Conquer Club

Peterdeman (bigotry)[busted/noted]SN

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Peterdeman (bigotry)[busted/noted]SN

Postby Tenebrus on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 am

Accused:

peterdeman

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Bigotry

Game number(s):

Game 12033334

Comments: Responds to losing a game with a piece of Nazi anti-inspired anti-semitism. Nice. Warn, please =).
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Re: Peterdeman (bigotry)

Postby DJPatrick on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:43 am

Hi Tenebrus..
Curly one...what does tht ACTUALLY say in German (can't be bothered to fish it)?..,.You played a series of games with this playerm 1V1 and didn't have any dramas till the last game...none of the game chat "outs " you as Jewish and none of the other game's chat seems "untoward"? Where i the bigotry?..I(f I post "Springtime for Hitler!!!" after someone takes me out, it;s hardly bigotry is it?...Again, I don't know what the translation means but if you post a bloody C&A YOU should provide the translation...Just FAMO rather thn get the Gestapo involved??? :evil:
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby Tenebrus on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 am

Oh I'm not Jewish, and yeah, we had been getting on fine. I'm not sure of the exact translation, but juden means Jewish and kop I think is an insult? The sieg hiel is fairly obvious. I actually don't want to FAMO, I'm happy to play him again, I just think it's important not to let that stuff go.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby DJPatrick on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:12 am

I personallye don't thinkthat sying seig hiel in a war game is bigotry....it was a war cry from warring nation..similarly....Tora, Tora, Tora was a race-based war chant from the Japanse in the Pacific but unles it was specifically directed I ouldn't find it offensive/bigotted even if posted by Japanese national inthe context of CC...maybe you need to grow a thicker skin,,,it's war site, be prepared to be offended...I DON'T think the original post was inteded to be offensive to jewish pps so pl don't rush in to be offended on the behalf on the off=chance???
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby Tenebrus on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 am

I guess if you don't think making a Nazi salute and a Jewish slur is offensive, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby Pilager on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 am

Tenebrus wrote:Oh I'm not Jewish, and yeah, we had been getting on fine. I'm not sure of the exact translation, but juden means Jewish and kop I think is an insult? The sieg hiel is fairly obvious. I actually don't want to FAMO, I'm happy to play him again, I just think it's important not to let that stuff go.

Play him again? You think its important? WHAT?

You get beat up in school? Personally, I offended how fast you ran away from the jew question. It Just tells the community your a baby. I'd be afraid to take Iceland from you without a pacifier handy. So cover your man-Gina and apologize for being weak!
Colonel Pilager

Postby Razorvich on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:09 am

Pilager wrote:So cover your man-Gina and apologize for being weak!

I use a man-Gina when i go fishing........its a strap-on that hold my fishing rod..
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Major Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby aad0906 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

DJPatrick wrote:Hi Tenebrus..
Curly one...what does tht ACTUALLY say in German (can't be bothered to fish it)?..,.You played a series of games with this playerm 1V1 and didn't have any dramas till the last game...none of the game chat "outs " you as Jewish and none of the other game's chat seems "untoward"? Where i the bigotry?..I(f I post "Springtime for Hitler!!!" after someone takes me out, it;s hardly bigotry is it?...Again, I don't know what the translation means but if you post a bloody C&A YOU should provide the translation...Just FAMO rather thn get the Gestapo involved??? :evil:

Literally it means "Hail Victory" but I thought that everyone knew what Sieg Heil really means, it's indeed a Nazi salute. It's what the amassed crowds would chant before and after a speech by Adolf Hitler. It's almost the same as saying Heil Hitler. Judenkop means Jewface. This kind of behavior doesn't belong on CC and a warning is definitely in place to say the least.
Major aad0906

Re: Peterdeman (bigotry)[pending]SN

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 am

Pilager, baiting and flaming is not welcome in the C&A Forums.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Pilager on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:43 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:Pilager, baiting and flaming is not welcome in the C&A Forums.

Hi Brain,
Your right. Your right. Just thought this was a little tedious.....I go first....

"I am sorry. I was Wrong! Please accept my apologies" my ex is to blame for this irrational outburst.
Colonel Pilager

Postby Frox333 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Pilager wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:Pilager, baiting and flaming is not welcome in the C&A Forums.

Hi Brain,
Your right. Your right. Just thought this was a little tedious.....I go first....

"I am sorry. I was Wrong! Please accept my apologies" my ex is to blame for this irrational outburst.

:lol: (always the ex)....
Major Frox333

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Why is bigotry the ultimate commandment on this site anyway? I mean I don't think it's cool but a hell of a lot of other stuff goes on that's just as ugly and it gets the brush off.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Symmetry on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Why is bigotry the ultimate commandment on this site anyway? I mean I don't think it's cool but a hell of a lot of other stuff goes on that's just as ugly and it gets the brush off.

I'm not sure the OP is suggesting that it's the ultimate problem, or commandment. I hope that you're posting more out of frustration at the things that are given a pass, rather than dismissing this. It's easy to say that their are worse things out there, but it's not really an excuse to let other stuff go as simply "not cool".
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Why is bigotry the ultimate commandment on this site anyway? I mean I don't think it's cool but a hell of a lot of other stuff goes on that's just as ugly and it gets the brush off.

I'm not sure the OP is suggesting that it's the ultimate problem, or commandment. I hope that you're posting more out of frustration at the things that are given a pass, rather than dismissing this. It's easy to say that their are worse things out there, but it's not really an excuse to let other stuff go as simply "not cool".

You're right this isn't the place my above statement and don't get me wrong, I don't take bigotry lightly. It just seems that recently there have been some bigotry accusations used as weapons instead of genuine concern. This is not one of those cases, btw.
As far as this particular instance I do think that there is an obvious infraction. The comment was uncalled for.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jltile1 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Does that really mean Jew face? Just a real question as I can't find that to be true. And only one can speculate as him referring to hitler it is a war game maybe he was only referring to Victory.
Major jltile1

Postby afroaction on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 am

Pretty sure he called you a goat fuccker! :)

What the heck is a Jew face supposed to look like anyway? It's only offensive if you're a bigot yourself and don't like Jews.

Major afroaction

Postby GeneralRisk on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:35 am

jltile1 wrote:Does that really mean Jew face? Just a real question as I can't find that to be true. And only one can speculate as him referring to hitler it is a war game maybe he was only referring to Victory.
I believe it is possible he was referring to victory. Many of my friends in real life will say seig heil GeneralRisk. and I always assumed they referred to victory at cc GeneralRsk.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Symmetry on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:35 am

jltile1 wrote:Does that really mean Jew face? Just a real question as I can't find that to be true. And only one can speculate as him referring to hitler it is a war game maybe he was only referring to Victory.

"Seig heil" is pretty obvious dude. I guess we can speculate about the rest, although the "Juden" is kind of obvious too. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jltile1 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Symmetry wrote:

"Seig heil" is pretty obvious dude. I guess we can speculate about the rest, although the "Juden" is kind of obvious too. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Seig heil was used by the nazis but how does that make it bigotry?? That's what I'm getting at. Judenknop does that really mean Jew face if you don't know don't troll my post. That's was a honest question beacuse I can't seem to find the answer. Let's say he did call him Jew face I know some hot Jewish chicks so what is the big deal. I mean really this is a war battle gaming site are we really going to over analyze every word and every damn sentence people say. You can only suspect as to the meanings in his conversation.

I think goat face would piss me off more as Afro said you would have to be racist for that to hurt your feeling.
Major jltile1

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:42 pm

jltile1 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Seig heil was used by the nazis but how does that make it bigotry?? That's what I'm getting at. Judenknop does that really mean Jew face if you don't know don't troll my post. That's was a honest question beacuse I can't seem to find the answer. Let's say he did call him Jew face I know some hot Jewish chicks so what is the big deal. I mean really this is a war battle gaming site are we really going to over analyze every word and every damn sentence people say. You can only suspect as to the meanings in his conversation.

I think goat face would piss me off more as Afro said you would have to be racist for that to hurt your feeling.

If calling someone a jew is bigotry then calling them a jewface is as well. I don't make the rules. ;)

Last edited by Funkyterrance on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jltile1 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
jltile1 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

If calling someone a jew is bigotry than calling them a jewface is as well. I don't make the rules. ;)

Then sure don't call me American face come on guys. And still does Judenknop mean Jew face ??? I'm still with my hands up.

If your a Jew your a Jew. If your Russian your Russian ? Is Russian face bigotry. This site needs to more about the game not words ( that mean nothing ) I do understand people go to far but here you have to speculate as what his intentions where.
Major jltile1

Postby DJPatrick on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 am

There are LESS and LESS pps playing on this site...maybe one of the big reasons is that it's becoming debating society? Sure we don't want to let offensive WHATEVERprobes run rampant but can pps please stop trying to create their own perfect world on a WarGame internet site? Fight to the death to stop bullying and racist attacks but please STOP the C&A reports over nuances...I've manned street barricades against oppressive authorities in my own country but I get the shits with constant bickering over what may or may not offend people elsewhere...If something is not already outlawed in the CC Rules, take it up with the CC Philosophy Mods...don't come drive plaYERS away in droves because the fucking Romans didn't build enough aquaducts... :evil:
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby afroaction on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 am

George Carlin said it BEST! :)

George Carlin things you can't say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0FY1YGbnI

Major afroaction

Postby Symmetry on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:03 pm

jltile1 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I'm assuming that he was going for Yiddisher Kop, and got confused. Parsing what he wrote into explainable chunks does make it seem less offensive, I guess, but really it's the combination that makes it offensive.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby sniffie on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 am

I'll note this, just in case peterdeman comes back since he's been busted with Warsteiner.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports