Conquer Club

freakns: Account Sharing[warned]es

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: freakns: Account Sharing[warned]es

Postby Lindax on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:16 pm

SirSebstar wrote:since i dont do not moderate these rules, i dont know for sure, but thats how I see it anyways

This says it all Sir. :D
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:27 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Leehar wrote:I'm glad you challenged it since I'm not sure when it came about, but it was specifically mentioned as acceptable.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7785#p2865163
  • Being on another player's account for ANY reasons other than taking turns when they are in danger of missing a turn, or posting to necessary Tournament or Clan related public forum topics, is not allowed. Abuse of this privilege can be considered account sharing and could result in a Bust for both accounts.

Ah, but that's not quite the same as what you originally said: "updating clan war or tournament OP's that are in the community interest and delayed".

You're talking about editing a post of another person. This quote says "posting" in topic".

And how would you read this statement from the Head Tournament Director?:

Night Strike wrote:There's no reason for any account sitter to be updating tournaments as far as I'm concerned.

That would even exclude "posting".

Lx

i would think if you are sitting for someone it might be reasonable to post in a tournament thread that a game has finished or to post another's name for those challenger types of tournaments.

Yes. I've always assumed it referred to tournaments that require players to take actions between games, such as announce what map they want to play in the next round or who they will be challenging.

I think it's also reasonable to post what a sitter knows about the sittee's expected date of return, so that the TO can make a decision whether to replace him or not.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Lindax on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Lindax wrote:
Leehar wrote:I'm glad you challenged it since I'm not sure when it came about, but it was specifically mentioned as acceptable.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7785#p2865163
  • Being on another player's account for ANY reasons other than taking turns when they are in danger of missing a turn, or posting to necessary Tournament or Clan related public forum topics, is not allowed. Abuse of this privilege can be considered account sharing and could result in a Bust for both accounts.

Ah, but that's not quite the same as what you originally said: "updating clan war or tournament OP's that are in the community interest and delayed".

You're talking about editing a post of another person. This quote says "posting" in topic".

And how would you read this statement from the Head Tournament Director?:

Night Strike wrote:There's no reason for any account sitter to be updating tournaments as far as I'm concerned.

That would even exclude "posting".

Lx

i would think if you are sitting for someone it might be reasonable to post in a tournament thread that a game has finished or to post another's name for those challenger types of tournaments.

Yes. I've always assumed it referred to tournaments that require players to take actions between games, such as announce what map they want to play in the next round or who they will be challenging.

I think it's also reasonable to post what a sitter knows about the sitter's expected date of return, so that the TO can make a decision whether to replace him or not.

Now you're talking about normal posting in threads. None of that needs to be posted by the sitter through the account of the one he/she is sitting for. Anybody can simply post any of this under their own account, not the sitter's:

Hello, I'm account sitting for chapcrap, his game 1234567 is finished.

Hello, I'm sitting for Dukasaur, he wants to play Classic for the next round and challenge owenshooter.

Hello, I'm sitting for HerrZ, he'll be back in 10 days. If that doesn't work for you, go ahead and replace him.

All of that kind of stuff you can post using your own account, not that account you're sitting for.

Maybe I'm missing something, but there is no reason to post anything in the forums while account sitting. Post it under your own account.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Fair enough.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Genoke on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:01 pm

If we seek the most fairness....sitting for another player should be forbidden.

no grey areas anymore...no wrong interpretations anymore.
no hunting for 1 or 2 hours before turns expires...

the only thing that would matters is...hoping all the players have control of their own lives and nothing bad would happen to them, not even an obstacle as trafficjam.
when they've planned a holiday, then they planning to get 0 games at that moment! or playing by smartphone without snapshots.
would give some wars spectacular directions if you ask me. :D

if someone misses a turn, then be it, it's only a game! max players in clan wars would be perfect followed.
i could live with it, but could the rest of the clan world live with it? :?:
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports