Conquer Club

gibbyrfc [noted]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

gibbyrfc [noted]

Postby bigpash on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Accused:

gibbyrfc

The accused are suspected of:

Intentional Dead beating

Game number(s):

Game 11711493

Comments: 2012-09-26 19:01:55 - gibbyrfc: you won on turn 1. hate trench on this map, didnt see it. wouldn't have joined.
Since posting this this player missed his turn. Although he was able to play several speed games. It looks like he will be missing his next turn as well, even though he has been on playing.
I could only find one other example of this in his games.
I realise that a FAMO is in order which has now happened.
Major bigpash

Re: gibbyrfc

Postby hmsps on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Trench on big maps like Feudal Epic, Das Schloss etc can be a right pain in the arse when its clear the other person has won, whether it is speed or 24 hours its usually quicker to deadbeat. Maps like this on trench, it should not be against the rules to deadbeat IMO.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Captain hmsps

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:40 pm

I am not 100% sure, but I think for intentional deadbeating to be warned, you need more than one instance of it. (Normally 5 is the magic number). It's similar to ratings abuse, they aren't going to hand out warnings for giving one person an undeserved rating, but if its a habitual thing, then they will warn them to stop.

Please see the top two posts for reference
viewtopic.php?f=239&t=170546

Not to mention the accused hasn't even technically deadbeated yet. This won't even get noted until he actually deadbeats
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby bigpash on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Not worried about the individual receiving any form of site punishment. I would however like the game to be played. If a player misses a turn that is not a problem things do crop up. However if the player has been online during that 24hr period then to miss a turn it is intentional, especially when they have started or taken part in other games.
Major bigpash

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:02 pm

Than maybe posting on his wall or sending him a PM would be better. Filing reports normally means that you are looking for a punishment
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby bigpash on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Posted to his wall first, before posting a report. It was ignored.
Major bigpash

Postby rhp 1 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:17 pm

bigpash wrote:Posted to his wall first, before posting a report. It was ignored.

dude... a shitload of players would deadbeat the game in question... your win is not in doubt.

1. get over it.. famo... and you won the game... it'll be quicker if he deadbeats so what's the prob?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby jltile1 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 pm

bigpash wrote:Not worried about the individual receiving any form of site punishment. I would however like the game to be played. If a player misses a turn that is not a problem things do crop up. However if the player has been online during that 24hr period then to miss a turn it is intentional, especially when they have started or taken part in other games.

Do you want your points in three days or two weeks what the problem. I look at it like taking the game board and flipping all the pieces off. Or saying well gg it's over you win. In a one on one game a player should be able to quit the game, now in a multiplayer game it's a lot diffrent. As you could cost other players the game by quitting on purpose.
Major jltile1

Postby eddie2 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 am

in this instance it could usually come under intentional d/beating and holding hostage. but for trench this map he is actually doing you a favor, you are a freemium limited to 4 games so what he is doing is clearing 1 of your games the quickest way.
Major eddie2

Postby Tenebrus on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Gibby is a good guy. You should really be thanking him - quicker points. Reporting someone because they denied you the "fun" of a trench game on that map is really barrel-scraping of the worst kind. I hope this is dismissed.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby king achilles on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 am

This report has been noted. If there may be some good intentions to have the game finish sooner by deadbeating, it's still what it is. If he was winning the game or had the good drop, perhaps he would have played the game on.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Re: gibbyrfc [noted]

Postby KraphtOne on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:28 am

He was doing you a favor... I've intentionally deadbeated hundreds of these trench games in order to end the game quicker... and have had hundreds do the same to me...

i actually find it annoying when someone plays it out when its clearly over because it takes forever
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby hmsps on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am

KraphtOne wrote:He was doing you a favor... I've intentionally deadbeated hundreds of these trench games in order to end the game quicker... and have had hundreds do the same to me...

i actually find it annoying when someone plays it out when its clearly over because it takes forever
+1
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Captain hmsps

Postby eddie2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:16 am

KraphtOne wrote:He was doing you a favor... I've intentionally deadbeated hundreds of these trench games in order to end the game quicker... and have had hundreds do the same to me...

i 100 percent agree with this.. i have done this a lot as well. but i always post and ask the opponent if they will be ok with it. if they are not i finish it.
Major eddie2

Return to Closed C&A Reports