cover for you. It is not meant as an insurance against missing turns.

Mmmm.... Your colleague TD chapcrap disagrees with you.

When can we get a definite and clear answer from somebody with authority about this issue?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:53 am

Lindax wrote:

Sharing passwords like that is essentially account sharing. I know it seems the vast majority of competitive clans are sharing accounts, and think nothing of it (as it's so openly talked about, and treated as a given), but it's against the rules. Account sitting is only meant to be done when you KNOW you're going to be away from CC, and can give a temporary password to someone else to cover for you. It is not meant as an insurance against missing turns.

When can we get a definite and clear answer from somebody with authority about this issue?

Lx

I am sure the C&A Team is working diligently on this case (and all others). It's not like this case has been up for weeks! :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby betiko on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:00 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

I am sure the C&A Team is working diligently on this case (and all others). It's not like this case has been up for weeks! :D

--Andy

lindax is not talking about chuuuuck's case, but about an issue that concerns the whole CC community and brought up again by serbia: is it ok or not to know the password of a clanmate if it's not a temporary one for vacation leave. this is not the first time it's been brought up.
Major betiko

Postby jgordon1111 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:31 am

Account sharing is defined as 2 people playing the same account on a continous basis,with the intention of either taking turns for it at any given time.

Account sitting is having the pw of a friend or clan mate with the intention of the sitter taking turns when the account holder is not available to take a turn and time is running out. All pw's can be changed at any time.

The odd thing is most of the players hollering in the negative here are not clan players,why is that?

Yes each player can at any time give someone a temporary pw,but most emergencies that happen CC is not on top of the list of priorities in those circumstances,ergo rather than F their clan mates over(because they are friends)they give up the pw if something happens.

If you cannot understand what I am talking about,odds are you are not in a clan,nor does anyone trust you with their pw.

Some clans have rules set up for use of pw's I assume,most likely under what circumstances a players pw can be used.

No one likes losing,and for those of you that are using the pw issue as a jump board to say oh well you win some you lose some,please the next time you have an emergency of some kind join about 25 games with me prior to leaving,I would enjoy the games won and points,because you dont mind losing do you? After all it is a game,no prestige or honor needed. (sarcasm for those that didnt get it)
Private jgordon1111

Postby Leehar on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:45 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:The odd thing is most of the players hollering in the negative here are not clan players,why is that?

On this case, or on sitting as a whole?
I'd say you were wrong on both counts.
For the case, because no offence to Pack, but I (and I think others that have posted as well) think it's Packs reward for the risks they took. Because it's not like they didn't know what came with the territory. The evidence was all there in Chuuck being an unreliable teammate; from the CoF case that they're so willing to sweep under the rug. Indeed, I think this exact scenario is one Cof mentioned in his rebuttal to Chuuck's C&A report, that Chuuck had changed his password before leaving on random absences? That wasn't enough for Cof to avoid the noose, but the signs were all there
I don't buy this excuse that they 'didn't know' because those details only come out after he had joined Pack, firstly because (as I think someone else mentioned), they still were fine with entering him into ID games after that fact! And secondly, why on earth did they think Tofu kicked him out anyway? It certainly wasn't because he remained an upstanding individual... (Indeed, I don't want to cast aspersions on Chucks character without knowing much about him myself, but some of the facts don't present a stalwart image)

With regards to your second point, Serbia for example is part of a clan (G1) so that doesn't really hold water. Indeed most of his clan do share that view, and while I sincerely doubt I've seen any other clans members share the view, they are allowed to have it, even if a lot of us disagree with what they say.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Dako on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:01 pm

Leehar wrote:And secondly, why on earth did they think Tofu kicked him out anyway? It certainly wasn't because he remained an upstanding individual... (Indeed, I don't want to cast aspersions on Chucks character without knowing much about him myself, but some of the facts don't present a stalwart image).

This. We kicked Chuck because he was unreliable. After that he filed C&A report that got 2 of our members busted for account sharing. Then Chuck joined PACK and I think he did that so he can beat us in Clan League Cup tournament. Unfortunately, he didn't last that long and decided to quit CC. He changed his pw (probably to a combination he hasn't saved anywhere) and decided to leave the site like this.

Typical 4uck.
Colonel Dako

Postby jgordon1111 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Leehar wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:The odd thing is most of the players hollering in the negative here are not clan players,why is that?

For the case, because no offence to Pack, but I (and I think others that have posted as well) think it's Packs reward for the risks they took. Because it's not like they didn't know what came with the territory. The evidence was all there in Chuuck being an unreliable teammate; from the CoF case that they're so willing to sweep under the rug. Indeed, I think this exact scenario is one Cof mentioned in his rebuttal to Chuuck's C&A report, that Chuuck had changed his password before leaving on random absences? That wasn't enough for Cof to avoid the noose, but the signs were all there
I don't buy this excuse that they 'didn't know' because those details only come out after he had joined Pack, firstly because (as I think someone else mentioned), they still were fine with entering him into ID games after that fact! And secondly, why on earth did they think Tofu kicked him out anyway? It certainly wasn't because he remained an upstanding individual... (Indeed, I don't want to cast aspersions on Chucks character without knowing much about him myself, but some of the facts don't present a stalwart image)

With regards to your second point, Serbia for example is part of a clan (G1) so that doesn't really hold water. Indeed most of his clan do share that view, and while I sincerely doubt I've seen any other clans members share the view, they are allowed to have it, even if a lot of us disagree with what they say.

Yes the pack made a bad choice in taking chuuuck in. I was not defending chuuuck at all,what I am defending is the possibility that some players have pw's for an emergency,and it is not account sharing,when those pw's are only used when there is a problem with the account holder not being able to take their turn.

second point everyone is allowed their opinion,and as I said if winning is not important then invite me to about 25 games each when you have something come up, and cant take your turn and no one has your pw, I will be glad to see if you really stand behind the its just a game,if you lose you lose theory. Anyone? anyone?

LOL I DIDNT THINK SO.
Private jgordon1111

Postby afroaction on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 pm

In this day and age, it wouldn't be impossible to auto-kick anyone out with less then 95% turn taken in all the games, have a couple of mods assigned only the deadbeats and have go thru them, explain why they missed so many turns, and should be up to the mods desecration before they are let back in. That would cure a lot multies, cheap tactics, point-dumping, cheating, game throwing.....
Major afroaction

Postby GeneralRisk on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Leehar wrote:

For the case, because no offence to Pack, but I (and I think others that have posted as well) think it's Packs reward for the risks they took. Because it's not like they didn't know what came with the territory. The evidence was all there in Chuuck being an unreliable teammate;Chuuuck told us he quit TOFU because he didnt get along with COF from the CoF case that they're so willing to sweep under the rug.WTF u talking about us sweeping it under a rug. When I got wind of Chuuuck going to file a report against COF, I told him staight out how I felt about it and told him that what goes on in a clan stays in a clan even after leaving. Indeed, I think this exact scenario is one Cof mentioned in his rebuttal to Chuuck's C&A report, that Chuuck had changed his password before leaving on random absences? That wasn't enough for Cof to avoid the noose, but the signs were all there
I don't buy this excuse that they 'didn't know' because those details only come out after he had joined Pack, firstly because (as I think someone else mentioned), they still were fine with entering him into ID games after that fact! And secondly, why on earth did they think Tofu kicked him out anyway?
You talk in hindsight and we did not know he was kicked out. You continue to appear to be a packer basher.

Major GeneralRisk

Postby chapcrap on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Lindax wrote:

Lx

The team has already made numerous rulings on this issue and it hasn't been against the rules. Serbia's opinion clearly isn't want the C&A Team has deemed to be true. So, just because some say that something is against the rules, doesn't mean that it's so. There is already a clear determination from the C&A Team.

However, since that's not the issue with this report, I'll say, this doesn't really seem like classic point dumping. It's a player leaving the site, not intentionally point dumping, in my opinion.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby GoranZ on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:17 pm

betiko wrote:is it ok or not to know the password of a clanmate if it's not a temporary one for vacation leave. this is not the first time it's been brought up.

Is there an option to pause some player's games? NO
Is the an option to supervise an account from another password(for supervision)? NO
Does someone have to go on vacation every time there is power failure, internet failure, traffic problems, family problems, work in RL, baby in the family etc, etc... "unless on vacation" in no way doesn't cover all situations in which some account should be supervised, actually "vacation" is probably not in the first 3 legitimate reasons to supervise an account.

P.S. Those that think that vacation is the only reason for supervising an account should work a little bit on their RL(friendly suggestion)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

PreviousNext

Return to Closed C&A Reports